Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2872
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #28711
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3374 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I've been on and off a cane since 22. So far, 2 years without it.

One good little misstep, and I'll be hunting one down. I gave my favorite to a middle aged man suffering from MS.
I've had one since i'm 24 but ignored it a few years,..but my my mid 30's I was using one 100% of the time.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #28712

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Oh I'm gonna end up with major knee surgery one day I'm sure. I've been very very careful these last couple years to take it easy, but I know, all its gonna take is maybe bumping the corner of my desk at work and stumbling, and I'm going to be up **** creek without a paddle.

I need to just do like I used to and get a few to stash around in different places, particularly the trunk of my car. I'm never very far from my car.

I really don't want knee surgery. My sister just went through it, and I'm beginning to think she's never going to make a full recovery.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #28713
I used to play keyboards, but now ...

Liked 2610 Times on 1584 Posts
Likes Given: 2686

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
Winds, try to find an actual arborist to check it out before deciding what to do. If you can.
A lot of tree companies are just cut and chip outfits. They don't care about saving the tree. They just want to do a quick and dirty job to collect a check.
Good luck.
Good advice there. I got an arborist to come out and trim a big silver maple in my back yard. I expected it to take him days. He was done in less than 1 day and very reasonable price.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #28714
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8152 Times on 4876 Posts
Likes Given: 10523

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
Winds, try to find an actual arborist to check it out before deciding what to do. If you can.
A lot of tree companies are just cut and chip outfits. They don't care about saving the tree. They just want to do a quick and dirty job to collect a check.
Good luck.
I called two companies to come and give me estimates. I don't know if they ever showed up. I had to get some sleep and asked them to call me with the estimate. I never got a call so I hope they call tomorrow. One place I called was sending out a certified arborist. This Maple tree I have is well used by several critters and I'd like to keep it standing if I can. Also, it provides a lot of shade for my house in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Good advice there. I got an arborist to come out and trim a big silver maple in my back yard. I expected it to take him days. He was done in less than 1 day and very reasonable price.
I am hoping for a reasonable price. I just paid a few hundred to get my car fixed. I didn't expect another big expense so soon. I'm fretting.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #28715

Liked 1259 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 627

Dang , nothing worse than leaving court over a ticket and getting another one .
Least it was a warning ticket , though I was roasted , he had me 80+ in a 55 .

One of my trooper buds found this floating in the river behind his house
Has not come back stolen yet but the Detectives are looking into it , if nothing comes back then its his . Its a honda rancher so it will live if I can get to it soon

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #28716
Supporting Member

Liked 242 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Oh I'm gonna end up with major knee surgery one day I'm sure. I've been very very careful these last couple years to take it easy, but I know, all its gonna take is maybe bumping the corner of my desk at work and stumbling, and I'm going to be up **** creek without a paddle.

I need to just do like I used to and get a few to stash around in different places, particularly the trunk of my car. I'm never very far from my car.

I really don't want knee surgery. My sister just went through it, and I'm beginning to think she's never going to make a full recovery.
Been there, done that. it sucked!
knee-3-27-13.jpg  
Old 09-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #28717
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9029 Times on 5246 Posts
Likes Given: 11921

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Dang , nothing worse than leaving court over a ticket and getting another one .
Least it was a warning ticket , though I was roasted , he had me 80+ in a 55 .

One of my trooper buds found this floating in the river behind his house
Has not come back stolen yet but the Detectives are looking into it , if nothing comes back then its his . Its a honda rancher so it will live if I can get to it soon

Wait. Is there any question if its stolen? WTF dude?! Have the trooper run the VIN and find the owner. I bet that it was stolen and they didn't report it because they probably haven't discovered the theft yet or something like that.

My neighbor just found out their motorcycle was stolen out of their garage. It has been several months since they opened the garage so they don't know when it was stolen.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #28718

Coming soon from Trip and Sue's redneck shade tree gunsmithing...

Stipling.

Oooooohhh I'm getting brave....
Y'all wish us luck. I think I'm going to let him handle the MSH since I have two spares, while I handle the front strap.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #28719

Liked 1259 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 627

Thats why the detectives are on it now looking to see if any reports exist . NOW it could have floated away from high water since many homes sit close to the river but it has been in the water for at least a few months , ignition is intact as well .
Could also be an insurance claim , who knows , that part of the river is the head waters , only 3 miles from where found from the dam

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #28720

Yo, I need friends like this!!!!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83538620/