Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3107
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #31061
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Here's a pic a snapped while we were grocery shopping. He wanted to get his own groceries since they had tiny little carts (of course I was buying).

I think he ended up with a 2 liter sprite, some mixed nuts, nutty buddy cookies, mayo, and butter.

Attachment 126296
he eats like I do. not sure how old your boy is but i'm 32....I don't really have an excuse to keep eating junk food

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #31062

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

He turns 8 on the 29th.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #31063
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
He turns 8 on the 29th.

We will be sure to give him a Birthday "shout Out" on the Podcast...He might Qualify as FTF's Youngest "Member"....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 11-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #31064
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I understood, I'm just not sure it's applying correctly in my mind.

I'm beginning to think it's become obvious I have no lady at home. I'm picked out at a glance as a single dad pretty often.

I've seen women check my finger. Some have tried to give me their numbers, some like to run their mouth.

One woman, an older one like I encountered today, when she discovered Sue lives with me every day and not just every other weekend (she actually ASKED how many weekends I get with my son) assumed my ex was dead and offered me her condolences on my loss.

Sue was like, "she ain't dead. She just isn't a very good mommy."
Have you thought about wearing a ring? I've got a spare I'm not gonna need anytime soon.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #31065

Liked 346 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 6

ok a 1/4 my age....yep I maybe need to eat a few more vegetables.

when I was about your sons age, I tipped my dad's drag bike over in the garage. it landed on my hand & cut open a couple fingers. he didn't have to say anything because I couldn't apologize fast enough. and also I couldn't stop crying.

sounds like you handled it just fine, he knows he screwed up & he's sorry. reading that story was deja vu all over again for me

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

People Like This 
Old 11-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #31066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I honestly don't think your comments are appropriate here regarding marriage and divorce.
Well to be fair, when I married her, I meant for it to be forever. I stayed with her when I thought she MIGHT be cheating. I stuck with her when she beat me. I took the public humiliation and emasculation.

I didn't call it quits until I found out she was planning to run across the Atlantic for another man, and was planning to take our kid and COMPLETELY cut me off from him.

Even then, I tried to reconcile. Then someone else came into my life and probably saved it.

I'm dead set against divorce myself. Cinder didn't necessarily give me the resolve to go through with it. She gave me the will to survive it. Even when the bitch took him and ran away, Cinder was there for me and totally didn't have to be. She dropped everything and called me when she found out, and we stayed on the phone for probably 2 hours. She did the same when I lost my job because the stress got to me too bad. She pretty much carried me through it. That's a strong chick. I would've had a really hard time putting up with that kind of drama for someone I barely knew.

Downsouth was also a rock for me. He's the one who pointed out to me that I really had no trust to rebuild a foundation on with my ex. He never once said I needed to leave her. Never gave me advice on what I needed to do. He just listened to my problems and offered his opinion.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #31067
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Well to be fair, when I married her, I meant for it to be forever. I stayed with her when I thought she MIGHT be cheating. I stuck with her when she beat me. I took the public humiliation and emasculation.

I didn't call it quits until I found out she was planning to run across the Atlantic for another man, and was planning to take our kid and COMPLETELY cut me off from him.

Even then, I tried to reconcile. Then someone else came into my life and probably saved it.

I'm dead set against divorce myself. Cinder didn't necessarily give me the resolve to go through with it. She gave me the will to survive it. Even when the bitch took him and ran away, Cinder was there for me and totally didn't have to be. She dropped everything and called me when she found out, and we stayed on the phone for probably 2 hours. She did the same when I lost my job because the stress got to me too bad. She pretty much carried me through it. That's a strong chick. I would've had a really hard time putting up with that kind of drama for someone I barely knew.

Downsouth was also a rock for me. He's the one who pointed out to me that I really had no trust to rebuild a foundation on with my ex. He never once said I needed to leave her. Never gave me advice on what I needed to do. He just listened to my problems and offered his opinion.
to be honest, i don't think most people go into a marriage thinking about or preparing for a divorce. we plan on it being forever. then $hit happens.

i remember very well all the hell you went through with your ex-wife and with the exception of not having children, it was like looking back at my first marriage in many ways. i truly felt the pain you were going through and i knew you would survive and prevail. and you did.

and Cinder is a special young lady that has come into your life and made a difference in it. it warms my heart to see the direction your two lives have taken. i wish you both the best of wishes and a happy life together.

BTW, Vikingdad and i are still planning the batchelor party. you can't imagine how awesome it's going to be on just $20!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #31068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Have you thought about wearing a ring? I've got a spare I'm not gonna need anytime soon.
I've actually kicked around the idea, but she's supplying the ring to match hers.

I made one out of steel and blued it, but that didn't work out. It fit okay, but it was a little tight and left a nasty rust ring around her finger. I didn't quite think that one all the way through, so we got a brushed stainless steel ring for her.

We're thinking about getting tattooed rings.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #31069
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
BTW, Vikingdad and i are still planning the batchelor party. you can't imagine how awesome it's going to be on just $20!
I sincerely hope that my divorce is final when the bachelor party comes around. It will give me a great deal more latitude being a bachelor and all.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 11-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #31070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
to be honest, i don't think most people go into a marriage thinking about or preparing for a divorce. we plan on it being forever. then $hit happens.

i remember very well all the hell you went through with your ex-wife and with the exception of not having children, it was like looking back at my first marriage in many ways. i truly felt the pain you were going through and i knew you would survive and prevail. and you did.

and Cinder is a special young lady that has come into your life and made a difference in it. it warms my heart to see the direction your two lives have taken. i wish you both the best of wishes and a happy life together.

I'd be happy with $20 per person to get beer and cigars, and a big ass bon fire. Range time, then crack the beers and kick up the feet. That would be a pretty damn awesome bachelor party IMO.