Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2883
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #28821
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8713 Times on 5037 Posts
Likes Given: 11330

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Conversation with my granddaughter..........

Me: On the way home, do you want to go to the farm stand and I'll get you a watermelon or some tomatoes.

Her: I don't like tomatoes.

Me: You used to eat tomatoes. Why don't you like them now.

Her: Well, one time I was eating one and I thought the inside looked like puke so I don't eat them anymore.

I would have said "Well, if you puke tomatoes then that's what happens."
and then start going off on everything that looks like puke and sh!t. Either she will see the error in her thinking or she will never eat another bite of food in her (abbreviated) life.

I'm not even going to mention oysters...... oops

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #28822
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7663 Times on 4605 Posts
Likes Given: 9576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I would have said "Well, if you puke tomatoes then that's what happens."
and then start going off on everything that looks like puke and sh!t. Either she will see the error in her thinking or she will never eat another bite of food in her (abbreviated) life.

I'm not even going to mention oysters...... oops
Nope. I'm not feeding her neurosis. I had weird food ideas when I was a kid, too. I wouldn't eat strawberries because the seeds reminded me of ants eyes. The crunch of the seeds made me absolutely sick. I sure do eat the heck out of strawberries now. She'll outgrow it.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #28823

Quote:
Nope. I'm not feeding her neurosis. I had weird food ideas when I was a kid, too. I wouldn't eat strawberries because the seeds reminded me of ants eyes. The crunch of the seeds made me absolutely sick. I sure do eat the heck out of strawberries now. She'll outgrow it.
I didn't expect you would- you are too sensible to think I was serious. remember, I have boys. If you tell them that it is cauliflower they won't eat it. Tell them it is monkey brains and they can't eat enough.

Though if my kids were to say something like that I would have reminded them that in order for it to look like puke it would have been eaten first, and once that happens it looks very different than before they eat it.

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
racer_x Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #28824
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7663 Times on 4605 Posts
Likes Given: 9576

Quote:
I didn't expect you would- you are too sensible to think I was serious. remember, I have boys. If you tell them that it is cauliflower they won't eat it. Tell them it is monkey brains and they can't eat enough.

Though if my kids were to say something like that I would have reminded them that in order for it to look like puke it would have been eaten first, and once that happens it looks very different than before they eat it.
Well, I stopped at the farm stand on my way home, bought a bunch of pukey tomatoes and am currently eating two of them. YUM.

I told my oldest son (who liked dinosaurs at the time) that broccoli was trees and since he wanted to be a dinosaur, he could be a tree eating dinosaur. It worked.........for a little while, anyway.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #28825

Quote:
Well, I stopped at the farm stand on my way home, bought a bunch of pukey tomatoes and am currently eating two of them. YUM.

I told my oldest son (who liked dinosaurs at the time) that broccoli was trees and since he wanted to be a dinosaur, he could be a tree eating dinosaur. It worked.........for a little while, anyway.
When the boys were younger they would ask me what something unusual tasted like and I would tell them it was simply awful, and I was just eating it so they wouldn't have to. Usually they would love it.

Quote:
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #28826
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
When the boys were younger they would ask me what something unusual tasted like and I would tell them it was simply awful, and I was just eating it so they wouldn't have to. Usually they would love it.
my father's method was that we had to try something before we could say we didn't like it! many times, we did like it!

Old 09-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #28827

Liked 1200 Times on 858 Posts
Likes Given: 612

So I pulled a Trip and bug bombed the house this morning , mainly to make myself feel better . I get home from Miracle League and go to take a big ol doo doo , mid drop I look over and see what looks very much like one of the kids toy snake except is was not a toy snake , it was a big old black snake .
Now for those of you who may not know what its like to be taking a doodoo in a small bathroom with a large snake present , its not fun .
So I slowly reach over and grab the metal shoe horn / back scratcher and knocked his head a good time or two , did not kill him but dazed him enough to pick him up and chunk him out fo the window where he later met his fate from a BT .45lc

Sure wish I had Mountainmans feather stick in my bathroom today

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #28828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my father's method was that we had to try something before we could say we didn't like it! many times, we did like it!
My mom used to do that. She stopped after I puked up my entire dinner onto the table one night after "trying" some squash. That's the same reason I don't use that tactic with my kids.

Quote:

Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #28829
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
My mom used to do that. She stopped after I puked up my entire dinner onto the table one night after "trying" some squash. That's the same reason I don't use that tactic with my kids.
we were only required to taste something to see if we like it. many times we usually wanted a bigger helping! i'll never forget the first time i ate goat meat. i still to this day like goat meat. i just had some goat meat tamales at work yesterday morning. they were frigggin awesome tasting!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #28830

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Just got done having lunch with Trip and Cinder at Applebee's. Had a good time.