Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2767
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #27661
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

It probably fell off a truck or something like that.

GREAT!! Go to the pound and look for a keeper.
There was a blue tick walker named Samson there a couple weeks ago. Up side, if he isn't there anymore, that's actually a good thing. Kill free shelter and all.

My sister found one she thought would be great, it's a relative of my niece's dog (freaking amazing breed, catahoula). But it turns out it's sickly, has never been wormed or had shots. Never even been to a vet, and it's about a year old.

I ain't getting another dog that's gonna die on me in a month like the last rescue dog we had. Me and the boy both get teary eyed when we think about Mack.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #27662
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 27,061
Liked 10119 Times on 6036 Posts
Likes Given: 14380

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
There was a blue tick walker named Samson there a couple weeks ago. Up side, if he isn't there anymore, that's actually a good thing. Kill free shelter and all.

My sister found one she thought would be great, it's a relative of my niece's dog (freaking amazing breed, catahoula). But it turns out it's sickly, has never been wormed or had shots. Never even been to a vet, and it's about a year old.

I ain't getting another dog that's gonna die on me in a month like the last rescue dog we had. Me and the boy both get teary eyed when we think about Mack.
Best to get a healthy dog that won't drain your wallet right from the get-go.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #27663
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Trip, just get one of those girly dogs right off the bat. You know you wanna!


JK. Rescue is a great breed. Can't go wrong there. I would, however, recommend a smaller short-hair breed. Like in the sub-50 lbs range. Much easier on the food bill.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #27664
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I gotta have a dog that at least has a little size to it, but sub 50 is still a fair sized dog. My niece's dog is only about 30 pounds, but she's small even for her breed.

The dog I was considering can't be over 50. Maybe right at 50 at the most, unless he's a little over by an insignificant amount.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #27665
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I gotta have a dog that at least has a little size to it, but sub 50 is still a fair sized dog. My niece's dog is only about 30 pounds, but she's small even for her breed.

The dog I was considering can't be over 50. Maybe right at 50 at the most, unless he's a little over by an insignificant amount.
Yeah, I prefer that 50 lbs range at this point in my life. We have a coonhound and she is pushing 90 lbs right now. But she's got a bit of a belly on her.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #27666
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I'm so freaking tired. Wish I could sleep.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #27667
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Scratch that, this is beyond tired, I'm exhausted.

I'm going to have to take something.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #27668
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Scratch that, this is beyond tired, I'm exhausted.

I'm going to have to take something.
Take a nap. A 20 minute nap can be very re-invigorating.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #27669
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Take a nap. A 20 minute nap can be very re-invigorating.
I'm a southerner like you. I'm religious about napping. But I can't fall asleep. I just picked up some melatonin and valerian root. Hopefully that'll help.

Well Samson found a home. He's replaced by Hero, a shepherd mix. I'm pretty specific about a dog when I can pick and choose. No puppies, because Sue and I just don't need a puppy. Good with kids and other animals, for obvious reasons. Housebroken is almost a must. Hero is the only one there who fits the bill. He's a surrender dog who's owner passed away, and he's 4 years old. The owner's kids are the ones who gave him up.

And Sue ran straight to him because he looks just like his grandma's dog (maternal grandma).
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #27670
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm a southerner like you. I'm religious about napping. But I can't fall asleep. I just picked up some melatonin and valerian root. Hopefully that'll help.

Well Samson found a home. He's replaced by Hero, a shepherd mix. I'm pretty specific about a dog when I can pick and choose. No puppies, because Sue and I just don't need a puppy. Good with kids and other animals, for obvious reasons. Housebroken is almost a must. Hero is the only one there who fits the bill. He's a surrender dog who's owner passed away, and he's 4 years old. The owner's kids are the ones who gave him up.

And Sue ran straight to him because he looks just like his grandma's dog (maternal grandma).
Have you tried Drank? http://www.itsdrank.com/Product.html I seriously keep at least a half a case on standby (the original purple).

It mixes nicely with vodka or spiced rum, IMO; though, no alcohol is really needed.

There is another natural alternative, but I don't think certain Westerners would appreciate me recommending a hooker or happy ending.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 73 04-06-2016 09:15 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM