Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3236
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #32351
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Many years ago we had JITB in Illinois. That is when I fell in love. Then this is what happened. That is when JITB closed in Illinois. Ah, but horsemeat might explain the strange looking meat in the tacos. LOL

Controversies
In 1981, horse meat labeled as beef was discovered at a Foodmaker plant that supplied hamburger and taco meat to Jack in the Box. The meat was originally from Profreeze of Australia, and during their checks on location, the food inspectors discovered other shipments destined for the United States which included kangaroo meat.[13][14]

E. coli outbreak
Main article: 1993 Jack in the Box E. coli outbreak
In 1993, Jack in the Box suffered a major corporate crisis involving E. coli O157:H7 bacteria. Four children died of hemolytic uremic syndrome and 600 others were reported sick after eating undercooked patties contaminated with fecal material containing the bacteria at a location in Tacoma, Washington and other parts of the Pacific Northwest. The chain was faced with several lawsuits, each of which was quickly settled (but left the chain nearly bankrupt and losing customers). At the time, Washington state law required that hamburgers be cooked to an internal temperature of at least 155 °F (68 °C), the temperature necessary to kill E. coli bacteria, although the FDA requirement at that time was only 140 °F (60 °C), which was the temperature Jack in the Box cooked. After the incident, Jack in the Box mandated that in all nationwide locations, their hamburgers be cooked to at least 155 °F (68 °C).[15][16][17] Additionally, all meat products produced in the United States are required to comply with HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) regulations. Every company that produces meat products is required to have a HACCP plan that is followed continuously. Following the outbreak, Jack in the Box hired consultant Dave Theno to lead their food safety turn around. He worked with food safety experts from manufacturing companies and created a comprehensive program to test for bacteria in every food product used at Jack in the Box.

Holy crap. That is 80 tacos. That could KILL a man!!!! I ate 4 and I felt I wqas taking a big risk. LOL
yes, it's a lot of tacos! but there may be 8-11 guys eating though! a couple of them are pretty good sized fellows too!

Old 12-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #32352
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I went to the gun shop today with the idea that I was going to get a nice, cheap (in price) .22 to fill that void in my collection. Maybe a Marlin Model 60. Well, I went home with a CZ-52 instead...

I hear 7.62 Tokarev is one hell of a round. I also hear that you can buy a 9mm conversion barrel for the CZ-52 if you want to shoot 9mm.
Well, I did a little research on my CZ-52, and found out a few things.

First off, it was made by a military manufacturer as opposed to a civilian manufacturer. It was made in 1953 for the Czechoslovakian Army and has been arsenal refurbished at some point in it's life. There is also no obvious import marks that I could find, though there are some stamps near the right side of the muzzle I have not identified yet. One is CA. There are a few more, but they are pretty light and hard to make out. I think one may be NY?

Old 12-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #32353
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9148 Times on 3950 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Large importer was Century Arms International. Their import mark was- at one time- CAI St Albans Vt

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #32354
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Large importer was Century Arms International. Their import mark was- at one time- CAI St Albans Vt
That may be it, I'll have to take a close look. There are no numbers stamped on the gun like there would be on a newly imported gun. Is that a semi recent thing?
Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #32355
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Got my first paycheck today after being off work for 4 months with an injured shoulder.

I paid a couple of bills and sent a money order off to some address in Texas that has something called a "supporting membership" to some sort of firearms forum. Anybody heard of such a thing?

Old 12-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #32356
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Got my first paycheck today after being off work for 4 months with an injured shoulder.

I paid a couple of bills and sent a money order off to some address in Texas that has something called a "supporting membership" to some sort of firearms forum. Anybody heard of such a thing?
new one on me! let us know how it turns out!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #32357
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3269 Times on 2223 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
Got my first paycheck today after being off work for 4 months with an injured shoulder. I paid a couple of bills and sent a money order off to some address in Texas that has something called a "supporting membership" to some sort of firearms forum. Anybody heard of such a thing?
Let us know if anything Good is going on there....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-27-2013, 03:59 AM   #32358
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8982

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

You were supposed to send that money directly to me.
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #32359
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1234 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Good morning FTF

Old 12-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #32360
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
You were supposed to send that money directly to me.
Dagnabbit I screwed up again!!!