Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #28361
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Why'd ya do that?
Hosting a black powder shoot in traditional clothing. Mocs are the polite way of going barefoot.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #28362

Liked 684 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
You must taste or smell like a freaking bug or something!
Kinda what I was thinking. Like mosquitos - my wife will get bit 10 times to my one. Must be her body chemistry.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #28363

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Hosting a black powder shoot in traditional clothing. Mocs are the polite way of going barefoot.
The mountain men of old obviously had tougher feet than us moderns.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #28364

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Headed to knobb creek in the am.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #28365

Knob Creek is pretty good bourbon.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #28366
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post

The mountain men of old obviously had tougher feet than us moderns.
Absolutely. Modern dollars does you no favors.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #28367

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr
Knob Creek is pretty good bourbon.
Decent for a Jim beam product. Try blantons or 4 roses single barrel. Good stuff.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #28368

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post

Kinda what I was thinking. Like mosquitos - my wife will get bit 10 times to my one. Must be her body chemistry.
Mosquitos don't eff with me unless I'm in a new location. Like a few weeks ago when I went camping in Arkansas? Tore my butt up. But in West Monroe, they sound like little mini helicopters when they fly by, but they'll never land on me.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #28369
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Decent for a Jim beam product. Try blantons or 4 roses single barrel. Good stuff.
Instead of the 4 roses single barrel, try their Small Batch, I think it's a little better.

Real dogs drool!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:21 AM   #28370

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

So I'm at my sister's house while my house is stewing in sweet, lethal chemicals for the night. She's not feeling well either, so I've been helping her out with some housework, and sent her to bed early.

And go figure... The new dog sees a TV for the first time. Now, those that don't know, my sister got the golden advice from our grandfather: The one who works with his head will usually make more than the one who works with his back.

She works with her head. Put herself through school by working at a worm farm, sign making shop, car hopping at Sonic, and doing some mechanic work on the side (she had such a crappy car, she learned how out of necessity). Now she's a self employed CPA and makes good money.

I on the other hand, worked with my back. Construction and a tire/lube tech until old enough to join the service. Been working with my back ever since I got out. Went to college, but didn't finish because something came up.

I don't even own a TV. Don't want one, can't afford one, wouldn't get one if I could.

So this dog's first introduction to a TV, is my sister's big ass plasma TV. At 2200, while she's asleep and sick. Guess how he reacts? By barking his ass off at the people in the wall....