Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2796
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #27951
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Lol. I'm laughing. I'm a member of "Dads demand action for gun rights in America". They go after these moms pretty hardcore.

http://yankeegunner.com/?p=271

Old 08-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #27952

Liked 1330 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 660

That Ice race looked fun as hell Viking , lots of pissed off rod bearings though .

OK , little bit of a family issue going on that I have kept off the records for a while now . THEE only thing known to man kind that is 2 times faster than the speed of light is ..... my sons temper , that lil bastard is TOUGH .
Mind you , they are twins , 2 months premature , a bit small but other wise perfectly fine .
Daughter is ok , my son ........ goes from happiest kid in the world to satans worst enemy instantaneously , if he is not holding something he can throw , he will find something , if he cant he will bite himself , bite something , or hit something , spank his ass or put him in time out and you just made it 10x worse.
Only thing I can do to help is to pin his little ass down in a full body lock down and get right in his face .
He went for testing yesterday and he has ADHD and of course temper issues .
They recomened a state case worker which I nipped right then and there , no one from the gov is or will ever get involved with my kids or family , NEVER.
Now the place of course , was liberal as hell but now he goes back to the DR for med on the adhd and I guess go from there .

Now , I use to have a terrible temper , not so much any more but I was slow to get to it , My wife was very very quick to temper and put the 2 together and its not good .
Both are the sweetest kids and HE never really acts up at school or Gma's but at home or around us he is hell .
I just dont understand it .
What sets him off is when we tell him to do or not to do something or deny him something .
Nothing but pinning him down seems to work

Any one else with kids that have tempers ?

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #27953

Mine did. He has since gotten over it for the most part. But there's been major freaking changes in the last year and a half too.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #27954
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3383 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
That Ice race looked fun as hell Viking , lots of pissed off rod bearings though .

OK , little bit of a family issue going on that I have kept off the records for a while now . THEE only thing known to man kind that is 2 times faster than the speed of light is ..... my sons temper , that lil bastard is TOUGH .
Mind you , they are twins , 2 months premature , a bit small but other wise perfectly fine .
Daughter is ok , my son ........ goes from happiest kid in the world to satans worst enemy instantaneously , if he is not holding something he can throw , he will find something , if he cant he will bite himself , bite something , or hit something , spank his ass or put him in time out and you just made it 10x worse.
Only thing I can do to help is to pin his little ass down in a full body lock down and get right in his face .
They recomened a state case worker which I nipped right then and there , no one from the gov is or will ever get involved with my kids or family , NEVER.
Now the place of course , was liberal as hell but now he goes back to the DR for med on the adhd and I guess go from there .

Now , I use to have a terrible temper , not so much any more but I was slow to get to it , My wife was very very quick to temper and put the 2 together and its not good .
Both are the sweetest kids and HE never really acts up at school or Gma's but at home or around us he is hell .
What sets him off is when we tell him to do or not to do something or deny him something .

Marine: if you want to PM me, I was a Special Ed. HS Teacher and Asst. Dean. I specialized in "Crisis Management" if you think that would help you & your son...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 08-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #27955
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11667

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post

I think pinning him down might be a good idea but I would do it calmly and not yell at him. Just hold him until he stops having a fit then let him back up. I'm no expert but I was a one on one aid in a preschool special ed program and the teacher was BRILLIANT with the kids. I learned so much about child development from her. There was one child who had anger management issues. She would sit on the floor cross legged, sit him in her lap and wrap her arms around him until he calmed down. Chest compression (ie hugs) have a very calming effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hug_machine

Also Google "Temple Grandin". She is autistic yet very functional and BRILLIANT.

http://templegrandin.com/

She also loves animals and is consulted by many farms and slaughter houses to design chutes and corrals that offer calming effect on animals. I'm telling you, she is a bright, shining star in this world. I greatly admire her.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #27956

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Mines on meds to, my son. Most of my family has it. My gramps used to call it the run away brain it never stops. Mines not very angry though he has his times but I can get just as angry he dosnt go there with me around. The meds do help some, calms him enough to sit in a chair all day and make it through class.

Good luck with this an relize they may have to up his meds or change them before its right for him. It may get pretty nutz before it gets better.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #27957
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/helmet-cam-captures-motorcyclists-collision-black-bear-143240848.html?vp=1

And this is when you slide better with the fancy motorcycle jacket and gloves. I hope the guy heals up and goes back to kill that sombitch bear.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #27958

Oh wow, who'da thunk it? Hugs are good for kids?

Mine's not a very affectionate kid, but he never is after spending time with his mom.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #27959
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Hugs always weirded me out; people smelled funny. I had a bunch of hippy friends for a while and had to get over the anti-hug thing; something is just off when a cute hippy chick hugs you and you are tickled by the pit hair. Bra-lessness does NOT make up for pit hair on a chick.
People Like This 
Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #27960
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2921 Times on 1720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hugs always weirded me out; people smelled funny. I had a bunch of hippy friends for a while and had to get over the anti-hug thing; something is just off when a cute hippy chick hugs you and you are tickled by the pit hair. Bra-lessness does NOT make up for pit hair on a chick.
Lmfao........
sarah-silverman-hairy-armpits-sarah-silverman-17284552-465-700.jpg  
People Like This