Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2899
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #28981
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7102 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8610

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
.Partly resp. for me losing almost 130 Lbs this year...went from 371 in Jan. to 241 Now...still have 25-30 to go,.
Congratulations. Great weight loss.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #28982
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 697 Times on 360 Posts

Time for a brief intermission

http://youtu.be/R4ajQ-foj2Q

Old 09-26-2013, 03:21 AM   #28983
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8274 Times on 4781 Posts
Likes Given: 10701

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-honey-launderers--uncovering-the-largest-food-fraud-in-u-s--history-171454285.html

Viking, did you see the bootleg honey scam?

Doc, I like the Ezip bikes; I've been trying to talk my sis into one of their two wheelers. I haven't talked myself into one yet.

They made the first arrests a couple of years ago in LA as I recall. Glad they didn't leave it at that.

Word to the wise for all of you who eat honey, buy local from a beek you know, or if you don't know one get it at the farmer's market where you can meet the beek. All of the "commercial honey" is suspect in my mind and this is for a couple of reasons,
1) Its Pasteurized- raw honey is a beneficial food that can help with allergies. When you heat it up past 150 degrees F it is no longer raw as higher temperatures will kill the pollen and other beneficial enzymes that are present naturally.

2) It is filtered so all of the pollen and other microscopic markers are removed (as mentioned in the article) which makes it impossible to determine where it came from.

If you can't buy directly from the beek, check the label. It should say where it came from and that it is 100% pure honey. If it doesn't, don't buy it.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #28984
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-honey-launderers--uncovering-the-largest-food-fraud-in-u-s--history-171454285.html

Viking, did you see the bootleg honey scam?

Doc, I like the Ezip bikes; I've been trying to talk my sis into one of their two wheelers. I haven't talked myself into one yet.
It is an EZIP!! The EZip TriCrusier.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #28985
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7138 Times on 3910 Posts
Likes Given: 14442

My oldest daughter is being induced tomorrow. We have her one year old for the rest of this week. She won't let me sleep.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #28986
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
My oldest daughter is being induced tomorrow. We have her one year old for the rest of this week. She won't let me sleep.
ahhhhh........grandchildren!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #28987

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Just watched a dude drop 4 kids off at my son's school.

What makes this significant? They rode to school in the loader bucket of his backhoe.

What's funny? I wasn't surprised, nor do I see anything extremely wrong with this, since he only had to drive them about 200 yards (the school doesn't allow kids to walk to school)

I ****ing love being a redneck.

Last edited by trip286; 09-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #28988

Liked 1083 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Quote:
A 'heads up' warning for all men who may be regular Home Depot customers.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two very hot 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk.. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to another Home Depot. You agree and they get in the backseat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen August 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, & 24th 29th. Also Setember 1st, 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, three times last Saturday and very likely again this upcoming weekend. So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Walmart has wallets on sale $2.99 each
From our world to yours,
Got the new back tire on the HOG , rear brake mounted and working , new front sprocket cover powder coated and put on , need to fit the new trigger levers and she will be about ready to ride .
BTW changing the rear tire with chain drive on a spoke wheel is a MAJOR PITA been looking for a solid rear wheel that looks decent so I can ditch the stupid inner tube .
Walked into the gas station this morning where several old men were talking about me . They asked '' How do you get that sportster to hold together ?
What do you mean ?
You come by us the other day and all we saw was ass and elbows , we had no ideal a harley would hold that kind of rpms .
Thats why God invented the rev limiter

Little do they know its got a piston slap from hell lol

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #28989
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

[remembering I have an extra wallet]

edit* [remembers we don't have Home Depot here]

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 09-26-2013 at 07:53 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #28990
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Got my sister another yard cat from the parking lot, nice little orange kitteh. It caught a ride to work on dude's spare tire (under SUV).

Here's hoping it rids her back yard of the annoyingly loud birds.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.