Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3176
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #31751
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

Yeah. It was colder then that a few days ago....
Not here, or if it was I wasn't really out in it. I belong in the Bahamas, I hate being cold!

Old 12-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #31752
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3203 Times on 1937 Posts
Likes Given: 3086

Then you're really gonna hate the next few days. Temps between high teens and mid 20s. Single digit wind chills. Sleet at lunch and rush hour. Snow all night and into Friday.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #31753
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8766 Times on 5238 Posts
Likes Given: 11638

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Just had the worst asthma attack of my life...and of course my inhaler got packed up with our household goods. Thank goodness it runs in our family and someone had one I could borrow. I guess Im done going for runs in 30 degree weather.
Good heavens, GGC. I am an asthmatic, too. My inhaler is always where I can find it. Keep it in your purse if you need to. I am on several maintenance meds for asthma, too.

PLEASE be careful. I work with a woman who's sister died of an asthma attack. Take care of yourself.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #31754
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2906 Times on 1893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Then you're really gonna hate the next few days. Temps between high teens and mid 20s. Single digit wind chills. Sleet at lunch and rush hour. Snow all night and into Friday.
I was on two wheels yesterday in the 60 degree temps yesterday. The forecast here: 1-3 inches of snow through Fri, and a low of 7 Monday.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #31755
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 424 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Good old fashioned thunderstorm in early December? That's central Kentucky for ya...

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #31756

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

I use to have asthma very bad until , strangely enough , I stater smoking . I reckon the tar build up prevents my air ways form constricting too much or the chems act as some kind of stimulant . About the only bad attacks I get now are about 2x a year but its not asthma related , I start sneezing uncontrollably non stop , my throat swells ect ect . Last time it went down I thought I was in real trouble but was able to make it to the gas station for over priced benadryl and chugged a little over 1/2 of it to get it under control.
I use to have a epipen , wonder what i can tell the dr to get another one ?
Would be a very good thing to keep on hand , specially with kids whos allergies are unknown or if any .

I will still have a asthma attack if I am around any burning sulfur or road flares , fireworks ect .

Albuterol and its cousins use to be cheap till the effing EPA decided the little bitty inhalers were depleting the ozone some how and forced the drug companies to change the propellants , now with copay they are 45+ so I just keep the liquid on hand for the machine version , not ideal for rescue but better than nothing

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 12-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #31757

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If you're smoking menthols, that does help a bit.

A friend of mine was a smoker and a very mild asthmatic. Her doctor recommended that she either quit smoking, or switch to virginia slims. She switched, and never had another asthma attack the rest of the time I knew her.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #31758
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8766 Times on 5238 Posts
Likes Given: 11638

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I use to have asthma very bad until , strangely enough , I stater smoking . I reckon the tar build up prevents my air ways form constricting too much or the chems act as some kind of stimulant . About the only bad attacks I get now are about 2x a year but its not asthma related , I start sneezing uncontrollably non stop , my throat swells ect ect . Last time it went down I thought I was in real trouble but was able to make it to the gas station for over priced benadryl and chugged a little over 1/2 of it to get it under control.
I use to have a epipen , wonder what i can tell the dr to get another one ?
Would be a very good thing to keep on hand , specially with kids whos allergies are unknown or if any .

I will still have a asthma attack if I am around any burning sulfur or road flares , fireworks ect .

Albuterol and its cousins use to be cheap till the effing EPA decided the little bitty inhalers were depleting the ozone some how and forced the drug companies to change the propellants , now with copay they are 45+ so I just keep the liquid on hand for the machine version , not ideal for rescue but better than nothing
If you don't want to go to the doctor to get prescription meds, let me recommend either Primatene tablets or Bronkaid tablets. You can get them OTC and they work pretty darned good. Either are less than $15.00. I used these quite a a bit when I was unemployed and uninsured and couldn't afford the prescription meds. Please look into it. They work very well. Within 15-20 minutes, your breathing much better. I recommend the Bronkaid tablets. They are more expense by a two or three bucks but you only take one. The Primatene you should take two so you get more bang for that buck with the Bronkaid. The pack will last longer needing only to take one tablet.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #31759

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

Quote:
If you don't want to go to the doctor to get prescription meds, let me recommend either Primatene tablets or Bronkaid tablets. You can get them OTC and they work pretty darned good. Either are less than $15.00. I used these quite a a bit when I was unemployed and uninsured and couldn't afford the prescription meds. Please look into it. They work very well. Within 15-20 minutes, your breathing much better. I recommend the Bronkaid tablets. They are more expense by a two or three bucks but you only take one. The Primatene you should take two so you get more bang for that buck with the Bronkaid. The pack will last longer needing only to take one tablet.
Well the major thing with me is , I have been hurt and sick soo many times in my life and so medicated that nothing works or they have to give me the max dose or higher just to be effective . Heck if most of you even took a half a dose of some of the stuff I take you would kill over .
Its not a good thing , if I have something major go down either injury or sickness then Im in trouble .
Its getting about time to stop smoking , I have been coughing up chunks of brown goop and I have very high BP , its usually around 150-160 over mid to high 90's
Im just so freaking stressed out right now , if I get back on Chantix its going to be BAD BAD ride , in fact the DR sad it would be best not to even try , Im not depressed but with all that has gone down and is going on he is afraid the side effects would not be good

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 12-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #31760
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2906 Times on 1893 Posts

Meanwhile, an animal rights group wants to classify a group of chimps as humans, apparently because they are smarter than the average chimp. Does that mean they are allowed to vote?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...