Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2865
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #28641
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2888 Times on 1754 Posts
Likes Given: 2866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
So, I'm at school today and I smell something burning, figuring someone is just using the cutting torch I don't worry about it. Get out from under my truck, look around and there is a huge cloud if white smoke coming out from under the hood of one of the other trucks. Apparently they lit the starter on fire...
Probably required the combined intellect of the male brain trust at your school!!!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 03:08 AM   #28642
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
There is no curve. And if there were, I'd just ruin it anyway. I think that makes some of them a little angry.
And that's what we love about you Cinder!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #28643
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
[knocking on wood] 42 years and counting without having been called for jury duty.

Of course, for ten or fifteen years, few people knew my actual address. My mail went to the office (in another state), my utilities were not in my name, my neighbors knew only my first name, my cars were tagged at non-current addresses (most of that time), and my friends who did know where I lived and my last name knew better than to share that information. It was liberating. Had the Secret Service agents been looking for me, rather than my roommate, they would have never tracked me down (stupid roomie and his loud-mouthed but well-intentioned buddies). I have wondered how many errant letters calling me for jury duty may have ended up at some former or fictitious address.

Nowadays, i'm easier to find but better armed and prepared.
Never got called till I was 55 years old. Been called 3 years in a row now. Just to give you an idea, I told the court clerk I'd volunteer for jury duty every year. It's a week off work. Work vs. jury duty? Jury duty! That'll tell ya something right there.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #28644
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
I solo-ed an airplane this mornin y'all. Oh, and they can still use the plane so it's a good day.
Outstanding! Mine was at 15 in 1975, and I had almost 3 years of "practice" before that...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #28645
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4230 Times on 2343 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Probably required the combined intellect of the male brain trust at your school!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
And that's what we love about you Cinder!
Actually. Someone was being a real dick the other day and my instructor said, "you know, they're just jealous because you're better ay this than most of them and they can't handle that, and they're sh!t heads" made me smile.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #28646
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22251 Times on 12465 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Actually. Someone was being a real dick the other day and my instructor said, "you know, they're just jealous because you're better ay this than most of them and they can't handle that, and they're sh!t heads" made me smile.
Cinder, any man who acts petty about being outdone in a field that for many years was dominated by men, is not a man, but a spoiled child. they feel threatened about their manhood. i don't. i have been at it for almost thirty years now, and if you are better than i am, then i applaude and respect your abilities. but never do i feel threatened. i am very secure in my manhood!

here's a question, would they be jealous or angry if you were a man andwere performing at the same level a you are? probably not! don't sweat it and let them act like the children they are. many of us here are proud of what you are doing and have lots of respect for you. give 'em hell Cinder!
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #28647

Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

So Cinder, guess I'm late to the party, what are in school for? Diesel mech? Welding? Any specialty?

Old 09-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #28648
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
We've been telling you that for quite a while now, but it is more gratifying coming from the instructor! Keep on keepin on, Cinder!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #28649

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yeah, she just don't listen to me.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #28650

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

You go to a very interesting school. The worse thing that ever happened at mine was a lady halfway passed out in the hall and EMS was called (diabetic?)
Heh. In high school, to teach us about the effects of mixture... we filled one balloon with NO, one with acetylene, and one with a mix of the two... yeah we set off car alarms with they last one