Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2798
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #27971
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It's a "little sioux" with a 15 pound draw. Metal tipped fiber glass arrows.

The tips have been flattened from careless marksmanship and he didn't have it exactly drawn. Just was snatching on it.

It had just enough power to launch it maybe 10 feet if I hadn't been there to stop it with my back.
Ouch! ..........

Old 08-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #27972
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Back to Evan , he does have allergies but I have been burning the morning smoke while on the throne in the house and we just changed the air filter so that may help but he is on 2 meds for allergies right now .

Wife went shopping this morning and he THOUGHT she had bought that candy he had in the cart but he threw a chit fit when they got home and he could not find it , but right in the midst of his fit I was leaving for work when he came up for his hug and kiss then went right back to bitching .
He is only 15% of where he should be for his age and weight but he is nothing but a muscle , very very strong , he can pick up his sister who is bigger than him and out climb a monkey on cocaine BUT he WILL NOT EAT . All he wants is junk food , I will get him a hardees or carl jr '' depending on where you live'' butter biscuit in the morning but he does not like to eat regular food and most time he will just go hungry if he cant have junk food .
I kid you not , he can be on the floor and with you standing , he will climb up and hang off your head .
I think he would be in heaven if he could climb a mountain , eat starburst and throw rocks off the top of the mountain into a pond .
That sounds very much like my nephew. Scary like him. The scariest part? Everything in the junk food group has corn in it. Freaking everything. Those fast food companies put corn sugar in freaking everything because it is addictive- and poisonous.

Allergy drugs? Stay the hell away from them. The only way to effectively treat allergies is to eliminate the things one is allergic to and then inoculate for those things. Over time, with this approach, a person might become acclimated to the things they are allergic to. But that does not equate a "cure".
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #27973
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8502 Times on 5082 Posts
Likes Given: 11121

Quote:
It's a "little sioux" with a 15 pound draw. Metal tipped fiber glass arrows.

The tips have been flattened from careless marksmanship and he didn't have it exactly drawn. Just was snatching on it.

It had just enough power to launch it maybe 10 feet if I hadn't been there to stop it with my back.
Tell him he can't play with the bow and arrow in the house.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #27974
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 511

Wife and daughter competing for the best 'for sale' sign to put in the barrel of my Armpistol to show at the gun show tomorrow!......

Want a birdshead grip .45.....

Anyone going to Amon Carter tomorrow?

Old 08-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #27975

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

He was actually just trying to unnock the arrow to put it away. It has quite a tight notch on the end of the arrow.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #27976

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Spoilsport....
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #27977

Quote:
He was actually just trying to unnock the arrow to put it away. It has quite a tight notch on the end of the arrow.
Major teaching moment there.

How many of the basic (gun) safety rules were broken in that one accident? Don't punish Sue for it (I hope you didn't), but teach him with it.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #27978

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Major teaching moment there.

How many of the basic (gun) safety rules were broken in that one accident?
Every last one of them. Loaded. Muzzle awareness. (Notionally) finger on the trigger.

I'm glad it wasn't his pellet rifle. But he's way more aware with it (right after this incident, he took his pellet rifle into his bedroom, and I watched him pull the tiny little bolt back to make sure it was empty).

I think it's more because he has had the same attitude toward the bow as I do. "It's just a toy". And it's impossible to have a negligent discharge with it. Well, now we better.

Only my son... could have an ND with a toy bow, sting a man's back and make him drop his coffee. Priceless.

Nah, I didn't get on him too bad. It was along the lines of, "DAMN!! What the hell was that!?!" And then a stern discussion that if it'd been anything more dangerous I could've been killed instead of just s stung.

He's a real emotional kid, and the thought that he could've killed daddy with that kind of carelessness and a different "weapon" really made an impact.
People Like This 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #27979

Quote:
Every last one of them. Loaded. Muzzle awareness. (Notionally) finger on the trigger.

I'm glad it wasn't his pellet rifle. But he's way more aware with it (right after this incident, he took his pellet rifle into his bedroom, and I watched him pull the tiny little bolt back to make sure it was empty).

I think it's more because he has had the same attitude toward the bow as I do. "It's just a toy". And it's impossible to have a negligent discharge with it. Well, now we better.

Only my son... could have an ND with a toy bow, sting a man's back and make him drop his coffee. Priceless.

Nah, I didn't get on him too bad. It was along the lines of, "DAMN!! What the hell was that!?!" And then a stern discussion that if it'd been anything more dangerous I could've been killed instead of just s stung.

He's a real emotional kid, and the thought that he could've killed daddy with that kind of carelessness and a different "weapon" really made an impact.
A child's life is full of teaching moments every day, the difficult part of parenting is not letting them go to waste while at the same time not being overbearing about it. Great job trip! His going in to check his pellet rifle shows you used exactly the right amount of attention to the issue.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #27980
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4183 Times on 2319 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

A child's life is full of teaching moments every day, the difficult part of parenting is not letting them go to waste while at the same time not being overbearing about it. Great job trip! His going in to check his pellet rifle shows you used exactly the right amount of attention to the issue.
I got tired of my Dad's teaching moments and just quit listening...

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Mongo Likes This