Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2800
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #27991
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Screw the doc. Vikings right, no one knows your kids better than you. NO doctor can make any kind of diagnoses on a behavioral problem in a single visit, much less a single test.

See if your insurance will cover regular therapy sessions. That may be a good place to start.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #27992
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7107 Times on 4278 Posts
Likes Given: 8625

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Screw the doc. Vikings right, no one knows your kids better than you. NO doctor can make any kind of diagnoses on a behavioral problem in a single visit, much less a single test.

See if your insurance will cover regular therapy sessions. That may be a good place to start.
Good idea.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #27993
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I just spent over an hour making a resume. I FINALLY get it done, and the supposedly free website I was doing it on wants to charge me $4 just to download it. ****!

I'm not paying the bastards.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #27994
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I just spent over an hour making a resume. I FINALLY get it done, and the supposedly free website I was doing it on wants to charge me $4 just to download it. ****!

I'm not paying the bastards.
I hate that sh!t and more and more places are doing it with everything. Download this free game, pay to play. Free parking, Gotta pay to leave. It's ridiculous. Can't trust a damn thing anymore.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #27995

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post

I hate that sh!t and more and more places are doing it with everything. Download this free game, pay to play. Free parking, Gotta pay to leave. It's ridiculous. Can't trust a damn thing anymore.
Well this one's pretty straightforward...
forumrunner_20130826_134130.jpg  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #27996
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Well this one's pretty straightforward...
Lol........

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #27997

Liked 1084 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Maybe its just me but when I test something I take into account the variables , controls , environment ect ect and leave room for error .
Today was , oh he wont talk , he has a problem .
DID not care if he was sick , shy , scared , pissed off , they just assume he is in a neutral state perfect for testing .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #27998

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Maybe its just me but when I test something I take into account the variables , controls , environment ect ect and leave room for error .
Today was , oh he wont talk , he has a problem .
DID not care if he was sick , shy , scared , pissed off , they just assume he is in a neutral state perfect for testing .
Maybe if she showed up at the house with a happy meal, hee might open up. Until then, she can't say anything.

My son was in therapy after his mom and I split. It of course was called off while he was at his mom's for the summer, so I need to get him back into it.

His therapist told me up front that it was going to take several seasons before she'd even be able to form an opinion.

Her opinion was basically that his mom doesn't even need joint custody. Of course, the court didn't listen to that.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #27999
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
went back tot he dr this morning and I am now quite convinced they are full of chit and hence why our kids and country is in the shape its in now .
Lil man rode with me in the F350 this morning talking his head off , pretty girl rode with mom . Get back into the room and they shut up when the DR gets in , they are shy , nothing more nothing less .
So she starts this B/S test asking him simple things like his name and colors ect ect and he knows them and gets them right but he just would not talk to her so of course he failed on a epic level so she then starts pushing all of these gov programs b/c he is not on the NORMAL level ...... WTF EVER LADY !
He is shy , we can go through a JP CYCLES catalog and he will bust off almost every part I ask him about .

DR: Welllllll , most 3yo are talking pretty good at this age and can draw simple shapes .
me : He has a crayon and a peice of paper , what do you expect him to draw ?

I am almost done with this horse crap , I feel ok with his skills just not his temper , effing DR's are too effing quick to label something

I did get them a trampoline yesterday , I need to sew a few loops back on for the springs but they love it , its a real one too , no spring pads or cage , this SOB will hurt ya , old school knock the wind out of you version

TRIP , your son and mine would be perfect playing . Mine likes me to do the monster when I stomp my feet and roar at them while I am hiding somewhere , UNFORTUNATELY they like to do it while I am taking a shower and will turn the lights out then run away ....... not cool
MM, my suggestion would be to find a new doctor. that doctor sounds like a pill pusher who has no desire to find the root of your son's problems. she sounds like and idiot and i would have gotten up and walked out right then. a good doctor listens to the child and the parents and wnats to find out the root of the problem and treat the problem, not the symptoms of the problem.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #28000
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8278 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Mobile,
Here are a couple of resources that we have used with great success. The first one http://www.success-in-mind.org/services-overview.asp#learningassessments is a clinic located near you in Raleigh. It was quite expensive for us to do as we had to fly my wife and our son out there to go there, in addition to the costs for the evaluation itself. They spent the whole day getting comfortable and making them at home. They only schedule one patient a day though. It was incredibly helpful for us. Evan may be on the young side for it, but there would be no harm in looking into the clinic to see if they have something geared for pre-school kids.

The other one was also a Godsend, http://pavevision.org/ . We were able to find a local doctor who specializes in Behavioral Optometry and we were incredibly satisfied with the results. Read through the entire description of behavioral optometry before you make any decisions though.

If you would like me to be more specific about my personal experience with these two resources please PM me and I would be happy to discuss it- I can call you or you can call me.

You also must be prepared for the worst too. There is a possibility that there is something more serious going on, but the thing to remember is that once you have an accurate diagnosis (not the shotgun crap that you have experienced already) there are ways to treat it, often with great success.

I know what you are going through.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This