Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2978
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #29771
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1240 Times on 889 Posts
Likes Given: 624

WOW is it me or is the site acting up this morning ? Very slow and will continue to load till i stop .

Anyway . If it is 65 or below , I wont ride , if the roads are even damp , I wont ride , if the roads MAY even become damp while I am riding I wont ride and I dont like to ride at night either . I am a fair weather puss .
I dont like freezing and I dont trust me or the bike to wet roads and too many bugs out at night and deer and I go through head light bulbs like 3-4 a month.
ANNNNNNNNDDDD I am fenderless on the front and no windshield and no formal in climate weather riding gear . AND my air filter is a 360 open design and I dont care to suck water in constantly .

Rain hurts like hell at 75 mph w/no windshield and no windshield will EVER touch my bike ......... EVER ...... disgusting

To me , riding in the rain , or any thing freezing on the rd is just stupid and begging for a ragdoll .

------------------------------------------------------------------------
So last nihgt the kids went to my aunts to spend the night getting spoiled , so we dropped off and hauled ass tot he mexican joint where I ate a big plate of kiss my a$$ and was begging for a gut pump or good puke afterwards but then we got the '' I wanna go home '' call
FACEPALM
I remember doing the same crap when I was their age , they constantly worried the piss out of us to go spend the night over there yesterday , get there and then they back out ............ REALLY ?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 10-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #29772
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I'm actually happy to hear I'm not the only one having issues. I was bout ready to throw my phone at the wall.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #29773
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3340 Times on 1905 Posts
Likes Given: 2174

This is excerpted from James Wesley, Rawles' survivalblog.com's Oct. 2005 edition:

"..the simple truth--born of experience--is that tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one for those extremely rare cases where all other rights have failed--where government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once." - Federal Court of Appeals Judge Alex Kozinski (a Romanian immigrant to the U.S.)

Old 10-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #29774
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I saw my first frost of the season this morning.
No frost here...yet.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 10-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #29775

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

No frost here yet either. I think the lowest temp of the season so far has been 50! I'll probably ride to class again.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #29776
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

You guys all suck.
We're already at the point where camping out requires gear. It got below 40 last time I camped out. I was curled up in my military wool by the fire and still not a happy camper.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #29777
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3847 Times on 2132 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
You guys all suck.
We're already at the point where camping out requires gear. It got below 40 last time I camped out. I was curled up in my military wool by the fire and still not a happy camper.
I see what you did there....

Sucks to be all of you. We already got snow.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #29778
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

I see what you did there....

Sucks to be all of you. We already got snow.
Not looking forward to that damn white stuff.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #29779

We don't get snow more than maybe 3 times a year. And when it does snow, it is rarely more than a dusting. I remember about 3 years ago, we woke up to 13 inches of snow. It crippled the whole state. No one was prepared for it, no one knew how to drive in it, there were not nearly enough plows available so they brought them in from Ohio and Pennsylvania. The whole area was shut down for days. Y'all can keep that powdery white stuff.

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com

Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #29780

In other news, I am sitting at the computer drinking Pumpkin Spice that my Keurig (sp?) just brewed. And, My daughter is asleep in the swing, my girlfriend is asleep on the couch, my Chihuahua is asleep on my girlfriend, and my Pug is asleep at my feet. The door is open, and the fresh, crisp, Autumn air is rolling through. Oh, and Pawn Stars is on TV. Life is Good today.

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com