Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #32571
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Started my journey home around 4. Be home tomorrow sometime. Woooooo

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #32572
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 940 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We got a couple of inches of snow today, but we had high winds so they had a lot trouble keeping the roads clear. I drive a semi, local pickup and delivery. I spend my whole day within a 5 mile radius, drive 50 or 60 miles in that radius.

I know my abilities in bad weather, I know my trucks capabilities in bad weather. The people that would rather die than be stuck behind a truck when the weather is good( by die I mean they will pull out in front of you not caring that you can't stop that quick in a truck). In weather like this I might not be able to stop at all but they will pull out in front of me anyway and moving slower than they think they are because in their haste they are spinning their wheels and not moving fast enough. I may have only been going 5 to 10 mph, but now I am sliding at 5 to 10 mph trying to avoid their silly ass!!

Made for a damned long day. I have sympathy for the leos out there who have to deal with these idiots in person when they cut it too close and get their pretty new suvs totaled by their own stupidity.

OK rant over, go back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 AM   #32573

Liked 702 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Found out this evening that an uncle - my Grandma's oldest brother, passed away today from Leukemia. Uncle Gilbert was 87, lived a long and full life. Retired after 20 years in the Army as a Master Sargeant. Served in Korea, managed to not be sent to Vietnam somehow. I spent quite a few childhood weekends at his house, playing with the cousins. Damned good man!

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:56 AM   #32574

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Found out this evening that an uncle - my Grandma's oldest brother, passed away today from Leukemia. Uncle Gilbert was 87, lived a long and full life. Retired after 20 years in the Army as a Master Sargeant. Served in Korea, managed to not be sent to Vietnam somehow. I spent quite a few childhood weekends at his house, playing with the cousins. Damned good man!

Sorry for your loss

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:15 AM   #32575
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 940 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Sorry to hear this, hope you and your family can celebrate the life rather than the death of a hero.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:23 AM   #32576
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
sorry for the loss. you have my condolences brother.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:10 AM   #32577
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
I'm also sorry to hear that, but glad he lived a long, good life and that he seemed to be a good man.

Always have clean socks.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #32578
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1748 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Doing a double shift unexpectedly today. Boss gave john boy a ride back to the house to grab his stuff (he packed everything up last night) and then brought him back to the office.

We had a nice little going away dinner, some grilled deer tenderloins that were given to me in exchange for some gun cleaning services, then boss man covered the office and hung out with the dog while Sue and I took john boy to the airport.

I think the boy will be ok. I don't think I did anything special for him other than give him an opportunity to not have to take care of anyone else.
You may not think you did anything special. But there's a bunch of us here that see it differently. And for damn sure John Boy does. That was one good deed if ever there was one.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 05:06 AM   #32579
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
You may not think you did anything special. But there's a bunch of us here that see it differently. And for damn sure John Boy does. That was one good deed if ever there was one.
multi like button needed!

i saw his act to be one of kindness and caring. it may have an effect that put that young man back on track and kept him from doing harm to his life with turning to alcohol or drugs. if anything, i think him being there, allowed him to come to terms with his loss of his father and the grief he was holding inside.

Trip, it truly was a very special thing to do for someone.
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #32580
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2988 Times on 2034 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr
You have our condolences

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*