Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #29791
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7725 Times on 4459 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
What iPad did you get? Was thinking of moving up to a 4 or the new 5....
I got the 3 from their remanufactured ones off of the Apple website. I think they had a 4 there too but I'm not sure. I talked to their customer service guy (in Austin TX) and he helped me come to this decision. This is my first Apple of any kind. I have been wanting to get a Mac for years but never took the leap (didn't have the $$$). I really don't have the cash right now either, but I am using it as a register for my business which seems to be working well. I can also use the Square credit card reader too, which is working out great so far.

Still slowly learning how to use a tablet instead of a PC (which I am admittedly not proficient on).

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #29792
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Tablets waaaay easier to master once you get the hang of it. It's less complicated and there are fewer functions to learn.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #29793
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4386 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
[wonders if a ukulele would be considered a "tactical" guitar]
Here's my definition of a "tactical" guitar.

NSDQ

People Like This 
Old 10-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #29794

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Know how many stupid I pods we got around here ? AOLT and tom toms ect ect.
We usually keep them locked up for a specific time for owners to claim unless its ammo then it disappears After it clears that time we usually give them out for christmas presents lol

One thing I have found over the years in junk or wrecked cars that is baffling is the amount of personal info I find in cars .
Car titles
SS cards
all kinds of bank statements
bills
school documents
photos
cell phones
wallets
credit and debit cards
check books
schedules , school and work
kids and relatives info
pay stubs
meds
medical statements
gift cards are popular
just everything about a person you could want , its a ID thief dream come true forget your house , its your car .
It wont take 5 minutes to go through your car to clean all that crap out .

Next time I have a few minutes , I will prove it , I will take photos of all the stuff I find but block out all info .
WAY WAY more than enough info and documents to steal ones ID , hell you cant even look at their bank statements to see if they are even worth stealing .
Hell even if a BG was not a ID thief they could still sell all that info .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #29795
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2750 Times on 1892 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Currently it's 73 Degrees and Sunny In Downtown Clarkdale,..the high today will be 78, this morning's low was a brisk 49! continuing sunshine all day today, and through the week for the Verde Valley Area, but a few flurries Up at the Grand Canyon.....THis has been your FTF weather for Northern Arizona....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #29796
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2750 Times on 1892 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I got the 3 from their remanufactured ones off of the Apple website. I think they had a 4 there too but I'm not sure. I talked to their customer service guy (in Austin TX) and he helped me come to this decision. This is my first Apple of any kind. I have been wanting to get a Mac for years but never took the leap (didn't have the $$$). I really don't have the cash right now either, but I am using it as a register for my business which seems to be working well. I can also use the Square credit card reader too, which is working out great so far.

Still slowly learning how to use a tablet instead of a PC (which I am admittedly not proficient on).
WELCOME to iPAD!!!!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 10-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #29797

Well, the iPad has been loading the video since I posted that. Still working. I think. There is no progress bar showing if it is actually working or not. I am using my laptop now and letting the iPad do only one task.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 10-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #29798

Let's try this again.

Quote:

Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #29799

Damn. Its just not working for me. I am trying to post a short video using the iPad. I click on the paper-clip "attachment" icon, then the "browse" button, then I select from existing video, the video compresses and then I upload it, then it doesn't go anywhere from there.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Quote:

Old 10-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #29800

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
Damn. Its just not working for me. I am trying to post a short video using the iPad. I click on the paper-clip "attachment" icon, then the "browse" button, then I select from existing video, the video compresses and then I upload it, then it doesn't go anywhere from there.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.
]

Edward Snowden could tell you

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Vikingdad Likes This