Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3184
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #31831
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Look at you go, living up to your name VikingDad! Solid advice.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #31832

Liked 4571 Times on 2542 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Here is the differance Cinder, you moved to the freezer. On the other hand the freezer moved to us. But yes pansies we prolly are.

Btw, pansies are tough by nature. I bet they survive this ice storm. I don't know how pansies are meant to imply weakness.
Well it edits out pussies, so pansies was the next thing that came to mind. No one told me I was moving to the Arctic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
She didn't tell y'all, she was complaining last night. She took a shower then went out to her car to get something and her hair froze.
It was 2 seconds and my hair turned to ICICLES! It froze my sister's perfume! It's mostly alcohol! It's F***ING cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my father is a different person with his grandchildren than he was with my brother and i!

but my father said my grandfather was different with us than with him as well!
My Dad was completely different after my little sister was born; she and my younger brother were raised in a completely different home than I was...

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #31833
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Well it edits out pussies, so pansies was the next thing that came to mind. No one told me I was moving to the Arctic!!

It was 2 seconds and my hair turned to ICICLES! It froze my sister's perfume! It's mostly alcohol! It's F***ING cold.

My Dad was completely different after my little sister was born; she and my younger brother were raised in a completely different home than I was...
was your father more mellow or more stressed?

my father is way more mellow with his grandchildren than he was with my brother and i. i was the source of his grey hair and baldness!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #31834

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Well it's a good day to clean an oil the guns.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #31835

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

my father is way more mellow with his grandchildren than he was with my brother and i. i was the source of his grey hair and baldness!
Her dad's a great guy, and judging from what I know of it, I think the man was under quite a bit of stress. Some people get snappy and treat those they love a bit differently when they're under a lot of stress.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #31836
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Her dad's a great guy, and judging from what I know of it, I think the man was under quite a bit of stress. Some people get snappy and treat those they love a bit differently when they're under a lot of stress.
I can attest to that! My Dad was a Bit "Snappy" in what would turn out to be his last few years. Until the day I die I will never forget his Speech to me as I lay in a hospital bed at Walter Reed...He had a flask of Johnnie Black In his overcoat pocket, so i'm sure he had time to work on the flask & his Comments to me on the train down to DC from Penn Sta. in NY! It's in the quotes section if anyone want to see what a 55 Y.O. tells his 23 Y.O. son who's laid up in a Hosp. Bed...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #31837

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This man was/is raising 5 kids. I say "is", because that's a job that never really ends! Her dad's oldest son is either the same age or just a little older than me, and they're all less than 5 years apart in age. (edit: I think the age difference between two of them is right at 5 years, maybe 5 years and a couple of months)

And it seems to be a notorious phenomenon that the middle child catches the most flak. Guess who the middle child is?

I admire the guy, I don't think I could handle that many and have them all turn out as well. I could keep that many kids alive, sure, but I'd expect at least ONE of them to end up being a convict!!! And I'd probably be first!!

Last edited by trip286; 12-07-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #31838
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 809 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Changed my mind and just applied to Liberty University Online instead of going to an actual university for classes. I am almost done with my degree anyways and working full time + school full time + 2 lil ones at home was killing me before. I'll take a hit of a couple hundred bucks in my post 9-11 GI bill also, but hey i'm still getting paid to get an education. I'm also switching majors to Homeland Security/Antiterrorism so it adds like 12 hours more to what I need, but i'll already have a history minor completed and if I take 1 more anthropology course i'll have an minor there as well.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #31839

Liked 1344 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Think I used up my late night pass this morning . Wife got the kids up at 6 , threw them in bed w/ me so they could torture me . Then they left about 7 to go to a santa breakfast thing at some church 25 miles away , I let her go while I went back to sleep , needles to say she is not happy lol

SO the guy with the wrecked boat from PA was coming down this morning to pick it up , told him I would meet him at 11 to get it loaded and it would give me time to put a battery and life jacket I used back in it before he got here .
10 am , Im right in the middle of putting everything back in and he rolls up .
Face palm
Jobs are so much easier to do with the right tools and equipment .
Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House
Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 12-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #31840

Liked 4571 Times on 2542 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:

He mellowed out, a lot. But then, my sister isn't even close to being as tough as I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
This man was/is raising 5 kids. I say "is", because that's a job that never really ends! Her dad's oldest son is either the same age or just a little older than me, and they're all less than 5 years apart in age. (edit: I think the age difference between two of them is right at 5 years, maybe 5 years and a couple of months)

And it seems to be a notorious phenomenon that the middle child catches the most flak. Guess who the middle child is?

I admire the guy, I don't think I could handle that many and have them all turn out as well. I could keep that many kids alive, sure, but I'd expect at least ONE of them to end up being a convict!!! And I'd probably be first!!
My older brother is 28, next is 27, I'm 24 my younger sister is 21 and little brother is 19 almost 20 so, only three years age difference between my sisters and I. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad, I think he's a great guy, but you don't know the same guy I knew growing up.

And yeah there are five kids in my family and I'm one of them, trust me I'm sure my parents were very stressed. I'm pretty sure in the reason my Mom is crazy. Although it may be genetic because her sisters all have the same crazy and so does her Mom. And by crazy I mean batsh!t insane.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Axxe55 Likes This