Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2904
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #29031
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7151 Times on 4304 Posts
Likes Given: 8684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my wife has been having leg cramps too. she got some pills at the dollar store last week, for leg cramps. she says they are helping a lot.
It only happens on occasion. It isn't very often. But I've had nightmares the last two days and leg cramps today. And now I'm up again and I'll be tired at work tonight. Dammit!!

Old 09-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #29032
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

My go-to on leg cramps (36" inseam) is pickle juice and raisins or bananas, salts and potassium or something like that.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #29033
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7151 Times on 4304 Posts
Likes Given: 8684

The last two days I made myself banana smoothies for breakfast. They were pretty darned good. I brought my little single serve blender in to work and whipped these concoctions up right in the break room. LOL It made my co-workers jealous.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:07 AM   #29034
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
My go-to on leg cramps (36" inseam) is pickle juice and raisins or bananas, salts and potassium or something like that.
My wife talked me into the pickle juice remedy. Whoa... NOT a good taste at 2:00 AM. I can usually tell before bedtime if I'm going to have cramps, so I take some potassium, eat a banana, or both. Triggers for mine are more than normal physical activity during the day, plus not drinking enough water, plus sweating a lot in the heat.

I have a 36" inseam too. Along with 36" sleeve length. Makes clothes shopping a challenge sometimes.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #29035

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm boringly proportionate when I'm not disgustingly overweight. Normal pant size is 32X32 (36X32 for my fat ass at the moment) and I wear off the rack shirts, large and XL right now, medium when I was in shape.

I need to get my weight back down to at least 175. Ugh. I gotta a lotta work to do.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #29036
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

My BIL the diesel mechanic drinks some concoction with apple cider vinegar for his heat and oversweating due to working on heavy equipment in the devil's humidor/MS summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
My wife talked me into the pickle juice remedy. Whoa... NOT a good taste at 2:00 AM. I can usually tell before bedtime if I'm going to have cramps, so I take some potassium, eat a banana, or both. Triggers for mine are more than normal physical activity during the day, plus not drinking enough water, plus sweating a lot in the heat.

I have a 36" inseam too. Along with 36" sleeve length. Makes clothes shopping a challenge sometimes.
I love the pickle juice. In my youth i would do a short shot of pickle juice to chase a large shot of tequilla.

The clothes got easier when my waist got to 36". If you check out that vetruvian man pic, it makes sense for the inseam and sleeves to be the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vetruvian_Man

Last edited by orangello; 09-28-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 09-28-2013, 02:24 AM   #29037
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Personally, i think ole Leonardo wouldn't have done half of what he did with math and proportion without the tuteledge of his former roommate Fra Luca Pacioli, the father of double entry bookkeeping and probably the one who taught Leonardo about the golden ratio.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #29038
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

I've seen some blowed-up engines before but never this bad!

Here's the link to the story. http://bangshift.com/blog/friday-carnage-photo-one-of-the-deadest-motors-you-will-ever-see-how-an-alky-racer-killed-it-can-you-name-the-motor.html?utm_content=buffera13ef&utm_source=buff er&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

blown-up.jpg  

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #29039
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2207 Times on 1220 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Random Thought #6

image-3190646308.jpg

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #29040

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Random Thought #6
Sounds about right. My boss still insists upon using ie. Ugh.

I like chrome. Simple, quick, easy. No bull ****, and not many personalization options. It's utilitarian. Does it's job. Like a hammer. You use a hammer to beat ****. It has no other job. There are no hammer/cell phone/calculator/can opener/vegetable choppers/blenders lawn mowers out there. Why? Because a hammer has one job. Beat ****. That's it.