Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2787
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #27861
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What's really messed up, is one of the main ingredients that used to be in sunscreen TO HELP PREVENT DAMAGE FROM THE SUN!! Was linked to breast cancer a few years back.

I've decided. If you live long enough, your just gonna get cancer. No way around it. I just hope I get to go like my old buddy "Bear" and my body simply decides to quit living.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #27862

Liked 1104 Times on 800 Posts
Likes Given: 570

Dang , foreheads bleeds like crazy , just a little scratch but enough blood to look like i was scalped .

Cleaning the WHOLE SHOP trying to find 1 lil bitty 5x20mm needle bearing that if I cant find will cost me almost 100.00 to buy a whole new bearing assy . Just sweeping all the dirt and crap into one pile and hitting it with a magnet , pray to Jesus I find it

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #27863

Liked 1104 Times on 800 Posts
Likes Given: 570

Here Gello :

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #27864
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Isn't 25 over the limit considered reckless driving? Isn't that supposed to cost someone bail money?
Got a reckless driving ticket a couple of years ago, no trip to jail, and I beat it SOUNDLY in court. When I got out the courtroom door (and while the deputy stomped off toward the elevator looking embarrassed after a laughing dismissal) my attorney complimented my preparedness (written statement of the driving events in question, photographs of the location and car, copy of statute involved, and questions about how that statute could possibly be applied to the situation) and asked for my patronage should I ever slip-n-fall.

In MS the statute specifically requires something beyond excessive speed or running a stop sign or whatever the basic/original charge on the ticket was, IIRC.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 08-19-2013 at 07:32 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #27865
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 543 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
What's really messed up, is one of the main ingredients that used to be in sunscreen TO HELP PREVENT DAMAGE FROM THE SUN!! Was linked to breast cancer a few years back.

I've decided. If you live long enough, your just gonna get cancer. No way around it. I just hope I get to go like my old buddy "Bear" and my body simply decides to quit living.
What's even more messed up is the parent company that makes the chemotherapy drugs to treat cancer is the SAME company that makes some of the worst, most caustic chemicals for industrial use and everyday products. Sounds like a money making business plan to me. I think you are right Trip, if a food related illness from a lifetime of American style food doesn't kill you, then cancer will getcha.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #27866
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8321 Times on 4809 Posts
Likes Given: 10792

I got a reckless back when I was a teen. Beat it in court. I blew a tire on my car up in the hills after spending the afternoon drinking and 4 wheeling in the boonies. Broke the windshield while wheeling, but blew the tire on theway down the hill and since I didn't have a spare I just kept on driving on the rim. By the time we got into town there were a couple of deputies waiting for us, the rim was gone and we were on the brake drum. Wrote me up for unsafe vehicle and reckless driving. Come to find out that there is an old blue law in CA that allows driving on state highways with a steel tire. I also proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that I was only going 5 mph, so their contention that I was going too fast for conditions was proven wrong (never mind that we had stopped to "fix" the brakes that had blown out at the bad wheel- and to offload some of the beer we had been drinking earlier)

Dismissed!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #27867

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

What do you guys know about Salient Arms International?

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #27868
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Bummer! I managed to lose either a $5 and four $20's or a $5 and five $20's yesterday, before lunch and presumably somewhere either in the office or in between the office and the parking lot. Less booze for me.

I've looked in the parking lot, my office, the hallway, the car, etc.. I just hope it isn't lost in a rain grate or something; somebody better get some entertainment out of that damn money.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #27869
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Where in the Hell are the damned short pull trigger kits for the bodyguard???
August is almost over.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #27870
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8321 Times on 4809 Posts
Likes Given: 10792

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Bummer! I managed to lose either a $5 and four $20's or a $5 and five $20's yesterday, before lunch and presumably somewhere either in the office or in between the office and the parking lot. Less booze for me.

I've looked in the parking lot, my office, the hallway, the car, etc.. I just hope it isn't lost in a rain grate or something; somebody better get some entertainment out of that damn money.
I did that once with about $3 grand. Ended up finding it in a hidey-hole I have though.

And yes, alcohol was involved when I "lost" it.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.