Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2799
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 04:56 AM   #27981
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I got tired of my Dad's teaching moments and just quit listening...
Yeah, see, that's what I mean by saying Trip gave the right amount of attention to it. Sue listened and immediately put the lesson to practice by checking his pellet rifle.

Of course as kids become teens this window gets smaller and smaller and sometimes, with some kids, it just closes up entirely.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #27982
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

daddy opens windows with a belt if it's necessary....

But, we've both discovered that sometimes the best lesson is the one learned the hard way.

Example: we went to the McDonald's with the play area today. Now, Sue is a bit socially challenged. He does display some signs of asperger's. When he gets on a playground, he often assumes that every other kid wants to play exactly the same game he wants to play. Which is often "tag"... but as zombies, aliens, or monsters. This leads to him jumping into another kid's personal space, and roaring at the top of his lungs that he's a monster and he's going to eat them. Many kids run away in terror, which only excites him, and I have to step in and explain to him that the other kids don't want to play that way. It usually breaks his heart.

At McDonald's... he ran into another kid who does the same thing... while he was quietly roaming through the tunnels by himself. And it scared the ever loving ****ing **** out of him.

Problem solved, at least for now.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #27983

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Today I went to Walmart and look at Ammo went to an IL over and found 30 boxes of 270 not in the animal case Does this not defeat the purpose of having a half empty case to put Ammo in

image-2424236348.jpg  

Old 08-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #27984
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 814 Times on 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akms47nagont
Today I went to Walmart and look at Ammo went to an IL over and found 30 boxes of 270 not in the animal case Does this not defeat the purpose of having a half empty case to put Ammo in
I thnk yur spel chekr brok

Old 08-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #27985

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post

I think he only misspelled one word...
Well, auto corrected one weird.
And yes ak, it's quite a fail. But it m it's in clearance so something is already wrong :-P

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 08-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #27986
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1060 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 464

......gonna miss that Armpistol!........

....sigh......

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #27987

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Spanish for explorer is exploradora. Hence the annoying little Spanish kid who can't remember her own name without asking for help.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #27988

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop

That AutoCorrect and I was super tired

Old 08-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #27989

Liked 1224 Times on 876 Posts
Likes Given: 622

went back tot he dr this morning and I am now quite convinced they are full of chit and hence why our kids and country is in the shape its in now .
Lil man rode with me in the F350 this morning talking his head off , pretty girl rode with mom . Get back into the room and they shut up when the DR gets in , they are shy , nothing more nothing less .
So she starts this B/S test asking him simple things like his name and colors ect ect and he knows them and gets them right but he just would not talk to her so of course he failed on a epic level so she then starts pushing all of these gov programs b/c he is not on the NORMAL level ...... WTF EVER LADY !
He is shy , we can go through a JP CYCLES catalog and he will bust off almost every part I ask him about .

DR: Welllllll , most 3yo are talking pretty good at this age and can draw simple shapes .
me : He has a crayon and a peice of paper , what do you expect him to draw ?

I am almost done with this horse crap , I feel ok with his skills just not his temper , effing DR's are too effing quick to label something

I did get them a trampoline yesterday , I need to sew a few loops back on for the springs but they love it , its a real one too , no spring pads or cage , this SOB will hurt ya , old school knock the wind out of you version

TRIP , your son and mine would be perfect playing . Mine likes me to do the monster when I stomp my feet and roar at them while I am hiding somewhere , UNFORTUNATELY they like to do it while I am taking a shower and will turn the lights out then run away ....... not cool

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 08-26-2013 at 05:13 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #27990
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11544

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
went back tot he dr this morning and I am now quite convinced they are full of chit and hence why our kids and country is in the shape its in now .
Lil man rode with me in the F350 this morning talking his head off , pretty girl rode with mom . Get back into the room and they shut up when the DR gets in , they are shy , nothing more nothing less .
So she starts this B/S test asking him simple things like his name and colors ect ect and he knows them and gets them right but he just would not talk to her so of course he failed on a epic level so she then starts pushing all of these gov programs b/c he is not on the NORMAL level ...... WTF EVER LADY !
He is shy , we can go through a JP CYCLES catalog and he will bust off almost every part I ask him about .

DR: Welllllll , most 3yo are talking pretty good at this age and can draw simple shapes .
me : He has a crayon and a peice of paper , what do you expect him to draw ?

I am almost done with this horse crap , I feel ok with his skills just not his temper , effing DR's are too effing quick to label something

I did get them a trampoline yesterday , I need to sew a few loops back on for the springs but they love it , its a real one too , no spring pads or cage , this SOB will hurt ya , old school knock the wind out of you version

TRIP , your son and mine would be perfect playing . Mine likes me to do the monster when I stomp my feet and roar at them while I am hiding somewhere , UNFORTUNATELY they like to do it while I am taking a shower and will turn the lights out then run away ....... not cool
You are spot on Mobile. You know your kid better than any doctor does. If they don't listen to you when you tell them he is shy and all then go to a different doctor. That is one of the main reasons why so many kids are misdiagnosed and incorrectly medicated these days. Shotgun diagnosis.

Maybe you could take notes of the testing the doctor ran Evan through and then do it at home with a video camera? Maybe have somebody that Evan is familiar with and trusts run the test so it isn't daddy doing it. The doctor would undoubtedly claim that you didn't do it correctly though. But it would show that he is not anti-social, just shy.

If that doesn't work then tell the doctor "Well, Evan doesn't like child molesters, so that could be why he isn't responding well to you."

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This