Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2737
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #27361
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Final destination part8: trip goes to work
Damn, funny you should say that. A friend of mine from high school just mentioned that same thing on facebook.

Y'all got me scared to leave the office. Especially since I really need to cut some grass today... and I've already flipped the mower twice this year...
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #27362
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,185
Liked 2898 Times on 1887 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Damn, funny you should say that. A friend of mine from high school just mentioned that same thing on facebook.

Y'all got me scared to leave the office. Especially since I really need to cut some grass today... and I've already flipped the mower twice this year...
Gonna make your woman worry...
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #27363
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,360
Liked 980 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 1876

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Got up this morning and stubbed my toe. Got a glass of water from the sink and it looked like chocolate milk. On my way to work, a motorcyclist made a left turn in front of me and wiped out, and I nearly ran over the rider. Tried to cook my breakfast at the office, and the toaster caught fire. A mop somehow fell and caught the cord on the george foreman grill, causing it to whip off the table, slinging hot bacon grease on me.

Hope it gets better, because if it gets worse it could be dangerous. I've only been up for about an hour and a half.
You need to go back home and go to bed.
__________________
"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.
buckhuntr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #27364
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,360
Liked 980 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 1876

Default

Taking a sick day today, and maybe tomorrow. I feel fine, except for this cellulitis infection in my leg. Showed improvement this weekend by keeping my leg elevated and allowing the antibiotics to work, but it's almost impossible to keep it elevated at work, so delays getting better.
My department head saw the leg Friday, so I got no argument about staying home.
__________________
"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Last edited by buckhuntr; 08-05-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: correct typo.
buckhuntr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #27365
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,910
Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

Default

Saturday : Fixed grizzly , fixed customers very nice pontoon boat , while delivering customer very nice boat some idiot came byb wake surfing not 10ft away , ripped the cleates out of the ladies dock and scuffed the stained wood , made my pontoon face plant into the rocks and cost me my dt mt dew that I threw at the people on the boat missing them which made me even more pissed.

Sunday :
Kids are up at 530 wanting to ride the grizzly .... no
Eat and go out to cut grass , both kids wanted to also cut grass
1hr later , kick kids of mower so I can actually cut grass
20 min later I run over a burrow full of baby rabbits
1 rabbit lived
2 hrs later ... rabbit is F'ed up and eats a 22 to end its misery
Go ride the grizzly
Daughter falls of the back of the grizzly while sitting still in driveway
Both kids trip in driveway and get skinned up

What a weekend , but the little rabbit was cute as a button
Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House
__________________
Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MobileMarine is online now  
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #27366
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,306
Liked 4447 Times on 2472 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Damn, funny you should say that. A friend of mine from high school just mentioned that same thing on facebook.

Y'all got me scared to leave the office. Especially since I really need to cut some grass today... and I've already flipped the mower twice this year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

Gonna make your woman worry...
Yeah, quit that sh!t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post

You need to go back home and go to bed.
That's not such a bad idea...
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #27367
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,048
Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Taking a sick day today, and maybe tomorrow. I feel fine, except for this cellulitis infection in my leg. Showed improvement this weekend by keeping my leg elevated and allowing the antibiotics to work, but it's almost impossible to keep it elevated at work, so delays getting better.
My department head saw the leg Friday, so I got no argument about staying home.
Spent 4 days in the VA hospital in St. Louis due to cellulitis last year. Like you antibiotics cleared it right up.
__________________
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly
DFlynt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #27368
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,048
Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Saturday : Fixed grizzly , fixed customers very nice pontoon boat , while delivering customer very nice boat some idiot came byb wake surfing not 10ft away , ripped the cleates out of the ladies dock and scuffed the stained wood , made my pontoon face plant into the rocks and cost me my dt mt dew that I threw at the people on the boat missing them which made me even more pissed.

Sunday :
Kids are up at 530 wanting to ride the grizzly .... no
Eat and go out to cut grass , both kids wanted to also cut grass
1hr later , kick kids of mower so I can actually cut grass
20 min later I run over a burrow full of baby rabbits
1 rabbit lived
2 hrs later ... rabbit is F'ed up and eats a 22 to end its misery
Go ride the grizzly
Daughter falls of the back of the grizzly while sitting still in driveway
Both kids trip in driveway and get skinned up

What a weekend , but the little rabbit was cute as a button
Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House
Cute bunny and cute kid.
__________________
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly
DFlynt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #27369
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,360
Liked 980 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 1876

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Spent 4 days in the VA hospital in St. Louis due to cellulitis last year. Like you antibiotics cleared it right up.
Was hospitalized for 10 days with it three years ago. Never even ran a fever, but for a few days I was really worried about losing the leg, or worse.
__________________
"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.
buckhuntr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #27370
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,910
Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

Default

Wow , a 903 huh ? 2400 grain bullet 40.00 a shot 21,000 ftlbs at the muzzle

Might want to bore sight that one in before hitting the range
http://www.businessinsider.com/check-out-the-largest-caliber-rifle-ever-produced-2013-8
__________________
Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MobileMarine is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads