Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3284
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 02:34 AM   #32831
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Wanna know why I find it annoying? Because nobody leaves their brass anymore...
Found all this at the range last week. About 300 or so pieces of various calibers.
dscf0418.jpg  

Old 01-11-2014, 02:34 AM   #32832
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 718 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Its strange...
For a cheap $700 POS car, I get alot of complements and people wanting to check out my Rampage. Way more than any other vehicle ive owned, even really nice ones...

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 02:40 AM   #32833
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Here's some randoms for ya'll:

This is a long drive.

I'm excited to see the family this weekend.

I miss reloading.

One of my roommates is a complete fool and undeserving of his MOS.

I'm gonna buy a single stage reloading press when I get back to NC. Might also start casting boolits, depending on local lead sources.

I want cruise control.

Always have clean socks.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:48 AM   #32834

Liked 704 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

I've begun to really hate the first half of January. Tuesday night I was at work until after 8:00 PM (salaried, so no OT), we carpooled that day because of ice on our road, so Wife had to cool her heels at work until I got there to pick her up, then we get home after 9:00 to find one of our ewes in obvious labor, and not having an easy time of it. So we ended up spending an hour trying to catch her, then gave up for a while & went to bed. Wife got up a little after 3:00 to pee, then went out to check on the sheep. Rousted me out of bed soon after, and we finally managed to get a lariat around the ewe's head and one front leg.

Lamb was needing to be out, but was turned wrong, and I couldn't get a grip on it with the surgical gloves and oil lube, so ended up playing OBGYN with bare hands. Fun with a girl, NOT fun with a sheep (unless you're named Ahmed). Lamb was dead anyway, turns out, and looked to be premature anyway. We think one of the rams had butted the ewe in the side recently to be first at the feed, and may have killed the lamb. If he keeps being a butthead like that, he'll join his brother in my freezer, with his hide salted down and his nutsack headed to Trip.

Btw Trip, I haven't reneged on that dried one, just been so busy this week I couldn't get it boxed up to send ya. Ended up working till 7:00 or later 3 nights this week. Some days I really wonder why I ever wanted to be an accountant.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

stratrider Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #32835
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8111 Times on 4684 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The truth?

The truth is, I don't know why I've bothered living this long.
I don't think you bothered at all. Life figures you are still worth having around. Besides, your stories are freaking unbelievably priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Now that IS a damn good one to ask....

Motherfu**ers, I ain't fuc*ing killing myself, damn.

Just seems like we put a hella lot of effort into staying vertical, and for what!? so the world can keep ****ting on us?
Meh. Suicide is a quitter's route. You aren't a quitter.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 03:08 AM   #32836

:sigh:

http://tucson.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/3000-1903a1-springfield-1941-model-usmc-sniper-clone-in-3006-with-a-unertl-scope-and-mounts/26317363

Old 01-11-2014, 03:13 AM   #32837

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

$3000 for a clone?

Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #32838
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7012 Times on 4219 Posts
Likes Given: 8449

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I've begun to really hate the first half of January. Tuesday night I was at work until after 8:00 PM (salaried, so no OT), we carpooled that day because of ice on our road, so Wife had to cool her heels at work until I got there to pick her up, then we get home after 9:00 to find one of our ewes in obvious labor, and not having an easy time of it. So we ended up spending an hour trying to catch her, then gave up for a while & went to bed. Wife got up a little after 3:00 to pee, then went out to check on the sheep. Rousted me out of bed soon after, and we finally managed to get a lariat around the ewe's head and one front leg.

Lamb was needing to be out, but was turned wrong, and I couldn't get a grip on it with the surgical gloves and oil lube, so ended up playing OBGYN with bare hands. Fun with a girl, NOT fun with a sheep (unless you're named Ahmed). Lamb was dead anyway, turns out, and looked to be premature anyway. We think one of the rams had butted the ewe in the side recently to be first at the feed, and may have killed the lamb. If he keeps being a butthead like that, he'll join his brother in my freezer, with his hide salted down and his nutsack headed to Trip.

Btw Trip, I haven't reneged on that dried one, just been so busy this week I couldn't get it boxed up to send ya. Ended up working till 7:00 or later 3 nights this week. Some days I really wonder why I ever wanted to be an accountant.
Sorry about the little lamb.
The weather here is terrible. After the well below zero cold it is now raining and turning to ice as soon as it hits the ground. I slipped and wrenched my hip. I didn't fall but I have a pretty painful right hip tonight.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #32839

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
$3000 for a clone?
Look up a legit one....

The 03-A4 clones are cheaper, but I just like the look of the old school long scope.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 AM   #32840
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3030 Times on 2063 Posts
Likes Given: 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I see. So you're BOTH like that. A match made in heaven.

Some folks know Penguins are endangered species.....now Javalinas, Bobcats, Mountain Lions, and the "Yotes",..I'm shooting at!!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*