Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #27821
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

it comes down to political correctness. that and too many people or agencies telling parents how they should or can raise their children.

id you don't discipline them, you are neglectful. if you do discipline them, you are abusive. IMO, a good butt whooping, standing them in a corner, grounding them, or taking away privelages or things, isn't abusive actions but good discipline.

old saying, spare the rod and spoil the child. too many people thes days are spoiling their children. they need to get back to the rod. many children are growing up and not knowing there are consquences for their action if they step out of line or break the rules. and how will they ever know if they are not punished when they break the rules or the parents won't allow them to be punished?
Very well put my friend. Without going into details of an ongoing court case, a woman was put out of her house due to a child abuse restraining order because She defended herself against her daughter. The daughter was not injured just pushed out the door. She is now back in the house after 3 months. The daughter has been removed and now her brother is being abusive. The woman has no recourse. All that She can do is inform dss of what She is dealing with and have someone on site 24/7 as a witness. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #27822
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7787 Times on 4498 Posts
Likes Given: 10036

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
His name is somewhat fitting. Sue has become obsessed with WWI finger planes. Particularly the fokkers. He's named the dog Baron.
A finger-Fokker?

Wondering why you didn't just name him Fokker.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #27823
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19939 Times on 11331 Posts
Likes Given: 50257

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Very well put my friend. Without going into details of an ongoing court case, a woman was put out of her house due to a child abuse restraining order because She defended herself against her daughter. The daughter was not injured just pushed out the door. She is now back in the house after 3 months. The daughter has been removed and now her brother is being abusive. The woman has no recourse. All that She can do is inform dss of what She is dealing with and have someone on site 24/7 as a witness. Absolutely ridiculous.
i went through something similiar many years ago when married to my second wife and her 16 year old daughter. my ex was in fear of her daughter because she was out of control. when we were first married, the daughter was living with her father and it was several months before she decided to move back in with us. she basiclly told me in very clear words that she would do whatever she wanted to, when she wanted and whenever she wanted to.

that didn't last very long. i got in touch with a lawyer i knew pretty well and explained the situation to him. he did the paperwork and got us a hearing with a county judge. i explained to my stepdaughter when we arrived in court what was happening. that we were having her declared as an adult. which meant we would no longer be responsble for her or her actions, but she would be. the judge and lawyer even explained the same thing to her. i also told her that when she signed the paperwork, that when we arrived back home, all her stuff wuldbe put outside and that she would have to find someplace else to live as he was no longer welcomein our home, nor were we taking care of her any longer that she would have to provide for her own lodging, food and clothing however she had to. it wasn't our concern nor problem. she tried to tell us that we couldn't just kick her out. the judge got real stern and very serious, and explained to her that yes we could very well do so legally and that as an adult, defying us now could lead to her being arrested and charged with trespassing, assault, destruction of private property and many other charges as she would no be an adult and not a minor anymore! her eyes got as big as saucers! she was floored.

the judge made her to understand that as her parents and gaurdians we were responsible for her, her actions and her welfare, but as an adult we were not legally bound by such things. he also explained that as a minor she had to follow our rules and abide by our wishes as we saw fit.

well it went over pretty good and i got pretty much complete control over the entire situation that day. she learned pretty quick that i wasn't someone she would bulldoze over and think she would do however she pleased.

the way i figured that since it was my paycheck that paid the bills, the rent and the groceries that came into the house, that she would live by the house rules. my house, my rules!
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #27824

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Damn, that's a good story Axxe. The first thing I thought was that probably cost some decent $, but looking at the big picture, it was $ well spent.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #27825
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Wow.
She hopes to hear from her lawyer on Monday. Hopefully he can come up with some solution. Thanks for sharing.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #27826

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Damn, that's a good story Axxe. The first thing I thought was that probably cost some decent $, but looking at the big picture, it was $ well spent.
it actually cost me very little. about $200 to have the paperwork drawn up from the lawyer, and would have cost a little more if we had had them filed.

yes it was money well spent to have peace and harmony in the house. my biggest concern was my wife's peace of mind and the fact of her two year old daughter. the 16 year old daughter was out of control and a complete disaster looking for a place to happen. her 17 year old brother was a senior in high school at the time and gave me and his mother no problems at all. he and his sister were complete opposites.

so the 16 year old daughter was shown simply that i was the one she would have to listen to. when she got out of line, i simply pointed out about the paperwork that she could sign at anytime and live her own life in any manner she pleased, but that it wouldn't be under my roof.

she tried a couple of times to play the CPS card. that didn't go over too well either. she tought calling them on me would somehow gain her an advantage over me and allow her to do as she wished. well when CPS started doing some background checking into her past activities and her little run-ins with the law and some other things like her running away from home no less than 5 times after she turned 15, she lost a lot of credibility.

even today she is still a screw-up and hasn't amounted to anything. lives on welfare, hooked up with a loser ex-con and on the run from the law! nope she ain't learned nothing yet.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #27827
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
A finger-Fokker?

Wondering why you didn't just name him Fokker.
Fokker is a little too easy to mispronounce.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #27828
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3008 Times on 1681 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i went through something similiar many years ago when married to my second wife and her 16 year old daughter. my ex was in fear of her daughter because she was out of control. when we were first married, the daughter was living with her father and it was several months before she decided to move back in with us. she basiclly told me in very clear words that she would do whatever she wanted to, when she wanted and whenever she wanted to.

that didn't last very long. i got in touch with a lawyer i knew pretty well and explained the situation to him. he did the paperwork and got us a hearing with a county judge. i explained to my stepdaughter when we arrived in court what was happening. that we were having her declared as an adult. which meant we would no longer be responsble for her or her actions, but she would be. the judge and lawyer even explained the same thing to her. i also told her that when she signed the paperwork, that when we arrived back home, all her stuff wuldbe put outside and that she would have to find someplace else to live as he was no longer welcomein our home, nor were we taking care of her any longer that she would have to provide for her own lodging, food and clothing however she had to. it wasn't our concern nor problem. she tried to tell us that we couldn't just kick her out. the judge got real stern and very serious, and explained to her that yes we could very well do so legally and that as an adult, defying us now could lead to her being arrested and charged with trespassing, assault, destruction of private property and many other charges as she would no be an adult and not a minor anymore! her eyes got as big as saucers! she was floored.

the judge made her to understand that as her parents and gaurdians we were responsible for her, her actions and her welfare, but as an adult we were not legally bound by such things. he also explained that as a minor she had to follow our rules and abide by our wishes as we saw fit.

well it went over pretty good and i got pretty much complete control over the entire situation that day. she learned pretty quick that i wasn't someone she would bulldoze over and think she would do however she pleased.

the way i figured that since it was my paycheck that paid the bills, the rent and the groceries that came into the house, that she would live by the house rules. my house, my rules!
Hell even when I was 22 and moved back into my parents' house I knew I had to follow the rules, I was of the same mentality, my Dad paid the bills and paid for groceries it was his house, I lived by his rules.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #27829

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
yeah, i have to agree! but it would be cool name!

imagine Sue outside calling the the dog and the neighbors heard him! "come here Fokker, come on Fokker!"
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #27830
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
"A BBC TV journalist is interviewing a elderly former Polish fighter pilot.

Interviewer: So Mr Stanczewski, I understand that in 1943 you shot down five German aircraft in a single engagement. Could you tell us what happened?

Polish Fighter Pilot: Well we were flying at 20,000 feet when we spotted five Fokkers flying along below us. So we dived down and I aimed at one of the Fokkers and fired a burst from my machine guns right into him and he exploded. Then I saw that one of the Fokkers was on my tail, so I pulled round in a loop and got behind him, and fired and he went down on fire. I looked around and saw two Fokkers attacking my squadron leader, so slipped in behind them, and fired, and that was another Fokker going down in flames. The other Fokker tried to get away from me, but I got right up behind him, and blasted him with my machine guns and turned over and exploded. There was only one of the Fokkers left now, and he was trying to get away, but I flew up behind him, shot - bang, bang, bang - and he blew up too!

Interviewer: I should point out for the benefit of the viewers at home, that the Fokker was a type of German aircraft used in the war.

Polish Fighter Pilot: No, no, no - these Fokkers were Messerschmidts! "

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This