Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2744
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #27431
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
3 hours a night is a little low. Be careful driving home, or better yet, talk someone into driving you.

I usually run about 5 a night and have for a few years now. It is survivable, but does take some getting used to.
Quote:
Keep telling him. You have a little more influence than we have!
Funny...I'm laying in bed wide awake. And it seems she's asleep!

Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #27432
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8205 Times on 4738 Posts
Likes Given: 10565

Quote:
And who would know better than Vikingdad? J/K.
A buddy of mine came up with that saying one night and it was the funniest thing I had heard. He is Italian/Croatian and there were several other guys around of different ethnic backgrounds. We were all talking about our ancestors and I pointed out that the Vikings went everywhere in the world sowing wild oats wherever they set foot and my buddy Bill (who is an eclectic and wildly exuberant artist) bursts out with that, followed by "You guys got nothing on Vikingdad! His ancestors fukked all of your grandmothers grandmothers!"

It was hilarious.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #27433

White noise helps my step dad. Bad hearing loss and ringing. He complains that he can't hear me walking around the house though, and I remind him that I can sneak right past their dog. Ninja pirate.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #27434
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 945 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Vikings didn't rape and pillage for the plunder, they did it for the FUN!!!
"Ravage, pillage, plunder, maim, and put big hickies on all of the fair damsels" Eric the Awful

Old Ray Stevens song.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #27435

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
"Ravage, pillage, plunder, maim, and put big hickies on all of the fair damsels" Eric the Awful

Old Ray Stevens song.
LOL! I just had to look that one up!

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #27436
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21519 Times on 12220 Posts
Likes Given: 53585

i have tinnitus too. i have to have some type of background noise to be able to sleep. fan, radio or tv. if it's too quiet, the ringing in my ears will drive me nuts.

constant loud noise can cause as much problems for your hearing as loud sharp noises like gunfire can cause. much of my hearing problems comes from working around loud equipment for many years with no hearing protection. much of mine is loss in clarity of my hearing. i can hear people talking, but can't sometimes understand what is being said.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #27437
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 945 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
LOL! I just had to look that one up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoBTXeX8ww
I forgot how funny that whole song is. Where can I get a "37 oared fjord"

Old 08-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #27438

Mine sounds like yours. People sound kinda drunk? Like their speech is slurred?

My tinnitus is only bad enough to get on my nerves a bit. Doesn't bother me at all if I have noise going, like music. And just a mild ring when it's quiet, just a little more than would be necessary for me to hear. About as loud as a soft puppy whine.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #27439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have tinnitus too. i have to have some type of background noise to be able to sleep. fan, radio or tv. if it's too quiet, the ringing in my ears will drive me nuts.

constant loud noise can cause as much problems for your hearing as loud sharp noises like gunfire can cause. much of my hearing problems comes from working around loud equipment for many years with no hearing protection. much of mine is loss in clarity of my hearing. i can hear people talking, but can't sometimes understand what is being said.
Yes! That! If I can't see their lips I can't freaking understand them at all. It drives me nuts with some of my customers (the Asian ones) who not only have heavy accents but they frequently wear surgical masks so I can't see their mouths. If they take the mask off I can understand them better (not well, but better).

It also drives me nuts when my wife walks up just behind me and starts talking to me. I have been this way for our entire relationship and she gets all pissy when I ask her to stand in front of me when she is talking.

Quote:

Old 08-07-2013, 05:01 AM   #27440

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Mine sounds like yours. People sound kinda drunk? Like their speech is slurred?

My tinnitus is only bad enough to get on my nerves a bit. Doesn't bother me at all if I have noise going, like music. And just a mild ring when it's quiet, just a little more than would be necessary for me to hear. About as loud as a soft puppy whine.
I have often wondered if our tinnitus could be measured. I have taken countless hearing tests and many of the sounds are the same as my tinnitus, i just wonder if they can tune it to exactly the right noise and then play with the volume to figure out what the relative decibel level is of the noise in our heads. Interesting thought anyhow.

Quote: