Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #28691
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Who works graveyard shift/nights? Do you like it? I HATE it but i kno that there are good benefits=school and being home everyday.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #28692

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHands View Post
Who works graveyard shift/nights? Do you like it? I HATE it but i kno that there are good benefits=school and being home everyday.
I prefer graveyard, but I'm a solo parent and my son is a little too young to handle everything on his own.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #28693
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6111 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6916

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHands View Post
I work night shift and I love it. I worked it before I had kids then worked days while he kids were growing up. I was able to go back to midnights a few years ago. There's less work, calmer atmosphere, better communication, less management, the phones are quiet. I get paid $5.00 more an hour than if I worked day shift. I live alone so I can sleep whenever I want/need to. And I could sleep through a train running through my room so the sounds of lawnmowers, my neighbor building a deck, etc. don't bother me. I love night shift. The day shift BS and drama drive me NUTS!!!

Plus, midnight employees are hard to find and you are considered a valuable commodity if you like nights. At least in my field of work.

So, yeah, I work the graveyard shift and I love it.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #28694
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6111 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6916

So I come home from work today to half my Maple tree in back down across my driveway. Thank God my car wasn't in the driveway. It would have gotten smashed.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #28695
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5618 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
No work missed she just took the call from Gma tell her that he was throwing up a bit but he does that sometimes , he eats then plays real hard and will puke SOMETIMES .
Issue is , one of the partners who is like a 40% holder of the firm is dads girlfriends daughter and also the one who owns the quarry and a very close family friend . She also has a baby girl but WILL NOT talk to the main lady about her own kid , thats how bad the boss lady hates kids . She could not have kids so now she is bitter and has 2 little dogs that she brings into the office everyday where they ch!t and piss everywhere and she is also a bad alcoholic including drinking at work but she is such a biotch that no one will step up to her in fear of loosing their job .
The family friend '' lawyer lady '' also has her sister and mom working at the firm and they have quit multiple times over that lady .
Heck the day before the boss called the wife into the officce to tell her how impressed she was with her work there .
So thats why we wont make a fuss , afraid too many others could loose their job too in retaliation .
Any other place ?........ oh yea it would be on then .
Wife has never even been late or had any issues between the kids and work
This makes me wonder, is this lawyer pulling this to measure your wife's "backbone"? I mean, we are talking about a female lawyer doing something that is OBVIOUSLY not legal or ethical. That sounds like a mental/guts challenge to me. I mean, is an attorney not going to know about employment discrimination issues, especially a female attorney?

The missus should meet her privately (audio record on celly) and call her on that BS. She doesn't have to demand her job back, just call an attorney on the carpet for a legal error.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #28696

Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

I just say the hell with it . God cant open another door for you unless he closes one first is the way I see it . Wife did not much like that job and I am a bit happy she lost it so now I dont have to pay out of my rectum for day care .

BUT , I have a cricket in my shop , a happy cricket . I just put a mini 12ga round into a pile of junk where I THINK he is hiding ...... all is silent , think '' awesome , got his arse .......... chirp chirp chirp chirp

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #28697

Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Here is what my Monday morning at work looked like

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.
People Like This 
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #28698

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I work night shift and I love it. I worked it before I had kids then worked days while he kids were growing up. I was able to go back to midnights a few years ago. There's less work, calmer atmosphere, better communication, less management, the phones are quiet. I get paid $5.00 more an hour than if I worked day shift. I live alone so I can sleep whenever I want/need to. And I could sleep through a train running through my room so the sounds of lawnmowers, my neighbor building a deck, etc. don't bother me. I love night shift. The day shift BS and drama drive me NUTS!!!

Plus, midnight employees are hard to find and you are considered a valuable commodity if you like nights. At least in my field of work.

So, yeah, I work the graveyard shift and I love it.
Lucky, we get paid the same as all other shifts, thats prob why i hate nocs lol!!! But got a good point! I just hate feeling tired all the freakin time!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #28699

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
So I come home from work today to half my Maple tree in back down across my driveway. Thank God my car wasn't in the driveway. It would have gotten smashed.
Omg! Wth happened to the tree!?

Old 09-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #28700

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Here is what my Monday morning at work looked like
Awesome! I work in a mental institution. So my job in the morning is a little hectic.