Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3013
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #30121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2405 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Yeah,....I am....same deal with the pain,....hopefully not up until 5 Am tonight.....
I was up till 5 am or so last night. Had company tho. My daughter couldn't sleep, so she climbed in the chair with me and we made a night of it watching the hobbit and drinking milk and "daddy juice." No such luck tonight.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #30122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well about a gallon of water seems to have worked better than the pain meds usually do. I'm finally hitting the sack.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #30123
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2052 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post

Your mention of Politics reminds me, I think I am going to run for a political position when I turn 35 (that's 8 years from now for those of you counting).

I'm so tired of anti-gay marriage, anti-gun, anti-abortion, anti-birthcontrol, anti-divorce, anti-american politicians on BOTH sides!

So, I've decided what my slogan will be. "Hello, I'm Jeffrey Noble and I am running for _______! I am a disabled military veteran and a current Firefighter/EMT. I'm not going to waste you time with false promises and downright lies. Instead, I'd like to tell you my thoughts on current issues. If you do not like guns, do NOT buy one. It's that simple. If you do not agree with gay marriage, don't get gay married. It's that simple. Let me ask you something. What are your thoughts on birth control or abortion? Wait! Let me cut you off real quick. If you don't have ovaries, then it's none of your damn business what the rules on abortion and birth control are. It's that simple. You want to cut veteran benefits? Then you obviously have never served your country, because no veteran would EVER vote to cut our benefits. So, if you are not a veteran, don't worry about our benefits. It's that simple. If it doesn't concern you, SHUT YOU DAMN MOUTH and SIT DOWN!! I am Jeffrey Noble, and I support this message!"
You got my vote!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 10-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #30124
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7340 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9057

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Attachment 123978

My wife would not share these. She would eat them all. I wonder how they make these without burning their fingers?
You make by rolling the raw bacon and baking it rolled up in a mini muffin tin. Then you have a dozen (or however many roses you are making) fake roses. You pull the fake bloom of the fake stem and put the bacon rose on it.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bacon-Roses/
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 10-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #30125

Liked 1789 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

I gotta get a new car. Mine’s been getting thick frost all over it in the mornings. Took me 15 minutes to scrape it off the windows this morning.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #30126
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1236 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
I gotta get a new car. Mine’s been getting thick frost all over it in the mornings. Took me 15 minutes to scrape it off the windows this morning.

You don't have a defroster

Old 10-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #30127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

For PT to work you need to be obsessive about doing it and continue it for as long as necessary. Otherwise you will be right and it won't work.
The problem is that there's a hole in the bone and a lot of missing cartilage in the inside of my knee. I have this super annoying condition called osteochondritis dissecans and had one surgery for it where the doc shaved off a bit and drilled small holes into the big hole to stimulate growth of new tissue. Judging my the pain and weakness I've got, Im pretty sure it didn't work.

PT is great (except when its physical training...as in Marine Corps PT that keeps JW at work later than usual) but I don't think it will regrow bone or cartilage so I don't think it will help much.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #30128

Liked 1137 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 584

We are looking for a experienced automotive tech here in youngsville nc , must have good references and work ethic , if you know anyone looking pass it along .
Ronnie Whites Tire and Towing , can start asap .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #30129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry
The problem is that there's a hole in the bone and a lot of missing cartilage in the inside of my knee. I have this super annoying condition called osteochondritis dissecans and had one surgery for it where the doc shaved off a bit and drilled small holes into the big hole to stimulate growth of new tissue. Judging my the pain and weakness I've got, Im pretty sure it didn't work. PT is great (except when its physical training...as in Marine Corps PT that keeps JW at work later than usual) but I don't think it will regrow bone or cartilage so I don't think it will help much.
It helps recondition muscles, tendons and ligaments around the injury. It doesn't work for everybody, but it's worth a try before you go under the knife.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #30130
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3289 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

It helps recondition muscles, tendons and ligaments around the injury. It doesn't work for everybody, but it's worth a try before you go under the knife.
After all the surgeries I have had, I do everything possible to avoid them! PT helps, if for no other reason then to "work out" the parts that trouble you! My PT works on all areas,..from my almost reconstructed Foot, to my Back & Shoulders....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...