Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2786
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #27851
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1077 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Got pulled over. Cop had me dead to rights doing 90 in a 55.
Ok , that right there forbids any of the rest of you giving ME hell for the way I drive .

Put some miles on the golf cart this weekend and I realized ...... I am afraid of that thing now , out of all the wrecks and mishaps I have had including golf carts , rolling that one in the culdesac has messed me up and it gets worse every time I ride it , I guess thinking back on it I realize just how hard we landed and how much worse it could have been , the whole side of that pretty red cart looks like a grinder with 10 grit sandpaper went all over it and not only is the roof and supports bent but something else is got jolly whopped , I would rather go down on the bike than to roll that stupid cart again

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #27852
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Ok , that right there forbids any of the rest of you giving ME hell for the way I drive .

Put some miles on the golf cart this weekend and I realized ...... I am afraid of that thing now , out of all the wrecks and mishaps I have had including golf carts , rolling that one in the culdesac has messed me up and it gets worse every time I ride it , I guess thinking back on it I realize just how hard we landed and how much worse it could have been , the whole side of that pretty red cart looks like a grinder with 10 grit sandpaper went all over it and not only is the roof and supports bent but something else is got jolly whopped , I would rather go down on the bike than to roll that stupid cart again
It's a golf cart, not a dune buggy. Don't hot rod it and you'll be fine.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #27853

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Note to EVERY FREAKING ONE. Don't call your public service employees and try to tell them how to do their job, and how they must've messed up if you expect us to do any damn thing for you.

Just had a guy call me, demanding I change the filters at our wells and adjust our chemical mixture because, get this, "I've had these charcoal filters for five years now, and your water has gotten so nasty that they won't stop the color anymore."

Well have you changed your filters in those five years?

"Uhhh.....I shouldn't have to, you're supposed to give us clean water!"

No, no. You're supposed to change those filters when they stop being effective. Our water meets federal and state standards. If you feel your water is unsafe, by all means, call the department of health and hospitals and have them test it. Good bye.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #27854

For reference, this is my filter set up. These filters automatically back wash 4 times a day (DHH only requires once either per week, or every other week. The manufacturer recommends "once per month, or as per regulations")

And these are obviously only the tops. If you look closely, you may barely be able to see the bottoms of one or two. I only took this angle because I didn't feel like unlocking the gate and going back inside.

forumrunner_20130819_104824.jpg

forumrunner_20130819_104651.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #27855

for more reference, this is a highly technical test performed with a very sophisticated piece of equipment. (Green font needed) It's called the "white cup test". I collected this sample less than 100 feet from that ass hole's house. Any color in the water shows up very well in a white Styrofoam cup.
forumrunner_20130819_111144.jpg  

Last edited by winds-of-change; 08-19-2013 at 05:27 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #27856
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8829 Times on 3821 Posts
Likes Given: 1365

Trip- the City of Richmond VA draws it's water from the James River. Back in 1981, they had a low water condition due to drought, and a MASSIVE algae bloom on the river. The water dept could dump enough chlorine in it to make it safe to drink- but it still had a pale green color, and tasted like the water left over from boiling brocolli.

Old saying- you never miss the water 'til the well runs dry. There were a LOT of folks that suddenly realized what they had taken for granted every time they turned a faucet, and clean, clear water came out.

As far as the guy with the 5 yr old filters- any bets on how much crud was growing in his FILTERS?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #27857

I don't even want to imagine. There only so much I can do, but if someone is running their water through such an old filter, I'm honestly surprised he ain't sick.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #27858

Quote:
for more reference, this is a highly technical test performed with a very sophisticated piece of equipment. (Green font needed) It's called the "white cup test". I collected this sample less than 100 feet from that ass hole's house. Any color in the water shows up very well in a white Styrofoam cup.
Looks clean to me. If his water has any color to it, it's probably coming from his filters.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #27859

And it seems as if someone wants to sue us every other day for giving them cancer. The most recent case involved a woman in her late eighties who moved here from Nicaragua last year. But oooohhhhhh, it HAD to be our water, and not that ditch water they drink down there that she just left behind less than a year ago. That case was tossed out quick.

Chlorine IS a carcinogen. But to get cancer from the amounts of chlorine we use, you'd already be dead from hyponutremia. Or you'd have to live for something like 350 years and drink over a gallon per day. Your choice.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #27860

Quote:
And it seems as if someone wants to sue us every other day for giving them cancer. The most recent case involved a woman in her late eighties who moved here from Nicaragua last year. But oooohhhhhh, it HAD to be our water, and not that ditch water they drink down there that she just left behind less than a year ago. That case was tossed out quick.

Chlorine IS a carcinogen. But to get cancer from the amounts of chlorine we use, you'd already be dead from hyponutremia. Or you'd have to live for something like 350 years and drink over a gallon per day. Your choice.
Tell them that exposure to the sun can cause cancer. That will REALLY screw with them.