You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #31541
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4335 Times on 2789 Posts

As a kid I used to dial our own # and it would ring in (loooong time ago), then they "fixed" it. I had alot of fun pretending to talk to someone that wasnt there, then handing the old black phone to one of my parents as I ran off giggling.
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #31542
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11086 Times on 5871 Posts
Likes Given: 23780

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I won last night. That little fight against insomnia. Got drunk, fell asleep about 2, and slept until 10.
Try a neuro sleep. It works.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #31543
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10878 Times on 6486 Posts
Likes Given: 16071

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
As a kid I used to dial our own # and it would ring in (loooong time ago), then they "fixed" it. I had alot of fun pretending to talk to someone that wasnt there, then handing the old black phone to one of my parents as I ran off giggling.
I remember being able to get our own phone to ring, too.

Also, in the little town I live in, when I moved here in 1987, you only had to dial the last 4 digits of a local phone number if the exchange was the same. LOL
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #31544

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
Try a neuro sleep. It works.
Working shift work I fought sleep patterns for years. I cycle from days to nights every two weeks and it drives my internal clock up the WALL! I've tried everything. Most of the drinks work ok. Drank works better than anything I've tried. Neuro sleep works alright, and has a pretty good taste. Sipping Syrup is decent in a pinch. There's another similarly packaged drink that looks And tastes like sipping syrup. It doesn't do so well.

The BEST I've ever tried is actually an all natural chewable supplement called Midnight. It's $10 at Walmart of Walgreens. Its all natural, it contains Melatonin, Lemon Balm Extract, Chamomile and Lavender. It's a chewable and you can even take it without water. And you wake up feeling well rested the next day, not all groggy and jacked up.

I keep some on my night stand in case I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Or if my medicine has me too wired to go to sleep in the first place. I love the stuff!
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #31545
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1826 Times on 1185 Posts
Likes Given: 230

My high school football team plays tonight, playing to head to States !

Old 11-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #31546

Liked 1464 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 707

Quote:
Or if my medicine has me too wired to go to sleep in the first place
One would think pain meds would knock you out ....... WRONG
They will keep you right on the edge ALLLLLLLL NIGHT
but you will feel good about it LMAO

I changed Dads contact in my phone to a pic of santa and when they get bad I call him and put him on speaker . I usually threaten to call him but that back fires when they steal my phone and hide it ....... lil hellians
Going to go get a tree tonight from food lion , only 29.00 there .
Might get the lil charlie brown tree that no one else wants , POOR WITTLE TREE, I'll take you home with me .......... where you will experience a true hell dished out by 3.5yo twins

I always want the ugly tree but they wont discount them , if they were like 10-15 bucks Id buy the thing but for full price , ehhh , Im getting a nice one

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #31547
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4335 Times on 2789 Posts

Watching "the flight before Christmas" on tv with the kid. Talk about indoctrination, the kid reindeer is trying to find out which of santas reindeer is his dad. Wtf, its like a kid version of maurey povich.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #31548
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1891 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 2613

I am totally bummed right now. Put down a lamb early this afternoon (we've been feeding him for this very purpose), grilled the tenderloins and some backstrap for supper. Flavor was good, but shoe leather would be less chewy. I've grilled fresh venison backstrap the very same way many times, and it's always tender when cooked medium. So why is the damn lamb so tough??

And it's not like I got a huge amount of meat off it, either. I think my lamb experiment is dead out of the gate. And poor Harry... He knew something was up. And the other sheep kept looking at me all accusational-like.

***sigh***

It's a lot easier to put down and eat a chicken or turkey.

Good think I stopped by Burton's Discount Liquor yesterday...

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #31549
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3392 Times on 2294 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr
I am totally bummed right now. Put down a lamb early this afternoon (we've been feeding him for this very purpose), grilled the tenderloins and some backstrap for supper. Flavor was good, but shoe leather would be less chewy. I've grilled fresh venison backstrap the very same way many times, and it's always tender when cooked medium. So why is the damn lamb so tough?? And it's not like I got a huge amount of meat off it, either. I think my lamb experiment is dead out of the gate. And poor Harry... He knew something was up. And the other sheep kept looking at me all accusational-like. ***sigh*** It's a lot easier to put down and eat a chicken or turkey. Good think I stopped by Burton's Discount Liquor yesterday...
HEY at least UGA beat GT!!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 12-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #31550
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1891 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 2613

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
HEY at least UGA beat GT!!!
You betcha! Although it was looking real iffy for a while. I think Mason will be ok next year at QB, as long as Bennett and Gurley stay healthy,

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.