Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2724
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #27231
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9482 Times on 5121 Posts
Likes Given: 19654

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
I posted last year about my neighbor had some guns stolen, and his dad caught the prick in act, with threats from the bad guy quickly following. He was caught a few weeks after that, he had hit over a hundred houses, including a cops house. The same neighbor just got his Harley stolen.
I suspect the son.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #27232
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3015 Times on 1959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post

I suspect the son.
The son stole his own bike? Either I wasn't clear or you read it wrong.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #27233
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9482 Times on 5121 Posts
Likes Given: 19654

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

The son stole his own bike? Either I wasn't clear or you read it wrong.
Oops. I misread.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #27234
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
YO! GELLO! Come to the party man!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in2osq1ZIvQ
That is cool! Bears use specific trees as a means of communication, that's what they were doing rubbing all over it is leaving their scent. Scent is to bears like newspapers or the internet are to us, only more. That big schnozz of theirs has something like 100 times more scent receptors than humans have, and they can smell directionally (like in stereo!). Their sense of smell is 7 times better than a bloodhound.
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #27235
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Pic added for the benefit of the illiterate!
Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-30-2013, 02:36 AM   #27236

Liked 446 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 9

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/big-data-download/states-drink-most-beer-183941283.html

Woohoo!! we're number 1!!

I crunched some numbers based on what they said & the average citizen of North Dakota drinks about 9.5 beers a week. Now to me that seems really low considering how much most people I know drink. I myself probably drink about 16 or 18 beers a week on average, & i'm far from the heaviest drinker even among my friends.

Although when you consider people like my mom, who drinks maybe 12 beers a year, & my grandparents who don't drink at all, that is kinda impressive

Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 AM   #27237

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've been arguing with an anti gun liberal Brit on Facebook. I kinda think I won.

Every anti gun point he made, I countered with hard facts. He made the emotional plea, I gave him logic and cited examples.

At one point, it was almost a contest of wills to see who would lose their temper first. Can you believe I kept my cool? I even surprised myself. What happened though, is someone else chimed in with some really extraordinary insults, calling me names and making claims about my sexuality and hinting that I'm likely a pedophile. At the same time, someone else (pro gun) did the same to the Brit I was talking to.

I told psycho who was so concerned about my sexual preferences that he was out of line, then urged other people to treat "Colin" fairly, as he was being civil, and doesn't understand our laws (he thinks we should be restricted to firing warning shots or strictly wounding shots, and everyone should have a full psyche eval to own a gun).

No real headway in changing the guy's mind, but I did make head way in getting him to understand that his ideas simply don't work as well on this side of the pond as he thinks they do on his. AND I got through it without urging him to jump off a bridge. Win.

Now where's that one jerk I can't ****ing stand? I desperately need to tell someone to go **** themselves. This civility wears about as comfortably as a porcupine quill vest covered in bovine diarrhea (bull ****).
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #27238
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
I've been arguing with an anti gun liberal Brit on Facebook. I kinda think I won.

Every anti gun point he made, I countered with hard facts. He made the emotional plea, I gave him logic and cited examples.

At one point, it was almost a contest of wills to see who would lose their temper first. Can you believe I kept my cool? I even surprised myself. What happened though, is someone else chimed in with some really extraordinary insults, calling me names and making claims about my sexuality and hinting that I'm likely a pedophile. At the same time, someone else (pro gun) did the same to the Brit I was talking to.

I told psycho who was so concerned about my sexual preferences that he was out of line, then urged other people to treat "Colin" fairly, as he was being civil, and doesn't understand our laws (he thinks we should be restricted to firing warning shots or strictly wounding shots, and everyone should have a full psyche eval to own a gun).

No real headway in changing the guy's mind, but I did make head way in getting him to understand that his ideas simply don't work as well on this side of the pond as he thinks they do on his. AND I got through it without urging him to jump off a bridge. Win.

Now where's that one jerk I can't ****ing stand? I desperately need to tell someone to go **** themselves. This civility wears about as comfortably as a porcupine quill vest covered in bovine diarrhea (bull ****).
Think of it this way. If someone resorts to insults like that, it means you have won the argument hands down. Someone who is truly winning a debate does not feel the need to resort to insults like that. There is no reason for them to.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #27239

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Oh, it was someone else who put in their two cents who resorted to insults, just before the pro gun guy did the same to the Brit I was talking to. He and I remained civil the whole time. Even though I think he's deluded.
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #27240
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
This is how you know you've been stopping at the same gas station too often on the way to work.

I have refill cups for a local gas station and I stop by there often on the way to work. The clerks have begun greeting me and I them. We see each other often enough.

Tonight I stopped in and we all said "hi". I filled my pop cup and took it to the register. The young female clerk asks me, "Do my boobs looked coned to you?" I start laughing and ask her to repeat herself. She said she bought a new bra and it had some padding in it. And she really doesn't need padding so she feels like the bra is making her boobs coned shaped. So I tell her to turn sideways and I eye her boobs. Nope, they don't look cone shaped to me. The two clerks and I started laughing and I said that's how I know I stop there too often. The I said to the other clerk. I didn't WANT to look at her boobs but she MADE me look at her boobs. ROFL
That should look great on the security camera

Quote:

Good job staying cool. Can't remember if I pulled this off this site or a different one. I've referenced this sometimes for just these debates.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/770702/posts
People Like This