Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2797
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #27961
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Lmfao........
SEE! Double negative there, as she has some kind of bra on too enhance the pit hair.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #27962
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
she has some kind of bra on too enhance the pit hair.
Good eyes. I didn't catch that. Lol

Old 08-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #27963
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
That Ice race looked fun as hell Viking , lots of pissed off rod bearings though .

OK , little bit of a family issue going on that I have kept off the records for a while now . THEE only thing known to man kind that is 2 times faster than the speed of light is ..... my sons temper , that lil bastard is TOUGH .
Mind you , they are twins , 2 months premature , a bit small but other wise perfectly fine .
Daughter is ok , my son ........ goes from happiest kid in the world to satans worst enemy instantaneously , if he is not holding something he can throw , he will find something , if he cant he will bite himself , bite something , or hit something , spank his ass or put him in time out and you just made it 10x worse.
Only thing I can do to help is to pin his little ass down in a full body lock down and get right in his face .
He went for testing yesterday and he has ADHD and of course temper issues .
They recomened a state case worker which I nipped right then and there , no one from the gov is or will ever get involved with my kids or family , NEVER.
Now the place of course , was liberal as hell but now he goes back to the DR for med on the adhd and I guess go from there .

Now , I use to have a terrible temper , not so much any more but I was slow to get to it , My wife was very very quick to temper and put the 2 together and its not good .
Both are the sweetest kids and HE never really acts up at school or Gma's but at home or around us he is hell .
I just dont understand it .
What sets him off is when we tell him to do or not to do something or deny him something .
Nothing but pinning him down seems to work

Any one else with kids that have tempers ?
I would seriously look into food sensitivities and allergies (the two are not the same!). Many kids who are misdiagnosed with ADD, ADHD, EIEIO actually have food issues. My nephew is one, he is allergic to processed corn products, though he can eat fresh or canned corn (as long as there is no added processed corn sugar). Once we figured this out he was cured completely. The difficult thing it to find any food product in your regular grocery store that does not have corn products in it. That stuff is in freaking everything we eat these days that comes in a package.

A person can have sensitivities to gluten (large amounts are found in wheat products and other grains), but not have celiac disease. One can have a sensitivity to sulfer which can be found in cruciferous vegetables. Sensitivity to lactose can cause it too.

Strangely, when a person has a sensitivity to a particular food they will often have insatiable cravings for those foods. This was the case with my nephew. he would get into a screaming, crying, red-faced tantrum for hours trying to get to a Coke (corn sugar is the main ingredient) or other soda. Their bodies are so intensely tuned into the stuff that they can detect it almost without seeing it. A buddy of mine is allergic to peanuts and he can tell if a food has any peanut stuff in it from a few feet away.

Anyhow, find a doctor that specializes in allergies and food sensitivities and have him checked out. If they don't find anything go to another one.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #27964

Liked 2821 Times on 1833 Posts

Cicadas sing their way to the sunset on yellowing corn.

School is back in session as the nights give a taste of coolness.

Echoes of the laughter at the county fair still fresh.

When the forest burns along the road.
Like god's eyes in my headlights.
And when dogs are looking for their bones.
And its raining icepicks on your steel shore.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #27965
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 293 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Wine holders are good for more than just wine!
image-3741330835.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 08-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #27966

Liked 1316 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 650

HOLY ***** look what my local GS just got in , ammo shortage over with baby
12500 rounds of lake city 223 for 6,000.00

Back to Evan , he does have allergies but I have been burning the morning smoke while on the throne in the house and we just changed the air filter so that may help but he is on 2 meds for allergies right now .

Wife went shopping this morning and he THOUGHT she had bought that candy he had in the cart but he threw a chit fit when they got home and he could not find it , but right in the midst of his fit I was leaving for work when he came up for his hug and kiss then went right back to bitching .
He is only 15% of where he should be for his age and weight but he is nothing but a muscle , very very strong , he can pick up his sister who is bigger than him and out climb a monkey on cocaine BUT he WILL NOT EAT . All he wants is junk food , I will get him a hardees or carl jr '' depending on where you live'' butter biscuit in the morning but he does not like to eat regular food and most time he will just go hungry if he cant have junk food .
I kid you not , he can be on the floor and with you standing , he will climb up and hang off your head .
I think he would be in heaven if he could climb a mountain , eat starburst and throw rocks off the top of the mountain into a pond .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #27967

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

That sounds a little like aspbergers.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #27968

Damn little squirt in my profile pic just went nature boy on my ass and shot me in the back with his toy bow while I'm sitting at the table drinking coffee.

Holy **** that smarts.

He had an arrow nocked and was trying to get it off. He got frustrated and started snatching at it. Lost control and that damn arrow came across the kitchen, tagged me right beneath my left shoulder blade, making me drop my coffee in my lap.

Holy ****. Raising kids is hazardous to your health. It didn't puncture the skin, but it damn sure felt like it did.
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #27969
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Damn little squirt in my profile pic just went nature boy on my ass and shot me in the back with his toy bow while I'm sitting at the table drinking coffee.

Holy **** that smarts.

He had an arrow nocked and was trying to get it off. He got frustrated and started snatching at it. Lost control and that damn arrow came across the kitchen, tagged me right beneath my left shoulder blade, making me drop my coffee in my lap.

Holy ****. Raising kids is hazardous to your health. It didn't puncture the skin, but it damn sure felt like it did.
What kind of bow and arrow is it? Most toy ones that I've seen are tipped with foam or a suction cup.

You'll also have to take him hunting, sounds like it was a lung shot (or close to it).

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-24-2013 at 09:20 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #27970

It's a "little sioux" with a 15 pound draw. Metal tipped fiber glass arrows.

The tips have been flattened from careless marksmanship and he didn't have it exactly drawn. Just was snatching on it.

It had just enough power to launch it maybe 10 feet if I hadn't been there to stop it with my back.
People Like This