Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3128
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #31271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I just pissed on my foot.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #31272
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 187 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Helps to turn the light on...

Brian

Old 11-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #31273

Couldn't find a light switch on the side of the interstate.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #31274

Liked 1221 Times on 873 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Quote:
Hey MobileMarine, that oil gauge is still reading zero. You oughta get that looked at.

Oh, and have you ever been bitten by a tick? Those memory issues sound exactly like me for the past... ummm. I forget how many years...
Future reference on all tahoe dash related self incriminating photos :
Oil pressure sending unit is bad , as are 1 million others on 5.3 gms . So long as it aint ticking or knocking I dont care , the limmits these gauges work off of are pathetic , hell some fords read normal at 4 psi .

Yes , I have had 3 ticks this summer , the last one was over 3 months ago , took forever to heal and still has a scar . I have thought about it but I have attributed most of my symptoms to arthritis , back issues or side effects of my pain meds or lack thereof .

Im telling ya , its getting bad , yesterday I brought the TIVO into work to load the programming , fought and fought and cussed like hell b/c it would noever show up on the tv , took the tv apart thinking it was broke . Got home and realized I never pluged the tivo power cord in ...............
Funny thing , its working right now ....... dumbass .

been riding this for a week now , just slapped some 20 buck pads on and let it roll . Changed oil , trans fluid , topped off rear end with friction mod , removed the factory cat back exhaust and put a turn down on the Y-pipe
Thought it would be too loud but its not , I dont care for the vibration in the cab but I can live with it , gained some take off by it .
Fittin to load up the boat and hit the lake before this hard freeze hits tomar , if people have not winterized by then , mother nature will do it for free , high teens at night and 30s day time , high 30s low 40s all next week .
May be a busy spring with engines

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 11-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #31275
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine

Poor Tahoe was doing all it could and still getting passed , wished I had drove the F-350 , it wont stop pulling till it blows or the fuel filter clogs up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that oil pressure gauge working?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #31276

Made it back to dear sweet home.

Got up Thursday morning at 0430. Did some housework that desperately needed doing. Got Sue up, had breakfast, did a little more housework. Took him to the doctor, he has a new ear infection. I skipped work and kept him home for this.

Took care of bidness, went to my sis's house and helped clean up the backyard.

Went home, puttered around, went to bed around midnight after talking to Cinder.

Was juuuuusssstttt drifting off around 0200 when the thunderstorm settled in right on top of us. Now, I'm not afraid of T-storms, but it was loud. So... I was awake.

Got Sue up at 0500 Friday after staying awake all night myself. Went to work, did some minor upkeep around the office, took the boy to school, continued my work day.

He gets out an hour after I get off in the afternoon, so I caught a 30 minute nap.

Then we went home, gathered his stuff, and hit the road to Chattanooga. Drove straight there and back, but managed to get about 20 minutes in at a rest stop right outside of Tuscaloosa.

Ex called me when I was about 50 miles outside of Monroe to make sure I was still alive (probably hoping I wasn't!)

About to lay down for a few minutes before heading to my sister's birthday party.

G'night, y'all wonderful mudderfokkers!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #31277

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

I love this paper "crown" my girl made. I call it the scorned woman crown. Maybe I should call it "the bird" crown.

forumrunner_20131123_135651.jpg

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #31278
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2430 Times on 1335 Posts
Likes Given: 333

How sad is it that we now have to sweep college stadiums for "suspicious packages" before every single stinking game?! They're just a bunch of kids out to have fun and maybe start a career. A bomb or shooter ought to be the last thing on anyone's mind!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 11-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #31279

Anyone remember the yrd range at a turkey shoot non pro ? think its 50yrd maybe ?
Got 2 new shotties I am curious about , the 870 mag and that old ass Mberg 500.
From what i have seen , with #8 shot @ 20 ft the 870 with full choke will pepper a car door
The Mberg 500 , same load , same range no add on choke will blow hole slam through the door .
But just in case neither do well I will bring out the old school NEF and start pissing people off , if anyone rivals that gun on tightness I am going back to the truck for the 1902 Iver Johnson and will probably get run off .
I have never been to this shoot and may not know anyone . I was not allowed to bring out the Iver at my old shoot .
Everyone would laugh when it FTF the 1st few times but when it went bang it would blow the center out , nothing to even judge .
Cant even get your pinky into the barrel , not even the tip , extremely heavy gun , extremely thick barrel . Def not the OE barrel , def a custom piece made for that old receiver .

I love nothing more than to show up to a shoot with my little rag tag singles with all these other boys with scoped brownings and benellis and other big $$$$$$ guns and their little sand bags and ported barrels , Hell the NEF has bead of weld for a front sight and holding in the choke . But I love to show them up , even more so the guys with 12ft long chokes on the ends WTF LMAO .

Most deadly gun I have ever seen at the shoots was a uncles old browning with a 60 in barrel , any one who shot it would win baddest damn shot gun ever .

What I usually do is just shoot the New england , its very competitive with some of the better shooters or if there is a bunch of my friends there .
If there are some as$holes there and there usually are and there on their A-game I will bring out the Iver , win some bacon and go home and I try to fill 2-3 spots in a single round to really piss them off , I will spend 50.00 for a 3 lbs of thick cut bacon to prove a point .

Ol boy , done got myself all rilled up for tonight , taking the kids too , might even let them shoot a round '' assisted '' of course .
This will be their first Turkey Shoot , hope it goes well . I went to my 1st one when i was 9 and did well , Got my first gun the next birthday which is the walmart new england 12ga single and won the big pot and the contents of the freezer for the grand prize , we also won a used shot gun but in good sportsmanship I gave it to the older guy who was my biggest competition , he got killed a year later , had a heart attack in his car and crashed .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 11-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #31280

Hmmm thats tough right there , 70ft with 7.5 shot and ummmmm NO SIGHTS! I have been working on the Iver and have not put the sights back on , I know where its shooting no so no need for the time being .
Just had the Game Warden roll up mid shot , very cool dude , no drop your weapon , no ID , he took a glance at the guns and the patterns and left .
He was a bit concerned about using a aluminum trailer for a target but the soft lead and aluminum . The shot just falls straight down into a pile .

The Mberg and 870 would be worthless in a turkey shoot , I think my judge holds tighter than they do
Wish me luck