Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2970
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #29691
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
Unfortunately we have accepted that as true, mostly I think because cars became plentiful during the first progressive era when the first big government types came to power.
No. In every country and every society, roads built and maintained by the government are controlled by the government. It's been that way since governments started building and maintaining roads. The government is responsible for safety and maintenance of the roadways.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #29692
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,763
Liked 1423 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
No. In every country and every society, roads built and maintained by the government are controlled by the government. It's been that way since governments started building and maintaining roads. The government is responsible for safety and maintenance of the roadways.
Which is what your license plate fees and gasoline taxes are for, that has nothing to do with rights vs. privileges.

We repeatedly argue that the ar-15 is the modern incarnation of the Pennsylvania rifle, but will accept being told that an f-150 is not the modern incarnation of a conestoga wagon.
F4U is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #29693
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Dude literally for thousands of years governments have regulated the highways that they build. That's how it works..... The interstate was built here in the US for the military to be able to move vehicles and equipment quickly across the country. Not for you to drive on. You driving on it is a privilege. And if they want to completely shut it down altogether they can. Regulating helmets or seatbelts on privately owned roads and private property would be a violation of your rights. But the right to drive on a public road does not exist.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-20-2013 at 06:15 PM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #29694
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Random thought 56

image-1015044423.jpg
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #29695
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TruggieTex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rural Virginia
Posts: 1,590
Liked 1172 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Dude literally for thousands of years governments have regulated the highways that they build. That's how it works..... The interstate was built here in the US for the military to be able to move vehicles and equipment quickly across the country. Not for you to drive on. You driving on it is a privilege. And if they want to completely shut it down altogether they can. Regulating helmets or seatbelts on privately owned roads and private property would be a violation of your rights. But the right to drive on a public road does not exist.
I do believe there are legal allowances to cross most roads, though. FWIW
__________________
If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It
TruggieTex is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #29696
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GunsGodAndCountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 548
Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I wasn't actually hacked by JW y'all...trust me, what I said is very mild compared to what he would have said about himself. He's not terribly modest, if y'all haven't noticed.
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
GunsGodAndCountry is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #29697
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex
I do believe there are legal allowances to cross most roads, though. FWIW
Right but I was talking about the idea that a helmet law is a violation of your "rights."
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #29698
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,763
Liked 1423 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Dude literally for thousands of years governments have regulated the highways that they build. That's how it works..... The interstate was built here in the US for the military to be able to move vehicles and equipment quickly across the country. Not for you to drive on. You driving on it is a privilege. And if they want to completely shut it down altogether they can. Regulating helmets or seatbelts on privately owned roads and private property would be a violation of your rights. But the right to drive on a public road does not exist.
My point is it doesn't exist because we have been conditioned that it doesn't exist. For most of history governments regulated the possession of weapons too! Many still do.

My personal safety is my concern, that is a large part of all of the ccw argument. Seat belts and helmet laws fall into the same category in my opinion.

We could argue this until doomsday and all we would accomplish is to turn this political and ruin a good thread without convincing each other.
F4U is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #29699
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
My point is it doesn't exist because we have been conditioned that it doesn't exist. For most of history governments regulated the possession of weapons too! Many still do. My personal safety is my concern, that is a large part of all of the ccw argument. Seat belts and helmet laws fall into the same category in my opinion. We could argue this until doomsday and all we would accomplish is to turn this political and ruin a good thread without convincing each other.
even most libertarians concede the roadway is the responsibility of the government to regulate and maintain. Keep drinkin the koolaid bro. The right to drive has never and will never exist. And it's a good thing too because public safety, ALL public safety laws, work off of the premise of government regulation of the roadways. This includes traffic control laws like red light and stop sign laws. What you're talking about is anarchy. Plain and simple. I'm against government control, but traffic and vehicle safety is radically different than gun control or osamacare.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-20-2013 at 06:53 PM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #29700
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 10,231
Liked 9186 Times on 4964 Posts
Likes Given: 19352

Default

Why do bicyclists get equal rights to the roadway and pay none of the taxes?
__________________
No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
MobileMarine Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads