Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3356
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 01:52 AM   #33551
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
My new bike is on the way...

It's passing through Indianola Mississippi right now. Should be here in a few more hours.
Awesome! Congrats.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:57 AM   #33552
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 834 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
beer, don't forget the beer; the quantity and cost of beer can be astronomical when roofing in warm weather.
^^^^^
Sound advice, MM. I shingled a roof in July in Georgia. Hot is an understatement.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 02-21-2014, 01:59 AM   #33553
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Dude, I'm not kidding! I paid it off Tuesday, didn't really expect delivery for another week or so. It's being hauled in on a trailer TONIGHT!

Oh, it's a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE. A little light on the displacement side, but I've logged close to 1K miles on it, I'm happy with it.
Dammit Trip! that's a cool looking bike! congrats on getting it. i am more of a Harley type person, but a good looking bike is still a good looking bike.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #33554

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Dammit Trip! that's a cool looking bike! congrats on getting it. i am more of a Harley type person, but a good looking bike is still a good looking bike.
I prefer the looks and sound of a Harley... but these jap bikes run smoother and tend to last longer with fewer problems. Not to mention the maintenance on them is waaaaaay cheaper. But they don't hold resale value nearly as well, which is how I managed to afford it! That and I bought it from my step dad (who got a Harley!) for under book value.

Some freaking idiot that Cinder was/is going to school with, took an older Harley Sportster and put forks on it that looked like they were ten feet long. Sitting "straight" on the seat, you'd be looking at the sky. The whole body of the bike was angled upwards at about a 30 degree angle. It was hideous.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:10 AM   #33555
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I prefer the looks and sound of a Harley... but these jap bikes run smoother and tend to last longer with fewer problems. Not to mention the maintenance on them is waaaaaay cheaper. But they don't hold resale value nearly as well, which is how I managed to afford it! That and I bought it from my step dad (who got a Harley!) for under book value.

Some freaking idiot that Cinder was/is going to school with, took an older Harley Sportster and put forks on it that looked like they were ten feet long. Sitting "straight" on the seat, you'd be looking at the sky. The whole body of the bike was angled upwards at about a 30 degree angle.
i know all about the maintainance on Harleys! but i was always a tinkering type person, so it didn't bother me. i was constantly doing custom work on mine and trying out different things. do regular maintainance on that Kawasaki, and you'll be able to pass it on down to Sue! seriously, it's a good looking bike. i hope you have lots of enjoyable rides on it.

sounds like he didn't know the proper way to put longer forks on a bike!

Old 02-21-2014, 02:10 AM   #33556
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
My new bike is on the way...

It's passing through Indianola Mississippi right now. Should be here in a few more hours.

Beautiful bike dude. I'm jealous. I love Vulcans and Shadows. Gorgeous.

Quote:
I agree with all this. I don't wanna drop the bookoo bucks on a Harley so my next bike will be a Shadow or Vulcan when I get back to NC.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

Always have clean socks.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:38 AM   #33557
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11566

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
The whole quarry is queer
Better not let Nitestalker see you using that word! he seems to think it means something other than what you and I mean it to mean. KnowhatImean?

Quote:
wont even let you out of your own truck , I tried to open the door to ask said dumb ass which pile to go to and before I could get a foot out he was throwing a fit .
Then they did not want to let me leave since I did not have it covered to which I told them its no where close to the top for it to blow out and the ass hat got me the wettest sandy rock he could load , I have paid and I am leaving . I only went to this quarry cause its so close , my favorite one is about 10 miles away and about 17 from the house which is too far for what I felt safe with BUT they are pretty cool and will let you walk around a bit .

What the ass hats at the idiot quarry dont know is we have a hole in their fence we made many years ago that they dont know about and is still there but since my mojo aint what it use to be I dont care to be caught out there .
Think it started fishing due to a slightly smaller tire on one of the axles but after it dries out some round here I might try again ,
When the hell did mulch jump to 28.00 a yard ? I mean damn it !
I went to a quarry like that once. Got loaded to far aft in the trailer and they screamed at me when I got out of my truck (with hardhat and vest on) and I ended up dumping the trailer between the load area and the scale (bit of a distance and a few corners between the two where I could dump it where they couldn't see me), went back and had him reload me. I don't think he knew what to do when he saw me 5 minutes after he loaded me the first time. Thankfully that was the only load I needed from that quarry. Never been back since.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 AM   #33558

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Congrats on the bike, trip. Keep it out of the weirdo chicken houses...

normal people scare me

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2014, 05:39 AM   #33559
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11566

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Congrats on the bike, trip. Keep it out of the weirdo chicken houses...

That is unless you are in Nevada. Then you might want to ride it through the wierdo chicken houses!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #33560

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Quote:
Oh, it's a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE.
GASP THATS BLASPHEME !!!!!

Its ok though , even though you may make it to your destination I can still smoke you and coast in to mine .
Some things people dont understand about me is even though your ride maybe faster , 99% of people are afraid to blow their engines or cause other damage , I on the other hand am not , I Dont care how much money I have tied up in it or what work has been done , I built it to play and break , everytime I break , its a great excuse to make it better .
I essentially rely on the others modesty and concern for their own ride to beat them .
I cant count how many times I drained the oil pan on my old 56 from turning to high .
Now my Tahoe and minivan I am a bit modest on since they are daily drivers , the ford I am a bit rough on , the bike and my other toys I have no mercy

Dont know why I went into the top end again when second gear is giving me the middle finger but hey 3 out of 4 aint bad .
I am looking for another set of 883 heads , I cut mine up to kill some compression and lost a good bit of power .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”