Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2818
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #28171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I say leave the man alone and let him do what he sees fit to protect his property.

A lot of people have been very judgmental against him. I don't like this. None of us know his exact situation. What I do know is this: he's taken prior, and more responsible, steps to curb this thieving that's been going on. And even with added patrols to his area, it's not working.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to just laying up in the tree line with a rifle, which is EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD DO. But he won't do that. He's trying to catch the thieves red handed so the police can actually file charges, and he's letting them handle it from there.

Last edited by trip286; 09-03-2013 at 01:37 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #28172
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I say leave the man alone and let him do what he sees fit to protect his property.

A lot of people have been very judgmental against him. I don't like this. None of us know his exact situation. What I do know is this: he's taken prior, and more responsible, steps to curb this thieving that's been going on. And even with added patrols to his area, it's not working.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to just laying up in the tree line with a rifle, which is EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD DO. But he won't do that. He's trying to catch the thieves red handed so the police can actually file charges, and he's letting them handle it from there.
I agree with you Trip. I'd be doing the same thing he's doing myself. The police can't monitor someone's property the way an individual can. There's too many other responsibilities going on for a cop to sit on private property 24/7 trying to solve a simple theft. And good thieves move in and out faster than the call response times in their areas. So when you get hit like he's getting hit, either you protect your property or no one does. Anybody who doesn't get that is pretty ignorant of the way things actually work. I hope he's staying safe.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #28173
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7009 Times on 4216 Posts
Likes Given: 8437

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I agree with you Trip. I'd be doing the same thing he's doing myself. The police can't monitor someone's property the way an individual can. There's too many other responsibilities going on for a cop to sit on private property 24/7 trying to solve a simple theft. And good thieves move in and out faster than the call response times in their areas. So when you get hit like he's getting hit, either you protect your property or no one does. Anybody who doesn't get that is pretty ignorant of the way things actually work. I hope he's staying safe.
Believe me. I'm not judging him and I understand he's upset he's tired of the break ins. I'm just not sure his tactics are legal and I don't know why he doesn't wire his place for video. I'm just afraid he may have 'gone over the line' protecting his business and the police might not have liked how he's going about it and put a stop to him. I'm also afraid he may have shot someone or gotten shot himself and is now in some deep trouble. I know when emotions run high, we sometimes do things we shouldn't do. I just hope to heck he's not in some legal trouble.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #28174

Liked 1046 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

Im here , Im here .

Quote:
Don't wanna think about that! Why would you even... ? Eeewww!
It puts the lotion on its skin !

No I camped out and watched the leos keep driving by for all the domestic calls.
I tried to trip them up by hitting some brake lights when they drove by seeing if they would check it out but no , actually hit them with high beams one time and still nothing .

Holding a BG at GP here is considered assault by pointing a gun which the right cop would charge you with as well but its your word against the BG word .
Another boat shop just got hit and they cut all of his cameras and security along with his gates , NONE of his security worked ...... Why spend the $$$$ on it then spend more to fix it after they tear it up before it got them ?

Come to think of it , I did not even see one junker or suspicious car drive by and it stormed last night so I knew much would not be going on then .

But no , I am not in jail , I may push the line but I am already dealing with one charge and getting it to go bye bye .
Did have some good bait thought , truck with tail gate down full of batteries and converters , stereo ect , parked where you could see it from the road .

BUt I have noticed that when the S.O is out and about doing calls in this area not alot of traffic comes by , I did see a drug deal go down across the street but no one seems to care about it

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #28175

My ideal of a perfect security system would land me life in prison , trip wires and things that go boom or incinerate or some of the nice toys out of the SAW movies

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

People Like This 
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #28176
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8099 Times on 4677 Posts
Likes Given: 10454

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Im here , Im here .

No I camped out and watched the leos keep driving by for all the domestic calls.
I tried to trip them up by hitting some brake lights when they drove by seeing if they would check it out but no , actually hit them with high beams one time and still nothing .

Holding a BG at GP here is considered assault by pointing a gun which the right cop would charge you with as well but its your word against the BG word .
Another boat shop just got hit and they cut all of his cameras and security along with his gates , NONE of his security worked ...... Why spend the $$$$ on it then spend more to fix it after they tear it up before it got them ?

Come to think of it , I did not even see one junker or suspicious car drive by and it stormed last night so I knew much would not be going on then .

But no , I am not in jail , I may push the line but I am already dealing with one charge and getting it to go bye bye .
Did have some good bait thought , truck with tail gate down full of batteries and converters , stereo ect , parked where you could see it from the road .

BUt I have noticed that when the S.O is out and about doing calls in this area not alot of traffic comes by , I did see a drug deal go down across the street but no one seems to care about it
All of the camera systems I have installed or worked on are hard-wired into the building, the hard drive storage and viewing equipment is locked up tight so the BGs cannot get to it and the wiring is as inaccessible as it can be made (you can put it inside conduit inside the building if necessary). It is literally impossible for a BG to strip a well-installed system, with the possible exception of the cameras themselves as they have to be exposed to be effective, but they are covered by other cameras in a well-designed system so tampering with them will be recorded on your hard drive. All of this is viewable over the internet (and can be recorded on your computer at home as well!), often from your smart phone and with some systems you can zoom in and move them remotely. The SO can even view it if you give them access to it.

Expensive? Oh yeah it is. But just based on what you have posted here that I have read you have already lost a lot more than a system would have cost in the first place, probably several times over. Certainly so if you consider the time you have invested sitting in your hidey-hole without results.

I, too, worry about your legal and physical safety MM. Don't do anything stupid.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #28177
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Im here , Im here .

Y'all must have some different laws up there. Down here LEOs are happy to take them to jail if you cartch them in the act and don't care if you had to hold them at gunpoint till they got there. It's happened multiple times at multiple business and residents.

But you are right it's always better to err on the side of caution where the law is concerned these days.

Also worth noting: My Dad and I have gotten a call from his security monitoring company, gotten dressed, responded to his business alarm system from both of our homes, cleared his entire 10,000 square foot commercial building, which includes office spaces, went to the gas station and grabbed a soft drink and a bite to eat, and finished both before the local SO finally responded to a security alarm with door alarms and motion detectors going off.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #28178

I cant fuss about their response time too much , usually under 3-4 min depending on what time it is and what kind of call .

I would never want to shoot let alone kill someone , they may get away on foot but their ride is mine one way or another , I dont care to get into a chase , dont want to kill them or someone else b/c I will put them in a tree or ditch .

I just feel things are going to get worse since our gov is cutting unemployement and feel we are heading to drug testing for welfare and the state fair coming up

Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #28179
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6743 Times on 3684 Posts
Likes Given: 13300

Get some guard dogs.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #28180
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://www.kcra.com/news/child-fires-officers-handgun-while-in-holster-lodi-cop-hurt/-/11797728/21746828/-/trlq0a/-/index.html?hpt=ju_bn6

An argument for retention holsters or corporal punishment?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.