Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2758
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #27571
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Ah yes, it's getting dark and I hear thunder we'll be in for some rain here soon. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

Rain is falling a a pretty good clip, nothing like the toad stranglers we used to get in Florida though!
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 08-12-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #27572
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1451 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Trip doesn't drive 80,000 lbs. Of death on wheels.

Haha, I can see you doing that.

80,000 lbs. of death? I prefer to think of it as 80,000 lbs. of poorly engineered, badly underpowered, and barely maintained, but very shiny commerce on wheels. It helps me crawl up into the darn thing every morning.

I think I would have paid to see that. It had to have been better than morning tv. Since I rehurt my shoulder doing things one handed came back pretty quickly, but I really forgot how bad daytime tv is.

Last edited by F4U; 08-12-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #27573
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Funny story time...
Somewhere near Winchester Virginia, on the way up, I stopped at a rest area to take a nap.

I couldn't get comfortable in my seat, and the back seat is too small. So I laid down the seat backs of the rear seats so I could stretch out, kinda half in/half out of the trunk.

I had the windows open just slightly to let the breeze through. After a moment, I hear a car pull up next to me. A guy and girl get out, and they're talking dirty to each other. I feel a slight bump, and realize they're leaning against my car. Oh HELL NO.

I peak out the back window, and see the guy leaning against the tail light. After thinking just a moment, I devised a plan.

I eased down really slooowwwlllyyyy into the trunk... grabbed the glow I'm the dark handle, popped the trunk, jumped up screaming, threw my arms around the guy and proceeded to "try" to pull him into the trunk.

He squealed like a girl and pissed all over himself. He was so pissed, and his girlfriend was laughing her ass off.

I said "Dude. MY car. Lean against your own. And those jeans better not have rivets."
Glad to hear you took at least one nap on the road with all that driving! I have done up to 16 hours straight a couple of times, but that was pretty much my limit.

As to the punking, great job! I would have paid money to see that!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #27574

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Glad to hear you took at least one nap on the road with all that driving! I have done up to 16 hours straight a couple of times, but that was pretty much my limit.

As to the punking, great job! I would have paid money to see that!
I think I'll be showing it for free! I told my sister about it, and we've decided that when it cools off this fall (ya know, so we can avoid that pesky situation of dying in the trunk of a car), we're going to set this up and do it on camera.
People Like This 
Old 08-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #27575

Quote:
i think i'll be showing it for free! I told my sister about it, and we've decided that when it cools off this fall (ya know, so we can avoid that pesky situation of dying in the trunk of a car), we're going to set this up and do it on camera.

do it!!!!!! :d
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #27576

Going to! But it's not so important that either of us feel like sitting in the trunk of a car while the inside temps get upwards of 120 and higher while we wait for the perfect moment.

I'll probably be the one in the trunk, while she sits a ways away in her car with a camera. We'll be communicating by cell phone or walkie talkie.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #27577

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Does Dillinger post anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 08-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #27578

Quote:
Going to! But it's not so important that either of us feel like sitting in the trunk of a car while the inside temps get upwards of 120 and higher while we wait for the perfect moment.

I'll probably be the one in the trunk, while she sits a ways away in her car with a camera. We'll be communicating by cell phone or walkie talkie.
Its gonna be hard to wait that long for the perfect victim. But it will undoubtedly be epic.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #27579

Liked 1344 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

What do you do when your kids tell you there is a monster that comes to see them at night ?

EVEN worse ...... what do you do when both give you the exact same details about him ?
Our monster is mean , sick from eating bugs , does not like scooby doo , black and orange , he sometimes stands at the window in the play room , has sharp teeth , has no momma , he is sad and he tried to take their clothes off and throw them in the pool , and he is bigger than me
And what really gets you is when you ask where he is and they point behind you and start crying
I told them to call mommy next time they see him , daddy dont like monsters either .

Might pull a major payne

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
People Like This 
Old 08-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #27580

Dude, that's creepy sheeit.
My kid woke up from a bad dream last night, and we were sharing my bed. He screams, and I woke up. He starts telling me that "while you were in the kitchen messing with your computer just now, this scary man in the corner just showed up and was trying to hurt me.

I said "dude, the computer isn't even: the house, I've been right here next to you the whole time. Look behind you at the corner, there's no one there. Not even a creepy shadow."

Your kids' monster sounds like a horror movie version of tigger.
Vikingdad Likes This