Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #29301
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 21,275
Liked 6111 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
At times like that, you could remember those bored, office-bound brethren on the forum and GET SOME PICTURES. Maybe caption it "TIMBER?".........or would it be "INGOT"? Either way, get with the quickdraw on the cel pics, please.
Cinder very well might have been frozen in fear.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #29302
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BFE,Mississippi
Posts: 19,065
Liked 5619 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Default

http://www.allfamilycrests.com/t/thompson-family-crest-coat-of-arms.shtml

I looked up the Thompson family crest (fraternal grandmother), but this doesn't match what I've seen in the past.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #29303
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,907
Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Just a friendly reminder: if caught in a riptide, swim parallel to the beach.

And hope that you aren't dragging a 3 year old wearing one of those huge swimsuits with the life jacket built into it along with you. Because the current fills those suits like the wind fills a sail.

__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #29304
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,003
Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Default

Yea , crest is what I was thinking but Im pretty sure its called something else more so . I looked up mine , pretty boring and nothing I would display , It would take some work to get mine like I would want but It would be a bit more modern and once its like I want have a flag or two made up to fly .
It seem like it would be on the same scale as doing a ammo board which I have not got to yet , Got a cabinet but no board yet .

Even more so , the next gun show that comes through I am hunting some artillery shells , 20's and the like to make some grips and possibly some fork covers out of , that would be bad ass , I got some cool flat green almost the old bomber shade of powder coating coming in , I am ditching the black on the Harley and going green with some nose art on the tank , Possibly a half naked 1940s blonde Maid riding a bomb with '' American Maid '' written on it

__________________
Quote:
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #29305
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,533
Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

At times like that, you could remember those bored, office-bound brethren on the forum and GET SOME PICTURES. Maybe caption it "TIMBER?".........or would it be "INGOT"? Either way, get with the quickdraw on the cel pics, please.
I'm not allowed to have my phone out in the shop. That's why the pics I do manage to get aren't that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Cinder very well might have been frozen in fear.
I was busy yelling at the guys I thought the truck was going to fall over on.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #29306
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,533
Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

It was the same guys that left the wrench in their transmission and let the smoke out of their starter...

__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #29307
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kitsap County, Washington State
Posts: 577
Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Yea , crest is what I was thinking but Im pretty sure its called something else more so . I looked up mine , pretty boring and nothing I would display , It would take some work to get mine like I would want but It would be a bit more modern and once its like I want have a flag or two made up to fly .
It seem like it would be on the same scale as doing a ammo board which I have not got to yet , Got a cabinet but no board yet .

Even more so , the next gun show that comes through I am hunting some artillery shells , 20's and the like to make some grips and possibly some fork covers out of , that would be bad ass , I got some cool flat green almost the old bomber shade of powder coating coming in , I am ditching the black on the Harley and going green with some nose art on the tank , Possibly a half naked 1940s blonde Maid riding a bomb with '' American Maid '' written on it
Is seal the word you were looking for?
__________________
sbeezy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #29308
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BFE,Mississippi
Posts: 19,065
Liked 5619 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I'm not allowed to have my phone out in the shop. That's why the pics I do manage to get aren't that great.

Stealth girl, stealth!


I was busy yelling at the guys I thought the truck was going to fall over on.
Have you never heard of "eliminating the competition"? Of course, they don't sound like the strongest competition.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #29309
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,003
Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Default

Dont think so , I remember doing it in world history class back in the dang 10th grade but hell if I can recall what it was , Gello hit what I was after but I cant think of the other word for it

__________________
Quote:
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #29310
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BFE,Mississippi
Posts: 19,065
Liked 5619 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Dont think so , I remember doing it in world history class back in the dang 10th grade but hell if I can recall what it was , Gello hit what I was after but I cant think of the other word for it
Heraldry? Coat of arms? Family Crest?


10th grade? All I remember is having Algebra or some other math class before I sobered up every day. I specifically remember complaining that the fluorescent lights were making it too hot and getting shocked by the window A/C unit, but other than that, its all a little fuzzy.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p


Last edited by orangello; 10-08-2013 at 07:53 PM.
orangello is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 64 02-22-2013 07:14 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM