Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #28331
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 603 Times on 304 Posts

You may want to check out neem.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #28332

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
You may want to check out neem.
Already bought and ordered this other stuff. Cypro wp I believe.

I'll check out neem when I get back to the office, just in case this stuff don't work.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #28333

Liked 860 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 482

Flash fire or explosion works best but with ....... a bit more negative side effects. Depending on the collateral damage risk , I may do it anyway .
We have a epic house fly problem , but its in the yard , they just hang out on the grass and and , throw a piece of wet cardboard out there and its like honey to them , thinkking the starch in the material is what they like ? But I am seriously considering flashing over the whole yard , it can be done with little to no fire damage if done just right .
There is no trash or funk or anything else that I can think of that keeps them there , its terrible .

Oh well off to to some Miracle League this morning , got registration and free play today .

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #28334
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1448 Times on 883 Posts
Likes Given: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

If the product has a residual effect (kills over time) and kills eggs and larvae, you can apply it for as long as the residual effect is listed for without necessarily having to reapply it. The commercial products usually last longer than they are listed for.
True. If it has residual effects.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 09-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #28335
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1306 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 1800

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 09-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #28336
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7401 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 9513

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

After some investigating, decided the spider I shot the other night is probably a huntsman spider. Size, tactics and food source point to it. They look like wolf spiders, eat big ass roaches, and are supposedly much more cunning and quite a bit larger than the average wolf spider. They average...about the size of the palm of the hand...the same size as the one I shot. I'd never seen a wolf spider bigger than a couple inches across before.
Dude! You effing moron! You killed one of the GOOD GUYS!!! I keep tellin y'all that spiders and snakes are good to have, but then y'all go on hatin' on them and killin' 'em because they are "scary".

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 09-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #28337

Screw that bro, a spider is a spider. And this one jumped on the dog's face, then my leg, and was baiting me by pretending to be injured.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #28338
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7401 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 9513

Quote:
Screw that bro, a spider is a spider. And this one jumped on the dog's face, then my leg, and was baiting me by pretending to be injured.
So, how is that spider any different than you were when you were humpin' a pack through the sandbox as a Marine? I bet you were scary as Hell on PMS as a young Jarhead and scared the fukk out of those poor natives. Doesn't mean that you were necessarily a bad guy (well, at least not to most of 'em).

I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way (I very much appreciate your service, and have great respect for those who serve), I am just trying to put the spiders into perspective.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #28339
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6155 Times on 3731 Posts
Likes Given: 7029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Dude! You effing moron! You killed one of the GOOD GUYS!!! I keep tellin y'all that spiders and snakes are good to have, but then y'all go on hatin' on them and killin' 'em because they are "scary".
I agree. I'm not afraid of snakes or spiders. In fact, I've had tarantulas as pets for many years. I don't have one currently, though.

Quote:
Spiders rarely, if ever, hunt something they know is too big and they can't "take". I doubt it was baiting you.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #28340

Bitten by a brown recluse as a kid, almost lost a finger.

Bitten by a black widow as a teen, got sick real bad.

Bitten by another brown recluse as an adult, had a quarter sized hole rotted into my hip.

Have been bitten on the face by a wolf spider that jumped on me from a wall.

Had one (wolf spider) run up my naked leg and hide behind my nut sack before I could stop him while taking a **** one day. No bite. But I pummeled my balls with my fist while trying to kill him.

Had an uncle die from a black widow bite on the ass while crapping in an outhouse. Not right away. A miserable slow death that took 3 days.

I've found them in my clothes. I've been bitten on the body when they've gotten into my shirts. I've found them in my boots. I've had them crawling around under my junk inside my drawers.

Went to Iraq where these "camel spiders" (solpugids, ten legs, NOT even arachnid family, but still has too many legs). These would tear a chunk from sleeping Marines, and then crawl away to EAT it. Marines and soldiers have woken up to large pieces of flesh missing from their faces. The camel spider secretes an anesthetizing agent which makes this possible.

No. **** spiders. If they're in a web and away from me, I'm not going out of my way to kill it. I've even relocated the common brown "woods spider" as I call them (I actually did that the night before this incident). And I do tolerate those huge yellow and black garden spiders. But if it is as canny and witty as this bastard that was trying to BAIT ME into getting near it, I'll kill it from a distance. And he jumped on the dog's face man. That's aggression after the said baiting.