You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #29701
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2030 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
even most libertarians concede the roadway is the responsibility of the government to regulate and maintain. Keep drinkin the koolaid bro. The right to drive has never and will never exist. And it's a good thing too because public safety, ALL public safety laws, work off of the premise of government regulation of the roadways. This includes traffic control laws like red light and stop sign laws. What you're talking about is anarchy. Plain and simple. I'm against government control, but traffic and vehicle safety is radically different than gun control or osamacare.
I didn't dispute that it doesn't exist, I said it doesn't exist because we accept that it doesn't. If we accepted that our 2a rights didn't exist then they wouldn't either.

Public safety is the excuse governments use to regulate everything.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #29702

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

If you are against highway safety and traffic control then I guess you must have never driven in traffic in a big city. I've pulled dead babies out of mangled cars because people violated basic highway safety laws. What you are talking about would be horrible beyond your wildest nightmares. About once every year or two I'll have a bad dream about the dead and mangled faces of people I've pulled out of vehicles and some of the live but seriously injured people I've tried to help until EMS got there. It makes me physically ill. If there is one thing that actually needs regulations it's the roadways. Driving is a privilege and thank God that privilege can be taken away or people fined and punished to remind them to obey the highway safety laws. Because death and carnage is what happens when they don't.

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-20-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #29703
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3392 Times on 2294 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Dang man you coulda worn em around the house for a few days. Breaking them in on the trail? Hats off to you brother.
Not like I hiked the whole south rim of the Grand Canyon! It was a 90 minute Circut,....but the view....
image-2521512883.jpg  

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #29704

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Not like I hiked the whole south rim of the Grand Canyon! It was a 90 minute Circut,....but the view....
I love oak creek canyon. It's one of my favorite hiking spots.

My #1 favorite though is Fall Creek Falls Tennessee where Disney filmed the live action Jungle Book Movie.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #29705

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry
Its hard to be married to such an attractive man...I never look as good as my husband at formal events. He always looks good but when he wears his dress blues, its actually unfair to other men in the world. Also, he should not look that good in public, I'd rather not have to hurt someone because she covets my husband.

I married up!
I keep telling my wife the same thing, even tho I have not worn a Dress uni on a steady basis in 22 years, and the last time I had one on for an "Event" was 4-1/2 yrs ago for a PIR ceremony and 2 medals they forgot to give me going out the door from Desert Storm....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
JW357 Likes This 
Old 10-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #29706
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Come on now, doesn't anybody remember when Dango's wife hacked his account? That was the last we saw of him here.
difference is, they both have accounts here! and both of them are cool people!
People Like This 
Old 10-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #29707

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry
I wasn't actually hacked by JW y'all...trust me, what I said is very mild compared to what he would have said about himself. He's not terribly modest, if y'all haven't noticed.
But it's well deserved as far as I'm concerned! Anyone who make the ultimate commitment as many of us " more mature in age" have here, gets nothing but 150% respect from me!

People Like This 
Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #29708
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2030 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
If you are against highway safety and traffic control then I guess you must have never driven in traffic in a big city. I've pulled dead babies out of mangled cars because people violated basic highway safety laws. What you are talking about would be horrible beyond your wildest nightmares. About once every year or two I'll have a bad dream about the dead and mangled faces of people I've pulled out of vehicles and some of the live but seriously injured people I've tried to help until EMS got there. It makes me physically ill. If there is one thing that actually needs regulations it's the roadways. Driving is a privilege and thank God that privilege can be taken away or people fined and punished to remind them to obey the highway safety laws. Because death and carnage is what happens when they don't.
Nowhere did I say I was against traffic laws. I spend all day everyday on the road mostly in the city with a 45' trailer.

I have heard all about the pulling of babies out of wrecks, I have seen all of the movies. I have seen untold numbers of people do incredibly stupid things to not get stuck behind a truck.

My original point was that in a free country driving is a privilege because we have been convinced that it is, much like many of the people of NY. and Ca. have been convinced that owning a firearm should be a privilege not a right.

As I said somewhere else on this board I solved the seatbelt problem by buying a truck that has "all of the safety equipment required by federal regulation on the date of manufacture". Which does not include shoulder belts. Fortunately Ohio has not "drank the koolaid" (as you accused me of) and does not have a helmet law.

I am outta here the browns come on in 1/2 an hour and I got pizzas to make!!

Last edited by F4U; 10-20-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #29709
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

guys, lets start a dedicated thread in Legal and Activism on the debate of driving is a right or privelage. i would like to chime in with my thoughts, but we are starting muddy up this thread about Random Thoughts.

personally i think it would make a good subject matterfor discussion and would get more people involved if it were it's own thread.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #29710

Liked 3639 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 2535

F4U - You are arguing with someone who gets paid to uphold the laws that you are arguing against. Do you really think you're going to sway his opinion?