Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2745
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #27441
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1343 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

My left ear has a new ear drum grafted in , R ear has nothing and they want to build one on that side too but the recovery for the 1st operation sucked so much ass I refuse to do it , nothing but blood and fluids draining down your throat for a week ontop of searing pain in your ear , where they cut your ear off and getting use to hearing in that ear again . Dont mess with my eyes or my ears , cut my nads off before any of that , not really using them anymore .

Also just set off a M18 red smoke can , pretty cool , I would have saved it for the fuse though if it were mine

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #27442
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have often wondered if our tinnitus could be measured. I have taken countless hearing tests and many of the sounds are the same as my tinnitus, i just wonder if they can tune it to exactly the right noise and then play with the volume to figure out what the relative decibel level is of the noise in our heads. Interesting thought anyhow.
If they could do that, then theoretically they should be able to make a hearing aid that emits a sound that cancels the tinnitus' sound out.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #27443

I asked my ear dr about the noise''s'' i could hear , sounded like people talking but no one was around .
DR : Oh ? Well , can you understand them ?
Me : no just low level mumble jumble
Dr: oh , well so long as their not telling you to kill people or hurt yourself dont worry about it .
LMFAO

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
People Like This 
Old 08-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #27444

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Funny. When I went to the doctor, him and my son took turns hitting me in the stomach and making me fart, then he made comments about me sounding like an orchestra.
People Like This 
Old 08-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #27445
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3007 Times on 1955 Posts

I can get 5-6 mpg more at 70mph by drafting a semi truck. BTW, this is well within the 2 second rule.

Trip: I knew a guy that could squeeze his dog and make him fart.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #27446
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I asked my ear dr about the noise''s'' i could hear , sounded like people talking but no one was around .
DR : Oh ? Well , can you understand them ?
Me : no just low level mumble jumble
Dr: oh , well so long as their not telling you to kill people or hurt yourself dont worry about it .
LMFAO
You sure about not understanding them? You hurt yourself more than anybody I have ever known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Funny. When I went to the doctor, him and my son took turns hitting me in the stomach and making me fart, then he made comments about me sounding like an orchestra.
Wow. Is this guy an actual doctor or one of those dudes that just pretends to be one for awhile and then tries something else- like an airline pilot? You'd think he would go for s different specialty- like a gyno doc.
MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #27447

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

You sure about not understanding them? You hurt yourself more than anybody I have ever known.

Wow. Is this guy an actual doctor or one of those dudes that just pretends to be one for awhile and then tries something else- like an airline pilot? You'd think he would go for s different specialty- like a gyno doc.
He's actually a real doctor and came highly recommended by several people I know.

Remember when I was bad sick a while back and couldn't seem to get over it? He thought it was food poisoning and was pressing on my abdomen. Every time he pushed, one would slip out. He says, "wow, it's like an orchestra!" Next thing I knew he had my son standing next to the table and both of them were poking and prodding until I was empty.

I was so damn mad, but I couldn't help but laugh at the same time. His kids go to the same school as Sue.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #27448

Quote:
Is this guy an actual doctor
No but he did stay at a holiday inn .

People Like This 
Old 08-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #27449

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I hate the summer heat. It's 98 right now, and will probably only go down to 90 tonight.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #27450
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I have often wondered if our tinnitus could be measured. I have taken countless hearing tests and many of the sounds are the same as my tinnitus, i just wonder if they can tune it to exactly the right noise and then play with the volume to figure out what the relative decibel level is of the noise in our heads. Interesting thought anyhow.
Ever read about the mufflers that eliminate sound without much restriction on flow, by making the opposite sound to cancel out the engine sound? It would be cool to see THAT in a hearing aid.

EDIT* Tex beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If they could do that, then theoretically they should be able to make a hearing aid that emits a sound that cancels the tinnitus' sound out.

Last edited by orangello; 08-07-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: always read to the bottom of the page, D'oh!
texaswoodworker Likes This