Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2882
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #28811
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 547 Times on 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
The dog puked in Mrs primers slippers, lmao. She was so pizzed, but the slippers were worn out anyway. I had to go outside to get away from her to laugh.
Awww the cat was just showing her some love

Old 09-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #28812

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There may be no registered owner. Of it was bought used, it was probably just a cash exchange. Previous owner probably wouldn't have kept the info.

I say finder's keepers. No insurance claim, no report, it doesn't exist in my book.

Besides, it sounds like it's a cop who's keeping it, so it's not his problem.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #28813

Liked 547 Times on 370 Posts

Maybe it had a rider and he is missing Mia.
Family might need closure I'm just saying

Old 09-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #28814
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Well ladies and gents.... I am gonna have to take a little break from this site after this weekend. Gonna be MIA for about 4 weeks because of flight school. Gotta study. I might pop in on weekends for just a little bit. Play nice folks
Work hard, learn lots!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 09-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #28815
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3185 Times on 1834 Posts
Likes Given: 2059

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
A .22 magnum?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
10 Guage!

Old 09-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #28816
I used to play keyboards, but now...

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
The dog puked in Mrs primers slippers, lmao. She was so pizzed, but the slippers were worn out anyway. I had to go outside to get away from her to laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
Awww the cat was just showing her some love
Cat = hairball = easy to clean up

Dog = big splat = hopeless

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #28817

Liked 1225 Times on 876 Posts
Likes Given: 622

For the last time , there is no registration , its just like a gun , call in the number all you want and the owner wont come back ''not yet anyways'' sure you can go real deep and find the dealer that sold it and so on , but we buy sell and trade these things like crazy . The ignition was off with no key and no damage so someone took the key out which tells me no one washed away with it .
Yes a state trooper currently has it at his house where it was found .
The city cops are checking to see if one matching it was stolen but the owners did not have the vin # to give .
Not the first time a atv has gotten away and washed down river around here .
Lost mine once but I chased it down and have almost lost it for good on many outings in the rivers .

Bottom line if no report was filed and or the owners did not have the vin number to give to the insurance company or the cops then its fair game .
No records are really kept for these things as 95% of them when sold , more so used sale , then its a cash transaction and a handshake , MAYBE a bill of sale .
City guy told my bud if nothing comes back then its his and will be listed as lost and found . Same thing with boats found adrift or abandoned but more paper work since they are registered . If owner can not be contacted then after a certain time it becomes the finders .

EVEN IF they lost it in the water , reporting it would land them in a ch!t load of trouble , riding atvs in waterways around here will get your ass locked up fast , I WONT EVEN DO IT ..... anymore and thats saying something , even if they did not get in trouble you would HAVE to find it and be responsible for the fuel / oil spill and pay big $$$$ so its best not to even report it .

If a boat sinks here , if its not insured or worth a lot , just write it off and keep your mouth shut . The Army Corps of Engineers run most of the water ways around here and them boys are not nice and its best to avoid them at all cost , id rather tangle with the IRS than ACOE .

Here is a vid of it first starting , of starting fluid of course , wont do anything else to it till we get the ok but least we know its worth fixing now .

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NdKBPsjBWB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKBPsjBWB4

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 09-20-2013 at 06:25 PM.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #28818
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b
Have you tried finding the registered owner
Have a little compassion, man. Where is the rider?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-21-2013, 02:45 AM   #28819
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11547

Sorry Mobile, it may just be a West Coast thing. We have to transfer title and register even off-road vehicles, especially if we want to ride them anywhere but on private land. Every time I have purchased an ORV I do the title transfer with the seller there in the DMV to make sure its not stolen or "found". I really don't want to get burned like a buddy of mine did once. He picked up an old BSA barn find from some little old lady. He did a top-notch strip-it-down-completely restoration on it and brought it down to the DMV to register it. It was confiscated as stolen. That's why it was hidden inside the old barn.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #28820
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7816 Times on 4691 Posts
Likes Given: 9843

Conversation with my granddaughter..........

Me: On the way home, do you want to go to the farm stand and I'll get you a watermelon or some tomatoes.

Her: I don't like tomatoes.

Me: You used to eat tomatoes. Why don't you like them now.

Her: Well, one time I was eating one and I thought the inside looked like puke so I don't eat them anymore.

People Like This