Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3334
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 02:04 AM   #33331
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22000 Times on 12404 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
on the plus side, today my FFL calls & tells me I my background check finally cleared & I could pick up my S&W.

on the down side, pretty sure something's dead under our house. noticed a funky smell in the master bath Wednesday. the litter box is in there, figured it needed to be changed. today, noticed bad smell coming from around the tub, opened & the access panel & yep, dead critter smell. not sure what or where it is, we live in a double wide so the whole bottom of the house is insulated. took a look into the skirting, it didn't smell down there & I didn't see any obvious tears in the fabric or insulation where something got in.

now what do I do? put a leash on one of the cats & send it in to see if they'll recover it or wait till it's skin & bones & the smell goes away? I don't really have faith in either plan.
send in the cat!

Old 02-08-2014, 03:07 AM   #33332

Liked 338 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Get yourself a bad@$$ stray cat to take it out. This is Oscar, there's probably not a chipmunk within 20 miles of my house.

1391828771545.jpg  

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 02-08-2014, 05:52 AM   #33333
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So...I know the weather has to be juuust right for rabbits to be edible, is the same true for squirrels? Do they get worms if its been too warm of a season?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 02-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #33334

Liked 338 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
So...I know the weather has to be juuust right for rabbits to be edible, is the same true for squirrels? Do they get worms if its been too warm of a season?
First frost usually kills all weavels in squirrels and rabbits

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 02-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #33335

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

http://dailybuzzlive.com/archives/2764

Oh what I would give up to have these people for a while out in my shed . What I would do would make satan sick to his stomach and ban me from entering hell.
I dont want to kill them , I want them to live so they can remember and feel the pain from their torture every single second for the rest of their lives .
The Iranians would even try to stop me
I want them hooked to top notch machines to keep them alive with adrenaline drip so they dont pass out .
I can understand where God came from before I could ever understand why or how people can do this . I can even somehwhat understand people who just outright murder kids .
I can not imagine what this poor baby endured , I feel bad enough when they get sick or a little diaper rash .
Major kudos to the 1st responders for showing massive restraint in not killing them onsite .
I am a firm believer in that God will never lay anything at your feet that you can not handle but when it comes to kids or situations like this I honestly believe I would loose my mind and not be able to control myself .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note . The reverse makes a funny sound when you 1st engage it on the van but everything seems fine on it . I pulled the pan to do a filter change and the magnet looked like a metal sea urchin . Its a very very common and well documented transmission 41TE and in my research it seems very easy to rebuild . I have another van here but a bit older so I may pull that trans and rebuild it myself and have it ready . It looks easier to do than a old GM 3 spd if that tells you anything .
The main issue now is , the wife is eyeballing it but with 200k on it I dont want to hear constant nagging about every little thing that is wrong with it .
The other one I have is hit kinda hard in the LF wheel , dont know if the strut tower is kicked in or not . Either way I think there is some mini van fever going on my house , Use to hate them but they do have some room and very nice to haul the kids in . I took out the mid seats and left the back ones in so the kids cant pester the chit out of me going do the road LMAO

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #33336

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
...I slammed the lid the other night and almost broke a six pack of bottles.
Now that's serious! Please be more careful!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #33337
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5162 Times on 1774 Posts
Likes Given: 1529

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
First frost usually kills all weavels in squirrels and rabbits
Agree, believe they are called wolf worms.

link

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #33338
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8850 Times on 5123 Posts
Likes Given: 11575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
Agree, believe they are called wolf worms.

link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsvLe5e4DWs
I hope he killed the damn thing. I have found tape worms out in the wild before. Kill 'em with fire if you can. Freaking disgusting!!!!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #33339

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It is not the "Tape Worms" that are the problem. It is the rodent "Tularemia" .

http://www.cdc.gov/Tularemia/

Old 02-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #33340

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

That's disgusting