Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3276
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 AM   #32751
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2463 Times on 1599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

You make it up here the bourbon is smooth and the beer is cold.
Same here, but the bourbon might scratch a bit. Beer is always cold though. You too, ky.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #32752
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My "big girls" are vying for my attention tonight. Lily (shepherd) gets to sleep in the bed with me. Mishka (dane) doesn't because Im allergic to her. Mishka is sitting by the bed grunting at me, so I reach over to pet her. After about 30 seconds, Lily army crawls on to my chest and stares at me. If I stop petting Mish, she grunts. If Im not looking at Lily, she burrows under my chin. These dogs are ridiculous.

Im surprised the attention hog, Val (Boston Bulldog) isn't freaking out right now too.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

People Like This 
Old 01-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #32753

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
It's actually a nice color for a "Ladies Gun" if thats what Your(she is) into. I'm seeing all these "custom" colors on the Kel-Tec's from CDNN(LCP in Green & Bilfold Brown, and the PF9 in Green, Tan, Brown, and different two-tone options. Since I have the LC9 I really don't "need" a PF-9 or P-11, But "If" I were to get one, it would be in FDE or Dark Brown, and it would be an "11" not the PF-9. We have Borrowed a Friend's LCP at the range once a long time ago, and also shot the Sig 238, which I think is every bit as good as the Ruger if not better,..but the LCP does "Bang" your hand a bit...
I think because the LC9 is a little heavier(and better balanced with the ext. Mag loaded) it's doesn't seem to kick as much.

Mohawk: are you going to "Coat" the LC9? I'm considering a Dark Grey for the Slide. I've decided to leave the front sight as is, but to change out the rear for something a little more "visible"....
I had the #20 Spring In and didn't like it as much, so I just put the #16 replacement in. Also testing out something called The "HANDI-Racker" that the Creator was kind enough to send 3 models along for us to try out for review purposes. Anyone with "hand" issues,..this is the simple device that will keep you shooting your Semi-Autos! I will post Pics with the review, but I did a "preliminary" test last night for about 20 minutes. as long as(if your a "rightie") you can Cup your left hand on the device with it over the Slide of your LCP/LC9/LC380, then your good to go!

I have contemplated cerakoting the LC9... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 01-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #32754

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Selling my 34 mosin today. Kinda sad.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #32755

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Selling my 34 mosin today. Kinda sad.

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com

Old 01-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #32756

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post

. Time to let someone else love it.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1389189084.430715.jpgimageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1389189094.929760.jpgimageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1389189106.645589.jpg

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #32757

Liked 1084 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
How about traveling truck repair?? More than just road service, more like a shop in a large straight job kinda thing
Quote:
Not such a bad idea I haven't ever considered that. I worry about doing road service though...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I started off mobile , all i had and I grew to HATE IT , THEE ONLY plus side with my line of mobile is you get great opportunities to see the crap people have sitting around you can wheel and deal for . BUT I am also not a traffic person and got tired of driving 60 miles and its the wrong part , worng engine , ect ect , or it started raining . I still do mobile winterizations , almost got to and I keep the service boats up and going for the one private lake and my rate there is what I charge at the shop so as to keep all other mobile guys away , I also offer free pick up / drop off pull outs launches , no trailer fees if they dont have one , I stop and fill fuel and get registration stickers before dropping back off If I hve to pull one in for work .
But the truck side is WAY WAY WAY different and much more dangerous even for big ugly burly men dealing other big ugly burly men , let a pretty girl show up at 3am on a dark hwy to fix a truck is a very bad idea .

I did pass a construction site this morning with about a dozen pcs or equip out there with a bunch of dude standing around . ITS NOT GOING TO START , NO NEED TO EVEN TRY , GO BACK HOME AND WATCH SPONGEBOB !
has been below freezing for almost 48 hrs now , I never did get the bobcat to start yesterday . But it will once I hook the starter up to 24v .

Ohh Im a diesel , its cold outside , I got so much compression I need 20,000 CCA to start .
I hate a effing diesel when its cold outside , biggest bunch of B/S I have ever seen in my life , OMG they piss me off sooooo bad

I may have to unhook the HYD to get it to start , warm up then rehook it what a epic PITA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C3 , watched a show on history this morning about the Luck Stone quarry in VA , pretty cool operation . They used boosters and straight AN , I thought they mixed it fuel oil ?
AN came up in conversation the other night and one guy said he has a friend he gets it from from a blasting company , commercial grade . How many diff grades are there and why is it such a PITA to find the right stuff ?
Even many of my landscape customers cant seem to get it or afraid to ask
I should have been a blaster , not for the blowing stuff up part but I love the sci and skill involved with it .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #32758

I had a REALLY bad allergic reaction to some vitamins on my way into school today. SO bad in fact, I almost used my Epi-pen. Instead, I stopped at 7-11 to buy some Benadryl. And continued on to class. Couldn't breath, chest hurt and was burning up. I was so hot in fact, that I rolled all the windows down and drove with my head out the window.... in 7 degree weather.... still sweating.

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com

Old 01-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #32759

Liked 2463 Times on 1599 Posts

Random thought: maybe quit taking vitamins?

Feral cat waterboarder

MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 01-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #32760

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Random thought: maybe quit taking vitamins?
I already called home and asked her to throw them away. I will NEVER take them again.

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com