Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3322
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #33211
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1240 Times on 889 Posts
Likes Given: 624

Most times its just .30 over ...... whatupti doo

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #33212
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
86.5-97 nissan pathfinder 2 door only and 5spd 4wd only , either vg-30 will do

one fo the exploder and my fav pathfinder also a case of bud light
NICE! Two door pathfinder with the 3.0.

What about that one car that exploded mysteriously?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #33213

Quote:
NICE! Two door pathfinder with the 3.0.
Oh it was when i got it , not a scratch on it . I was cutting doughnuts out back of the shop and it slammed into the bed of a parked and loaded dump truck , crushed in the whole rear and roof , it hit so hard it ripped the driver seat out fo the floor . I fired it back up , drove back over to my bay and got the saw out .
IN FACT if I ever get another 2 door pathy the first thing I am going to do is cut it just like that one , I loved it .
Only thing bad about the one I had in the pic is it was TBI , low power from the factory but the 2 injectors kept coming unseated from their cups , and would just pour fuel into the engine . They popped on the trail one day so I pulled the cover , found 2 lil bitty rocks just right , set them ontop of the injectors and put the cap back on , never had it happen again .
All of nissan v-6 back in the day had exhaust manifold issues , bad ones , most were due to broke studs , they all sounded like a tree frog under the hood and were a nightmare to repair . The manual transmissions both 2wd and 4wd for the v-6 had issues with the release bearing seizing on the trans input shaft collar and would snap the collar . The later model v-6 man trans were junk but all of the autos were garbage and ungodly $$$$ to rebuild and to pull out . In fact on the 4x4 trucks and suvs you had to pull the transmission to get the motor out .
The 2wd V-6 only held 3.6 quarts of oil WITH FILTER and notorious for false readings on the wire dipstick . I drove one from greenville sc back to Raleigh with no oil , when I pulled in to autozone , I dropped the drain plug and nothing came out , every lifter had already collapsed and it was barely running anymore . Put a gallon of Lucas in it ran for a few minutes , pumped the lifter back up and drove for another few years till a 3rd gear doughnut session washed out 4 rod bearings .
I am a firm follower of Engine Restore , every motor I have ever put it and later torn down you can see where it had filled in all the little scratches and pits , one of the few additives that does its job , dont like Lucas trans additive , it can make the valves , bands and everything else stick beyond return

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 01-30-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:45 AM   #33214
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

24 hours till JW is home!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2014, 06:00 AM   #33215
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 326 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
I hope the 24 hrs go quickly!

Married 28 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Old 01-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #33216
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8948 Times on 5197 Posts
Likes Given: 11758

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Git the mattress ready!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #33217
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3509 Times on 1955 Posts
Likes Given: 19418

We'll , today , I actually had a thought..!

Old 01-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #33218

I want a box of the RIP ammo on the home page , Ill take some 9 and 12ga slugs , that round looks brutal , cant imagine what a 12ga slug would do , wonder how much hell it is on the rifling .

I pulled the bath tub in yesterday and pulled the engine , which is still 100% full of water , not only is it full it was frozen solid .
I dont see any cracks but I am afraid of the bores being distorted . Only thing that may have saved it is the entire engine , inside and out was frozen in a solid chunk of water . I had to get the air hammer out to remove all the ice just to get to the engine . At least all of the electrical was sealed good enough and is dry as a bone .
Getting ready to tear the engine down for inspection and cleaning , hope its ok

Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 PM   #33219

Just changed out a valve spring on 6.0 2500 chevy on #7 which is the last one , very fun to get to and to do with the head still on .
But hey , store bought the truck thinking it had a bad engine for a grand, i pop the cover and see the spring . 1hr and 3.78$ later its purring like a kitten should pull about 4-5k at the sale next week

Old 01-31-2014, 11:05 PM   #33220
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2479 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
We'll , today , I actually had a thought..!
Congratulations. You are still alive and have functioning brain cells.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

People Like This