Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2969
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #29681
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
JW has hacked his wife's account.
gonna be fun when she hacks his account!
People Like This 
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #29682
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
gonna be fun when she hacks his account!
That's what *I* wanna see!!!
People Like This 
Old 10-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #29683
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Come on now, doesn't anybody remember when Dango's wife hacked his account? That was the last we saw of him here.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #29684
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

The ones in the 1980's weren't safe enough? Let's see the feds admit they approved unsafe helmets, LOL.

I grew up before bicycle helmets were "normal" for children. I still don't consider them "normal" for adults outside of a racing or stunting setting. I can remember watching ramp skaters on TV wearing pads and helmets and thinking they must all be seriously "hardcore" back in my youth.

I certainly don't support the use of motorcycle helmets or requirement for their federal approval being mandated by law. That's about as ridiculous as the seatbelt laws for adults.

I have wondered if DOT helmets and seatbelt laws will go away under odumbocare; it would save money on those crash victims who might otherwise linger for some time requiring lots of wasted medical care.
Your body is generally able to recover from damages sustained at the speed you can run. Which makes perfect sense from an evolutionary stand point, or even a creationist stand point for that matter.

As you move faster the potential for damage increases as the square of the speed. We naturally move at about15-mph (4-minute mile), or a maximum of 23.35-mph (Bolt in the 100-meter). So, at about 35-mph you are at 4-times more energy than the body can sustain and recover. At 55-mph you are at about 8-times what your body/brain can sustain and recover.

And, we shouldn't all be saddled with the costs of your elective decision to do an inherently dangerous thing. So unless we come to the point where the decision to ride without a helmet is considered a refactoring DNR order, so we don't get saddled with the medical and disability liability for the selfish decisions of the few: The societies interest is validly served by the requirement to ride wearing a helmet that is designed to minimize the potential for injury.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #29685
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 91 Times on 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post

Your body is generally able to recover from damages sustained at the speed you can run. Which makes perfect sense from an evolutionary stand point, or even a creationist stand point for that matter.

As you move faster the potential for damage increases as the square of the speed. We naturally move at about15-mph (4-minute mile), or a maximum of 23.35-mph (Bolt in the 100-meter). So, at about 35-mph you are at 4-times more energy than the body can sustain and recover. At 55-mph you are at about 8-times what your body/brain can sustain and recover.

And, we shouldn't all be saddled with the costs of your elective decision to do an inherently dangerous thing. So unless we come to the point where the decision to ride without a helmet is considered a refactoring DNR order, so we don't get saddled with the medical and disability liability for the selfish decisions of the few: The societies interest is validly served by the requirement to ride wearing a helmet that is designed to minimize the potential for injury.
So you are saying it's ok for the government to pass a law for the "good" of all because of the actions of a few? That sounds a lot like what the anti-gunners are wanting to do.
People Like This 
Old 10-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #29686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
BGL 47! Geez!

If I was on the floor and you were mine, I'd be one step away from breaking the crash cart seal and shooting you up with the D50 (basically 50/50 normal saline & corn syrup). I tell my clients with brittle diabetes to forget trying to get to the refrigerator in the middle of night and that they should keep a thermos of cold OJ right at the bedside.
A tube of glucose jell costs $10 per 3-pack, and has a couple of years shelf life. I keep one by the bed, and a small vial of glucose tablets in my pocket. Glucose hits your system now.

Fructose and sucrose take about 15 to 30-minutes to hit your system, which may be too long to save you.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #29687

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70

So you are saying it's ok for the government to pass a law for the "good" of all because of the actions of a few? That sounds a lot like what the anti-gunners are wanting to do.
Except riding a bicycle or motorcycle, isn't a constitutionally guaranteed right. It is a privilege, readily and correctly limited by the society. Nor, do you have the right in our society to commit suicide, and an attempt to do so, would be grounds both criminally and civilly to revoke your right to bear arms.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #29688
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
Except riding a bicycle or motorcycle, isn't a constitutionally guaranteed right. It is a privilege, readily and correctly limited by the society. Nor, do you have the right in our society to commit suicide, and an attempt to do so, would be grounds both criminally and civilly to revoke your right to bear arms.
So the Government can do as it likes? Sorry, but that's just wrong, and anyone who loves freedom would agree. You have the right to make choices, and the government should respect those rights.

May I remind you of the 9th Amendment?

Old 10-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #29689
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

You have no right to drive. Driving is a privilege. When you are on your private property you don't have to wear a helmet.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #29690
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1443 Times on 855 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
You have no right to drive. Driving is a privilege. When you are on your private property you don't have to wear a helmet.
Unfortunately we have accepted that as true, mostly I think because cars became plentiful during the first progressive era when the first big government types came to power.