Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #27901
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Being from florida, I don't get to enjoy White Castle but a few times a year while visiting the in laws.... It was amazing

Name:  image-2313599543.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  31.0 KB

Old 08-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #27902

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35 View Post
Being from florida, I don't get to enjoy White Castle but a few times a year while visiting the in laws.... It was amazing
It's very similar to Krystal's.

I discovered while in Utah, Cinder had never heard of a Hardee's. Then I figured out why! Carl's junior, or some such. Same restaurant, damn near the same logo, different name.

Logos and areas...

Name:  carls-jr_hardees_logo.gif
Views: 83
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130821_205046.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  26.7 KB
Old 08-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #27903
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 550 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It's very similar to Krystal's.

I discovered while in Utah, Cinder had never heard of a Hardee's. Then I figured out why! Carl's junior, or some such. Same restaurant, damn near the same logo, different name.

Logos and areas...

Attachment 115110

Attachment 115111
When Carl's Jr bought the Hardees chain, they wanted to rebrand all the Hardees to Carl's. But because Hardee's was a big Nascar sponsor in the Deep South, there was enough negative customer feedback and bad PR over that idea that they left the Hardee's name alone in the South.
They still added that stupid star, though...

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #27904

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post

When Carl's Jr bought the Hardees chain, they wanted to rebrand all the Hardees to Carl's. But because Hardee's was a big Nascar sponsor in the Deep South, there was enough negative customer feedback and bad PR over that idea that they left the Hardee's name alone in the South.
They still added that stupid star, though...
Aha!! Now riddle me this... did hardee's used to have a "mascot" that was a man with a crescent moon for a head? Because I vividly remember such a thing from my childhood, and found an old kids meal toy at my mom's house a while back just like that.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #27905

I remember the moon head guy came about for one of the first fast food joint that stayed open late.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #27906

Liked 318 Times on 187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Aha!! Now riddle me this... did hardee's used to have a "mascot" that was a man with a crescent moon for a head? Because I vividly remember such a thing from my childhood, and found an old kids meal toy at my mom's house a while back just like that.
He was a mascot for mc d's his name was Mac tonite

Old 08-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #27907

Thank you!! You really have no idea how much that's been bugging me.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #27908
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It was all a mix; i'm not sure if it had sassafras or sasparilla or what, but all the old timers really liked it.
It will have a tiny part of a percent of alcohol, not enough to notice.
Good enough for me. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
A & W Root Beer use to have drive-in places very much like Sonic drive-ins. trust me the quality and taste of the food was much better. the hamburgers and onions rings were much better than Sonic or Whataburger by a long shot.

i ate at the A & W restaraunt here in town last year, and was very disappointed, especially after having eaten at them many years ago. the hamburger was very dry and tasteless and the fries were soggy. i though it may have been a fluke, and one saturday when i was working with my brother we stopped for lunch at one, and again the same lack of taste or quality in the food. i'll eat elsewhere from now on when i want a good hamburger and just remember the memories of the original A & W drive-ins.
This place was actually great. The burger was THICK and juicy, and tasted pretty dang great! Like I said, the root beer was the best I've ever had. The fries were acceptable. Not great.

I think the quality sometimes depends on the individual restaurant. We have about 3 Sonics here spread out over about 10-15 miles. You can actually tell the difference between their food. The one near my house has the best food of the three.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-22-2013 at 03:09 AM.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #27909

Liked 82 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
A & W Root Beer use to have drive-in places very much like Sonic drive-ins. trust me the quality and taste of the food was much better. the hamburgers and onions rings were much better than Sonic or Whataburger by a long shot.

i ate at the A & W restaraunt here in town last year, and was very disappointed, especially after having eaten at them many years ago. the hamburger was very dry and tasteless and the fries were soggy. i though it may have been a fluke, and one saturday when i was working with my brother we stopped for lunch at one, and again the same lack of taste or quality in the food. i'll eat elsewhere from now on when i want a good hamburger and just remember the memories of the original A & W drive-ins.
Around here we have a K&N that is like that. They are just down the road from a Sonic but are 100 times better. They serve root beer in a frosty mug, my wife and son really like it,I don't like root beer.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #27910
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70 View Post

Around here we have a K&N that is like that. They are just down the road from a Sonic but are 100 times better. They serve root beer in a frosty mug, my wife and son really like it,I don't like root beer.
Where I come from K&N makes filters...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

People Like This