Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2852
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #28511
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I agree. I find it interesting that some people who rant and rave about how ****ty thieves are are glorifying and romanticizing the pirate way of life??
Well Winds I wasn't trying to say they were doing the right thing, I despise a thief as much or more than anyone. I was simply comparing the feeling of freedom they must have felt out roaming the seas as compared to the overly law burdened and tight strictured lives we live now. Seems like there's a rule or a law for everything anymore. It gets to the point of being ridiculous, so in a way I envy the freedom they must have felt. Or like Axxe said, a mountain man, trapper, pioneer or anyone that had that sense of true freedom.
People Like This 
Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #28512

Liked 1316 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 650

As you all know , I dont care much for them either BUT on a larger scale , a heist pulled off with great sophistication like in the oceans movies and some real life jobs , I think is cool , not the theft but how they do it . ...... If that makes sense ?

The beatings will continue until moral improves
Hoist the colors we give no quarter
And in the words of the great '' CAPTAIN '' Jack Sparrow .... I wash my hands of this madness

Also I have the new Riddick Movie , aint watched it yet but will here shortly

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #28513

Liked 1316 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 650

Wow , um , I was riding on this ....... at great speeds ........ thought it felt a bit loose here and there . Bad thing is , no burn outs , it had tread saturday morning, drove alot on sat , went to the bank yesterday , walked back out and saw nice shiny steel belt lookin at me

I either rode harder than I thought Sat or the back wheel is not straight

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #28514
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Wow , um , I was riding on this ....... at great speeds ........ thought it felt a bit loose here and there . Bad thing is , no burn outs , it had tread saturday morning, drove alot on sat , went to the bank yesterday , walked back out and saw nice shiny steel belt lookin at me

Judging by the wear pattern I'd say It's wobbling.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #28515

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Never Judge someone one until you have walked a mile in their shoes, that way your a mile away and have their shoes.
People Like This 
Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #28516

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by M605 View Post
Never Judge someone one until you have walked a mile in their shoes, that way your a mile away and have their shoes.

Touche. Makes it harder for them to chase you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #28517

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post

NICE.

Sorry for the delay in response. Size Large, DOT German Helmet, Carbon Fiber look.
dot.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 09-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #28518
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11415

My oldest son works for an insurance company. He does claims for automobiles so he drives around to various body shops and impounds to evaluate the damage on the automobiles. He has looked at many cars in which there were fatalities but he has a new experience coming up tomorrow morning.

There was a murder/suicide in the town a few miles away. A man shot his girlfriend then drove off and shot himself in his car. Unfortunately, my son has to go look at the car and access it for damages. The car is in police impound and my son has been warned there are brains in the car and since it's been sitting in the heat for a couple days, it smells really, really bad. My son is dreading this specific case. If the VIN isn't easily photographed through the car window, he's going to have to open the car and reach in. But because it is a police case, he is not allowed to touch anything. The officer who will be present will have to open the door for him. Apparently the bullet went through the victims head because the back window is broken out.

http://www.mystateline.com/fulltext-news/dekalb-police-investigate-apparent-murder-suicide/d/fulltext-news/TuGy6-WBlE-vCp7_rfjtcQ

Old 09-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #28519
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
My oldest son works for an insurance company. He does claims for automobiles so he drives around to various body shops and impounds to evaluate the damage on the automobiles. He has looked at many cars in which there were fatalities but he has a new experience coming up tomorrow morning.

There was a murder/suicide in the town a few miles away. A man shot his girlfriend then drove off and shot himself in his car. Unfortunately, my son has to go look at the car and access it for damages. The car is in police impound and my son has been warned there are brains in the car and since it's been sitting in the heat for a couple days, it smells really, really bad. My son is dreading this specific case. If the VIN isn't easily photographed through the car window, he's going to have to open the car and reach in. But because it is a police case, he is not allowed to touch anything. The officer who will be present will have to open the door for him. Apparently the bullet went through the victims head because the back window is broken out.

http://www.mystateline.com/fulltext-news/dekalb-police-investigate-apparent-murder-suicide/d/fulltext-news/TuGy6-WBlE-vCp7_rfjtcQ
Nothing like the smell of bodyparts that've been enclosed in a hot unventilated area for a few days. At least he doesn't have to go pick up pieces of the dead guy and put them in little baggies.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #28520
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10549 Times on 4555 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

Winds- fairly easy claim. Not that it is not emotionally.....challenging. If the interior is contaminated with human body fluids and tissues, it is a total. Bio-hazard contamination. All interior fabrics- carpet, seats, headliner, etc would have to be removed, disposed of as Haz Waste, and the interior disinfected.

Bottom line- cost of that will exceed worth of most vehicles- and do not think health regs will even permit reselling of the salvage.