Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3224
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #32231
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22251 Times on 12465 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Agreed. I'm on clonidine as well, plus a bunch of others, but I'm off injectables! (Yay)... My Grandma used to say the same thing Axxe! She lived to 94..and her baby sister made it to 98!
i hate being dependent upon so many medications to just function at a reasonable level that i use to take for granted years ago. everyday i am able to crawl out of bed is a small blessing in itself anymore.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #32232
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I have never been on any pills more than a week or 10 days at a time (and it has been a couple of years since that has happened) until I was diagnosed with Lyme. Now I am taking three prescription antibiotics, one anticholesterol (for a beneficial side effect) and a host of other non-prescription meds. Its tough to do, going from zero to 10 things a day, several times a day.
Yeah I'm right there with ya! I'll have been on these for a year as of February and I'm still not used to popping 6 pills at a time all day long.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #32233
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
i hate being dependent upon so many medications to just function at a reasonable level that i use to take for granted years ago. everyday i am able to crawl out of bed is a small blessing in itself anymore.
Hey! I feel ya! After Almost" Croaking" from kidney failure this past spring,....I'm just glad I'm not still hefting around 375 pounds....I was never so heavy in my whole life like I was last Dec. and Jan......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #32234
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22251 Times on 12465 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Hey! I feel ya! After Almost" Croaking" from kidney failure this past spring,....I'm just glad I'm not still hefting around 375 pounds....I was never so heavy in my whole life like I was last Dec. and Jan......
partly i am fighting opposing battles medically. being in such a physical type job environment helps me in some ways as i am constantly moving, climbing, lifting and doing physical labor all day long. on the other hand, it taxes me physically by the end of the day in regards to my back, neck and hips and leaves me in constant pain daily.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #32235
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
partly i am fighting opposing battles medically. being in such a physical type job environment helps me in some ways as i am constantly moving, climbing, lifting and doing physical labor all day long. on the other hand, it taxes me physically by the end of the day in regards to my back, neck and hips and leaves me in constant pain daily.
I have gotten some help from Chiropractic adjustments, between that and PT,...it's gotten me a little stronger and somewhat better mobility, but the back and shoulders are so bad at this point that even with pain meds it's only slight relief.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-22-2013, 02:15 AM   #32236

Liked 539 Times on 290 Posts

So I have lived in the house I am living in for about 8 years now, and as my son and I pulled in today he says
"Holly crap I just realized our house number is 223" we both laughed. I suggested we make a cartridge shaped mail box.

Random thought of my day
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #32237
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1359 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A few years ago for Christmas my then wife bought me the Nero Wolfe detective series that aired on A and E several years ago. I tend to drag it out on long winter nights.
Not rocket science but enjoyable tv. It follows the books fairly closely.( I have read all of them that my library has.)

Not an earth shattering random thought just an enjoyable evening.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #32238
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10424 Times on 4495 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 months ago- picked up a vintage (1948) Marlin 39A from my LGS. Metal is very good, wood is fair (could use refinishing) Scoped w/ cheap scope, rear sight ordered from Marlin to replace missing sight.

1 month ago- finally got the chance to strip it down and clean before taking it to the range for the first time. Found only HALF a firing pin. Took it back to shop. They apologized, sent it to their smith for a replacement (no charge)

Today- Stopped by shop. Hey- your 39A is back! When the manager set the rifle on the counter, he froze- looked at the toe of the stock- and asked- "Was this like this when you brought it in?"

Buttplate shattered, big chip missing from toe. No, don't think so....

Mgr went to the back room, returned a minute later- laid the chip and bits of buttplate on counter. Said "No, it wasn't like that when you brought it back- someone dropped this rifle- the broken bits were laying in the rack."

So they are sending it BACK to their smith for a new stock and buttplate. No charge.

Honest dealer- I can wait (hell, got 2 other 39A's) So much for their profit margin on THAT rifle.....
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #32239
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 months ago- picked up a vintage (1948) Marlin 39A from my LGS. Metal is very good, wood is fair (could use refinishing) Scoped w/ cheap scope, rear sight ordered from Marlin to replace missing sight.

1 month ago- finally got the chance to strip it down and clean before taking it to the range for the first time. Found only HALF a firing pin. Took it back to shop. They apologized, sent it to their smith for a replacement (no charge)

Today- Stopped by shop. Hey- your 39A is back! When the manager set the rifle on the counter, he froze- looked at the toe of the stock- and asked- "Was this like this when you brought it in?"

Buttplate shattered, big chip missing from toe. No, don't think so....

Mgr went to the back room, returned a minute later- laid the chip and bits of buttplate on counter. Said "No, it wasn't like that when you brought it back- someone dropped this rifle- the broken bits were laying in the rack."

So they are sending it BACK to their smith for a new stock and buttplate. No charge.

Honest dealer- I can wait (hell, got 2 other 39A's) So much for their profit margin on THAT rifle.....
Well, at least you got a new stock, buttplate, and firing pin out of the ordeal.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 12-22-2013 at 04:57 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #32240
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Happiness is a warm gun on a cold day and a target with one big gaping hole in it.
Axxe55 Likes This