Random Thoughts Thread - Page 277
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #2761
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I ate too much.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHanlin View Post
LOL.. Who did the cooking?
My sister and I. Mostly I.

If I cook, you clean. If you cook Ill clean. If we both cook, Ill clean.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 11-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #2763

Quote:
Jennifer Love Hewitt .. If I ever die, I will let her see me all the time
She is a cutie, but no Hottie!! *wink-wink*

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 11-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #2764

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
10:42 am here in Foggy Stafford VA. I gots me a turkey all spiced up and on the grill cooking till 2 pm Made my own injection marinade and my own rub I pulled the skin from her big D sized boobies and rubbed them good and long working my way down to her oh so shapely legs. Then I went to work on her wings OH YAH this is going to be a good turkey this year.

I is gonna make a cobbler as well as having pumpkin pie and all the fixins.
How did the bird turn out? You did not make your special napalm marinade, did you?

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 11-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #2765

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Bird turned out very good. It sucks sometimes because my birds are so tender that when I go to carve them They just start falling apart. Really to get the wings and drums off all you have to do is pull lightly on them.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #2766

Nice, very nice. Care to share the marinade or rub recipes?

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 11-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #2767

Anyone here ever make trashcan turkey?

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #2768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter girl View Post
Anyone here ever make trashcan turkey?

I have heard of it but never done it myself... Care to share for everyone who does not know what it is ??

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Old 11-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #2769

Quote:
I have heard of it but never done it myself... Care to share for everyone who does not know what it is ??
Well, its turkey cooked in a trashcan.

Take a new steel trashcan, not galvanized, dig a hole slightly larger around than the top of the can, dump a large bag of coals in it (or if you prefer a light wood), let the coals get hot and cover it with about two inches of dirt, then lay down aluminum foil and set a dutch oven in the center, and place your bird on the dutch oven (marinate the bird accordingly beforehand) then put the trashcan over top of it, open end down and line the ground around it with coals, then put hot coals on top of the can (which would actually be the bottom if it were right side up). Let it cook accordingly. If you want you can add either liquid smoke to the inside of the can, or lay woodchips around the dutch oven to add flavor. As the coals under the ground burn away it will suck the can down and create a seal, essentially turning your trashcan into a pressure cooker.

Something I added was a hole in the bottom of the can and placed a one way valve so I can dump marinade into it as it cooks, but doesn't let any of the pressure or flavor out.

Last edited by Shooter girl; 11-27-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #2770

Thanksgiving has got to be one of the best holidays ever created.
I didn't eat anything all day until dinner. Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Brocli Casserole, Corn Puddin, Stuffin, Beans, Cranberries, Carrots, Bread, Apple Pie. perfection!

What country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.
~Thomas Jefferson
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
~Thomas Jefferson
That government is best which governs least.
~Thomas Jefferson