Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2839
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #28381
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8901 Times on 5324 Posts
Likes Given: 11900

Yesterday I dropped my car off at the shop to be fixed. Let me preface this story by admitting I was going on very little sleep. I was just about to fall asleep when my son texted me and said, "I'll meet you at the car repair shop in an hour and I'll drive you home." Okay, I get up and start preparing to get my car to the shop. I write a note to the car guys and I put it in an envelope. I take my key off my key chain and go out to my car to get somethings out of the trunk. I slam the trunk shut and............I can't find the car key anywhere. I go back in the house and look around. It's not on the kitchen counter, it's not on my computer desk. I go through my pockets several times. I begin to conclude that since it was a lone key, I might have dropped it in the trunk while I was digging around in there. I start to panic. I text my son and tell him I have a dilemma and I may be running late. I call the police and ask if they can send a man over to open my car for me. (Mind you, I'm a Police Commissioner in my town and know most of the guys pretty well.) While I'm waiting for the officer to arrive, I keep digging through my pockets, etc. As I put my key chain on the hood of the car, I realize........."Oh, wait!!! They KEY CHAIN............with the remote to the car on it!!!" I am totally embarrassed. The officer pulls up and I tell him, "Hey, guess what?" I ask him if anything I tell him is confidential and he says it depends on what it is. I sheepishly hold up my key chain with the remote on it. He laughs at me hysterically. He then gets a "real call" and takes off. So, I go to my car again, standing behind it and just as I'm about to press the remote to open the trunk, I see my key sitting in the lock to the trunk. At least the officer didn't REALLY see how stupid I was yesterday.

Yeah, I have my moments of complete stupidity. It was really kind of funny, though.
People Like This 
Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #28382
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yesterday I dropped my car off at the shop to be fixed. Let me preface this story by admitting I was going on very little sleep. I was just about to fall asleep when my son texted me and said, "I'll meet you at the car repair shop in an hour and I'll drive you home." Okay, I get up and start preparing to get my car to the shop. I write a note to the car guys and I put it in an envelope. I take my key off my key chain and go out to my car to get somethings out of the trunk. I slam the trunk shut and............I can't find the car key anywhere. I go back in the house and look around. It's not on the kitchen counter, it's not on my computer desk. I go through my pockets several times. I begin to conclude that since it was a lone key, I might have dropped it in the trunk while I was digging around in there. I start to panic. I text my son and tell him I have a dilemma and I may be running late. I call the police and ask if they can send a man over to open my car for me. (Mind you, I'm a Police Commissioner in my town and know most of the guys pretty well.) While I'm waiting for the officer to arrive, I keep digging through my pockets, etc. As I put my key chain on the hood of the car, I realize........."Oh, wait!!! They KEY CHAIN............with the remote to the car on it!!!" I am totally embarrassed. The officer pulls up and I tell him, "Hey, guess what?" I ask him if anything I tell him is confidential and he says it depends on what it is. I sheepishly hold up my key chain with the remote on it. He laughs at me hysterically. He then gets a "real call" and takes off. So, I go to my car again, standing behind it and just as I'm about to press the remote to open the trunk, I see my key sitting in the lock to the trunk. At least the officer didn't REALLY see how stupid I was yesterday.

Yeah, I have my moments of complete stupidity. It was really kind of funny, though.
Sleep deprivation makes us do amazing things!
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 09-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #28383
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

anybody that saysthey have never done something similiar to that, would probably be lying! it happens! i too have done some very stupid things like this too in the past.

i did one similiar at work a while back. as i was the last one that left at night, i was the one that locked up and set the alarm. well, as i walked up to the truck to unlock it, i didn't have my key with the remote in my pocket. the truck is locked with my shop keys in the truck, and my truck keys in the shop. and my cell phone was also locked in the truck. so i had to walk about a mile to a store that was open 24 hours to use their phone to call my wife to bring me the spare door key to my truck that was at the house. so about 45 minutes later she gets there, with just about every key that was on the keyholder at the house, because she didn't know which one fit my truck. get the right key, get the shop key, unlock the shop to get my remote that was used to start the truck. relock and reset the alarm and then i can start my truck! it had been one of those days that started at about 9am and ended about 3am the next day. i was tired and not thinking clearly either! it happens to the best of us at times!
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #28384
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8901 Times on 5324 Posts
Likes Given: 11900

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Sleep deprivation makes us do amazing things!
Or stupid things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
anybody that saysthey have never done something similiar to that, would probably be lying! it happens! i too have done some very stupid things like this too in the past.

i did one similiar at work a while back. as i was the last one that left at night, i was the one that locked up and set the alarm. well, as i walked up to the truck to unlock it, i didn't have my key with the remote in my pocket. the truck is locked with my shop keys in the truck, and my truck keys in the shop. and my cell phone was also locked in the truck. so i had to walk about a mile to a store that was open 24 hours to use their phone to call my wife to bring me the spare door key to my truck that was at the house. so about 45 minutes later she gets there, with just about every key that was on the keyholder at the house, because she didn't know which one fit my truck. get the right key, get the shop key, unlock the shop to get my remote that was used to start the truck. relock and reset the alarm and then i can start my truck! it had been one of those days that started at about 9am and ended about 3am the next day. i was tired and not thinking clearly either! it happens to the best of us at times!
At least you legitimately didn't have access to your truck. I had access to opening my car the whole time, I just didn't realize it. Duh!!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #28385

Quote:
Or stupid things.

At least you legitimately didn't have access to your truck. I had access to opening my car the whole time, I just didn't realize it. Duh!!
true, but if i had been thinking straight, i would never have left my truck remote in the shop in the first place!

Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #28386

Liked 4568 Times on 2540 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:

I've searched frantically for my keys before only to realize they were in my hand or pocket the entire time....

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
People Like This 
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #28387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I've searched frantically for my keys before only to realize they were in my hand or pocket the entire time....
guilty as well!

Old 09-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #28388
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I locked my keys in my brand new Super Duty just a few days after I got it. It was in the Home Depot parking lot. I had to have my wife drive all the way down with the spare key, about a 20 minute drive. That was in 2000. Haven't done a stupid think since then!

Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #28389

Liked 196 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I've done that before. My favorite thing like that was years ago when my mom was driving and pulling up the house and says "where's my car?!?"

"uhhhh you're driving it".

Old 09-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #28390
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I locked my keys in my brand new Super Duty just a few days after I got it. It was in the Home Depot parking lot. I had to have my wife drive all the way down with the spare key, about a 20 minute drive. That was in 2000. Haven't done a stupid think since then!
I picked up a mattress once in their loading bay at the store, just in front of their regular shipment truck...only to find that I had locked my door with the truck running...blocking their bay!
Took 40 minutes for Pop a Lock to get there and get me in
Nothing so stupid...and public since!
People Like This