Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2835
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #28341
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I'm with trip.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #28342

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Don't judge my killing a spider if you've ever swatted a fly, house fly, mosquito, roach, or any other bug. They all serve a purpose.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #28343

Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Don't judge my killing a spider if you've ever swatted a fly, house fly, mosquito, roach, or any other bug. They all serve a purpose.
Yea, but the spiders purpose is to kill all them other bugs
Old 09-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #28344

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell_Sackett View Post
Yea, but the spiders purpose is to kill all them other bugs
Yeah, well, to kill all the roaches, I need more than just the one. I would need many. And I would consider my house completely uninhabitable if it were infested with spiders the size of my effing hand.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #28345
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 832 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

I was bitten by something - maybe a Brown Recluse - when i was a kid, and it left a hole the size of a pencil eraser in my leg. I've also been bitten in the same leg by a copperhead. Neither makes me freak out when I see one or get close, but we have lots of scorpions here, and those DO get me worked up. Never been stung by one, but they are nasty looking little demons.

Lots of tarantulas around Oklahoma also, but they don't ever mess with me, and I return the favor.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #28346

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

I don't mind the spiders, but not a thousand of em in the garage. Bugs inside get executed.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 09-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #28347
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

The hospital I work at is offering a Fall Slim Down Challenge to employees. There are health tips, free use of the cardiac rehab gym, incentives and prizes. Several of us ladies from the lab joined. I joined and will be weighed on Wednesdays, the rest of the lab women joined on Friday. I'm not at work every Friday. I'm all pumped about this. One of the women signed up grudgingly. So, Friday we were all working. The lab was pretty quiet except for the running instruments. Out of the clear blue, from the back of the lab, I hear the disgruntled dieter whine in a fairly quiet voice, "I'm gonna starve." I thought it was hysterical.

We had a pot luck last week. The disgruntled dieter said, "We won't have another put luck for a while." I told her halfway through the two month Slim Down Challenge we can have a pot luck and we can test and show off our cooking skills by making healthy dishes rather than the delicious, fat laden dishes we usually make. It perked her up a little. LOL Her signature dish is a slap yo Mama delicious pan of chicken enchiladas. WOW are they good. She was in Weight Watchers for a while and has a WW cookbook. She started thinking of the recipes in that cookbook and cheered up a bit.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #28348
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Bitten by a brown recluse as a kid, almost lost a finger.

Bitten by a black widow as a teen, got sick real bad.

Bitten by another brown recluse as an adult, had a quarter sized hole rotted into my hip.

Have been bitten on the face by a wolf spider that jumped on me from a wall.

Had one (wolf spider) run up my naked leg and hide behind my nut sack before I could stop him while taking a **** one day. No bite. But I pummeled my balls with my fist while trying to kill him.

Had an uncle die from a black widow bite on the ass while crapping in an outhouse. Not right away. A miserable slow death that took 3 days.

I've found them in my clothes. I've been bitten on the body when they've gotten into my shirts. I've found them in my boots. I've had them crawling around under my junk inside my drawers.

Went to Iraq where these "camel spiders" (solpugids, ten legs, NOT even arachnid family, but still has too many legs). These would tear a chunk from sleeping Marines, and then crawl away to EAT it. Marines and soldiers have woken up to large pieces of flesh missing from their faces. The camel spider secretes an anesthetizing agent which makes this possible.

No. **** spiders. If they're in a web and away from me, I'm not going out of my way to kill it. I've even relocated the common brown "woods spider" as I call them (I actually did that the night before this incident). And I do tolerate those huge yellow and black garden spiders. But if it is as canny and witty as this bastard that was trying to BAIT ME into getting near it, I'll kill it from a distance. And he jumped on the dog's face man. That's aggression after the said baiting.
Holy crap man! It's like you are the spider bin Laden! I haven't been bitten that many times by spiders and I handle them all the time! I did get bitten by a necrotic spider (relative to the Brown Recluse) on my thigh several years ago. Lost a patch of skin about the size of my hand. Other than that never really been bitten that I can remember. I will kill some spiders, typically if the cause a nuisance. But never outdoors where they belong.

Maybe the sense the Arachnakillya is strong in you.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #28349
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 832 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
The hospital I work at is offering a Fall Slim Down Challenge to employees. There are health tips, free use of the cardiac rehab gym, incentives and prizes. Several of us ladies from the lab joined. I joined and will be weighed on Wednesdays, the rest of the lab women joined on Friday. I'm not at work every Friday. I'm all pumped about this. One of the women signed up grudgingly. So, Friday we were all working. The lab was pretty quiet except for the running instruments. Out of the clear blue, from the back of the lab, I hear the disgruntled dieter whine in a fairly quiet voice, "I'm gonna starve." I thought it was hysterical.

We had a pot luck last week. The disgruntled dieter said, "We won't have another put luck for a while." I told her halfway through the two month Slim Down Challenge we can have a pot luck and we can test and show off our cooking skills by making healthy dishes rather than the delicious, fat laden dishes we usually make. It perked her up a little. LOL Her signature dish is a slap yo Mama delicious pan of chicken enchiladas. WOW are they good. She was in Weight Watchers for a while and has a WW cookbook. She started thinking of the recipes in that cookbook and cheered up a bit.
That's great, WOC. Much better in a group setting than trying it alone.
There are a lot delicious meals that can be made heart healthy and weight friendly. I've been experimenting on stuff. Btw, whole okra pods are fantastic grilled with other veggies. Still have had no success with making a good low cal fudge brownie...

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #28350
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

We did one at my last teaching job. Lost 8 pounds in two months but that was before SB & docs meds(like 2008 or 2009)...
Because of that I at least maintained health eating habits, which led to better success this last time around when I went back to SB(South Beach diet). We can still go and eat out every so often,..but we order "better" these days...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...