Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2761
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #27601
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2823 Times on 1833 Posts

The basic legal premise is if a child is getting food and shelter, and not being abused, then the law can't step in. Abuse is the key word here. Denying a kid supper is legally wrong, imo. Forced eating dropped food is probably legal. Not that I agree with the lack of common sense regarding these laws.

Definitely report away, because it can all be used by the court for a case in the future.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #27602

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Forcing a kid to eat off the floor isn't abusive? Emotional and verbal abuse hold the same penalties in many states as physical abuse.

I reread, and I see. Maybe legal, in a way, but I still consider it to be abusive, and I think the court would too if I could take her back to court.

If I have to go back for ANY reason, I'll be pushing to prove her unfit and have all parental rights taken away.

Last edited by trip286; 08-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #27603

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Forcing a kid to eat off the floor isn't abusive? Emotional and verbal abuse hold the same penalties in many states as physical abuse.
Im waiting on a response from someone on the floor thing. Mental abuse holds its weight, which is why I said abuse is the key word, but is definitely a legal gray area, and will need a diagnosis by a professional. This is just my interpretation and opinion on this subject.

Several weeks ago, I witnessed a 15 year old girl break down crying after talking to her dad that is still in his halfway house. This is after one of his many jail terms. He told her she won't amount to anything, and will end up pregnant and a school dropout when she turns 16. Seriously? If I could have broke the f&%$$@s nose through the phone I probably would have. Mental abuse? He's probably legal.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #27604

Food on the floor thing: not abuse. This comes from a children's services employee.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #27605

Bull ****. With the way he was so distraught over dropping a slice of pizza? And I'm not talking about sitting on the ****ing floor with a plate, I'm talking about getting on your hands and knees and eating like a ****ing dog, licking the floor clean.

That's not ****ing abuse?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #27606

Ok. Waiting on some calls back myself.

Waiting for Louisiana to call back, it's the state we live in.

Waiting for a call back from Mississippi, as it's where we got divorced and they supposedly have some kinda jurisdiction.

Got in touch with West Virginia, where his mom lives and where this happened at. They said it's perfectly legal to make your kids lick the floor clean, as long as it's not a "hazardous substance".

What the ****ing ****. It's illegal to treat ****ING CONVICTS like that.
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #27607

Liked 1317 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 651

I dont have to force my kids to eat off the floor , I have to force them NOT too.
IF they drop it I tell them to clean it up and or help them , IF they THROW it.....
Its game on then , dont know why its so fun for them to throw crackers and gold fish on the floor and then stomp them

Had some wicked storms last night , went to bed at 2 and woke up on the hour every hr , very tired this morning .

No monsters last night but pretty girl was talking in her sleep .

This thing needs to be destroyed ASAP , Robert the doll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Robert_The_Doll_(5999680656).jpg

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #27608

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Ok. Waiting on some calls back myself.

Waiting for Louisiana to call back, it's the state we live in.

Waiting for a call back from Mississippi, as it's where we got divorced and they supposedly have some kinda jurisdiction.

Got in touch with West Virginia, where his mom lives and where this happened at. They said it's perfectly legal to make your kids lick the floor clean, as long as it's not a "hazardous substance".

What the ****ing ****. It's illegal to treat ****ING CONVICTS like that.
Trip,

The situation sounds all sorts of fed up and I am not trying to get in your business for saying this but if you are thinking that you will end up in court I would not post ANYTHING online. i come from a legal family and stuff you say online can be twisted in ways you wouldn't imagine. Again I feel for you and know it is vital to vent but from a purely legal stand point I would not do it on an open forum.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #27609

Yeah, apparently I don't have **** to take her to court over, nor the money to.

I suppose I just have to reassure him that I won't be making him lick the floor clean.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #27610
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I dont have to force my kids to eat off the floor , I have to force them NOT too.
IF they drop it I tell them to clean it up and or help them , IF they THROW it.....
Its game on then , dont know why its so fun for them to throw crackers and gold fish on the floor and then stomp them

Had some wicked storms last night , went to bed at 2 and woke up on the hour every hr , very tired this morning .

No monsters last night but pretty girl was talking in her sleep .

This thing needs to be destroyed ASAP , Robert the doll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Robert_The_Doll_(5999680656).jpg
That monster spray stuff that Winds mentioned works wonders. You can put it in squirt guns too, but best not put it in a Super Soaker as the cleanup the next morning will be a bitch. Or if you have one of those guns that shoots bubbles? Load it up with these special "Monster Vaporizer" bubbles! http://www.sciencebobstore.com/products/Zubbles-Colored-Bubbles.html?ref=lexity&_vs=google&_vm=productsear ch&adtype=pla&gclid=CLLpyZLw-rgCFWXZQgodLB8AXA

Just remember that these things are lethal. They are not toys. They cannot be used for playtime (that makes them extra special to the kids!)

Use their own imaginations to help them through this!
winds-of-change Likes This